Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration 2018 fall colors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tb33anda3rd, Nov 1, 2018.

1. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

carleaves.jpg In front of my house yesterday. The leaf harvest begins today.

2. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

DSC_0937.JPG Forgive this reboot, but seems to fit the bill.
    Yes indeed, the most beautiful time of the year in East Central Brrmont!

3. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

E701DA23-CF74-4BAB-AB0B-EA3AEEEEE2E4.jpeg B8D464DE-6F76-4433-AC8A-2460184C2703.jpeg Some drive time today, just me and my thoughts

4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are in a very beautiful place...Your Country as a whole is peppered with incredible beauty but you seem to be surrounded by it.

This shot looks to be a deep river valley with near mountains and is that a vintage bridge?

Bonus is how you get to all this scenery.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    AVater, Ron Funkhouser, F&J and 2 others like this.
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey All...Lovin' the Hotrods/Customs, Scenery and Color. Only thing missing is the smell of fuel and flora in the air...Great shots...;)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've looked at this shot a few times and just noticed the BIG honkin' leaf on the pavement...:D

Deuces and sevenhills1952 like this.
  7. yes, new england has some really neat topography, i love being here despite the high taxes, long winters and liberal whiners. ct was carved by the glaciers, it has a lot of north south valleys, some shallow rolling hills some deep ravines in spots, the rivers run to the sound.
    the "bridge" is a corp of engineers dyke/dam, creating a lake. rte 254 between Litchfield and Thomaston ct. i was dropping a carb off for rebuild and took the hot rod. perfect day for a fall cruise.

Ron Funkhouser, F&J, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  8. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

9. I have a little story to go with my fall colors. It was so nice today. I thought I take a cruise in the delivery, and take some pictures for this thread. It all started out great. I was taking some nice country roads. The leaves, cool weather, and the rumble of the Hot Rod. Then the starter motor died! I do like my cellphone. Not only did I take a lot of pictures. I called my good friend Gene. He's ( Oh Henry ) on here. He brought some tools, and had me up and going in a jiffy . As always we argued over him not wanting to be paid. He won and said that's what friends are for. That's the best part of this hobby. Now the phone is saying I can't post photos with this post. So I'll try sending them separately Ron...

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. 1929CDAN

1929CDAN

Some fall colors from Missouri. Fall pics 2018 003.JPG Fall pics 2018 006.JPG

11. 39 Deluxe

39 Deluxe

Some nice shots here. We about a month past our fall colours here. I know I posted a few back in September but don't think this one showed up. The 52 Merc at the end of my driveway. Merc end of driveway (1 of 1).jpg

12. 39 Deluxe

39 Deluxe

13. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice! Drone shot?

14. 39 Deluxe

39 Deluxe

Yes, with the Autel X Star Premium drone camera. It follows me pretty close as long as I don't drive above 25 mph.

F&J and Shutter Speed like this.
  15. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good eye, STOGY. Street art courtesy of the Hoodlum Youth of So. Royalton, Vt.

Stogy, F&J and TFoch like this.
  16. F&J

F&J

Shutter Speed & 39 Deluxe,,,,
    Wow, reliving my teen memories of the Canada outback from a trip in 1969 with a HS friend, and then in 1970 spending summer weekends in central Vermont at Chelsea.
    Thanks..

Stogy and tb33anda3rd like this.
  17. Today on the way home from CSRA swap meet! IMG_4213.JPG IMG_4212.JPG IMG_4209.JPG

AVater, Jalopy Joker, cactus1 and 9 others like this.
  18. Went out for a quick drive today. Most of the maple trees that have the beautiful red color have lost their leaves but still some nice yellows. Getting a little cool for a drive without a top! IMG_3928.JPG IMG_3926.JPG IMG_3932a.jpg

19. garage2small

garage2small

Here are a few I shot today and a couple from last year.

20. garage2small

garage2small

Here are few I shot today and a couple from last year. 20181103_115601.jpg 20181103_132402.jpg 20181104_150119.jpg 1st coupe (14).jpg 1st coupe (14).jpg 1st coupe (15).jpg

AVater, Jalopy Joker, cactus1 and 8 others like this.
  21. early morning sun rise over the swop meet............ DSCF0001.JPG

22. F&J

F&J

I said I'd never run the hood top again...but.. as it is my only car right now, and was invited to a Halloween party Friday night with heavy rains on the radar.. I had to. At least it cured the constant leaking radiator from smearing the windshield today ..What a treat to not have to clean the W/S at each stop, or run the wipers

