Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Gene winfield Metal Class!! Nov. 10-11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TUMBLEWEED GARAGE, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Holy Guacamole! It's already here!!! Don't miss this opportunity to participate in one of the most informative and fun, hands on metal shaping classes this side of the equator! Gene will show you a combination of old school and new tech metal shaping methods. Come prepared to dig in and get down and dirty with the master of metal! (I say, we hi-jack his wheelchair and chop and section it when he isn't looking)
    RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW!!!
    Contact Gene or O.G. John at the shop for pricing and availability. (661) 824-4728

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  2. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Gene's like the Eveready Bunny…...he never quits or runs out of juice. Amazing Guy, the last thing I would want to do after breaking my hip is teach a class.

Stogy and 56 Dodge Pickup like this.
  3. That is really amazing I only wish I was on the left coast so I could attend one of these classes. I talk to Gene every year at the Syracuse Nationals about metal working I can’t imagine being in a shop working with him! I am very happy that he is doing well enough to teach a class. Hobo Jim

Stogy likes this.
  4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I cannot believe he would feel good enough to want to do it. If it is so, you have too give him an A+ for not wanting to disappoint the people signed up for his class, his word and his tenacity.

Stogy likes this.

5. We were going to let the air out of the tires on his wheelchair to slow him down. I don't think it would've worked.

Stogy likes this.
  6. deucemac

deucemac

Saw Gene at SEMA, riding a mobility scooter with his crutches hung on the side. That was Wednesday of last week. He looked a little frail, but he was still Gene. We talked briefly in the aisle but were a slight road block. I told him I would stop by the shop this week. He said the hip was healing and the pneumonia was under control. He was in good spirits and I am sure if he has scheduled a class, the class will go on. He may have someone from the shop do the actual work as he describes it, but have no fear. Gene is the real life Energizer Bunny even at 91! From what I observed, he didn't appear to strong enough yet to Stan and do the work. But, what do I know about the Energizer Bunny anyhow!

Stogy likes this.
  7. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

I've been to this class at Mercury Charlie's. WELL worth the $!!
    Would like to see Gene dancing at the Yokahama Mooneyes show again!!!

Dave

Stogy likes this.
  8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

go & take pics to post here

Stogy likes this.
  9. There are still a few spots open.
    Gene or O.G. John....... (661) 824-4728