Went out at 10am only to drop off things at two local friends places...but, I never got home till 4pm. :cool:
    DSCN2027.JPG
    ^^ 1700s home on 4-1/2 acres that I wished I could have bought a few years ago on a foreclosure, "Cash-Only deal". Sold for $50,005 top bid!! No barn left but had 12k$ in standing timber on the land.
    DSCN2036.JPG DSCN2037.JPG
    ^^ these two pics are of a tiny section of town called Mansfield City. A couple years ago, there was still a surviving "news post" from colonial times where monthly town news was posted on paper nailed to the message post that had like a roof to keep rain off. I have no clue why it was removed.:(
    DSCN2033.JPG
    ^^Dirt road near my place

DSCN2042.JPG DSCN2045.JPG DSCN2047.JPG
    ^^above 3 pics are at a town walking area called "Clover Mill". A clover mill was here that ran off the dammed pond. EDIT, look at the pic above, you can see trees that were uprooted by the 2013 Tornade that also made a direct hit on MY house and biggest shop building.

A "Clover mill" processes clover plants into seeds that farmers bought to seed the fields after crops were harvested, then later the new clover plants were tilled-in to add nutrients back to the soil. I used to metal-detect here at the former homesite, and found stuff that dates to 1690. Pic below shows what somebody else detected, then left on the old barn foundation. That harness ring is cool, it was hammer-welded together. Also, leather can last for centuries in the right type of soils. Two pieces of leather harness w/brass rivets in the pic.
    DSCN2041.JPG

below is at the biggest dam in town. Awesome building with clock tower. They put the rusted remains of a water turbine wheel out front. DSCN2051.JPG DSCN2053.JPG

DSCN2054.JPG
    ^^one of two large bodies of water that powered that building and now are a water reservoir

Below is the larger water source just up the road. Old Volvo wagon was there with a roof-rack..., a kayaker or canoeist, I assume.
    DSCN2055.JPG

Ok, this was so cool heading back at the emergency flood control dyke trail parking lot. I have been thinking about running a mid 60s Bug again as a winter car..and there was a family with their 66. I spent a HOUR there talking with everyone. I even had cider from the Bug people.
    DSCN2056.JPG

AND...the older fellow on the right?...no shit, he knew my car had a Olds Rocket...because as a kid in the Eagleville part of my town, he had a 1951 Ford 2dr coupe with a 1954 Olds 324, WITH a 37 LaSalle trans!! He coaxed his wife (behind the car) to sit in it for a pic he took. ..and, No kidding, >>>he then said his 51 Ford still exists in New Jersey by the same guy he sold it to in the early 60s!..still being driven a LOT, but after at least 4 different engine types since then.

I had a really good f'g time today.

DSCN2030.JPG
    ^^ this was at the Eagleville Dam near my place...where the 51 Ford guy had lived as a kid nearby. There was a group of young kids with cars lined up for pics on both sides of the lot. There was another teen girl there that came over to take pics and I was telling her & her B/F that "another very cool place to go, is Horsebarn Hill at the University"...no kidding, he then said "we are all going there right now". :D That modern GTO sounded pretty nasty..like cammed up??

I keep saying that I meet so many cool people everywhere I stop. Today was wild..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    AVater, Jalopy Joker, cactus1 and 9 others like this.
  23. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

24. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Living in the moment, good for you F&J, :)

cactus1 likes this.
  25. F&J

F&J

i.rant..yes, you are sooo correct. I went through some changes in my head over the last 18 months, and I now study what is called "law of attraction" & "creating your own reality"..and one thing that is in every YTube video on those, is the fact that the "now" is the only place that we all have lived since birth...and that a person needs to live the Now to the fullest, rather than dwelling on the past, or the future. If you truly believe in this, you can change/create your reality. So far, I cannot tell you just how much my life has changed for the better.

..And every day gets even better. It gets really deep into things like Quantum Physics, but it absolutely works. Anything you want.. is yours...

Edit...now the weird part...when I hit the quote on your post, it only said what it says on your post,,,but somehow, when I hit the button to add your quote...it now shows "good for you F&J"...that kind of weirdness has me so spooked at times...Did you edit? if not, I think I might hear that Twilight Zone music playing.o_O

trollst and Stogy like this.
  26. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You win!

27. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Rolled them both out today and took a couple of quick rides on this beautiful afternoon. Go and figure; the leaves on the trees near the garage are green while the ones on the ground are pretty colorful.

A9CD6CB1-38F8-4AB2-9678-62DA18738BFA.jpeg 866CCFB1-DE92-4527-905D-ED183DAF746D.jpeg