Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 46 Lincoln

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Devin1950, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Devin1950

Devin1950
    from Howell, MI

Just out of curiosity, what's a 46 Lincoln H 4door worth? Stock V12, runs and drives, interior shot, body decent. All the parts are there and gadgets work.

Attached Files:

2. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

One million dollars.[​IMG]

62rebel, VANDENPLAS and X38 like this.
  3. Devin1950

Devin1950
    from Howell, MI

Haha good answer!

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  4. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. You might go online to Hemmings and see what they are listing them for there. At least there you will see them in different conditions and not base your info on just a high or low value. Likely that 46 would have the flathead V8 engine.
    In 2013 I was looking for an early 40's Zephyr and found a 41 4 door listed there in Dallas for $16,000 from a consignment dealer. It was original interior still in great condition with a repaint in original color with an overhauled 12 cylinder. I drove up to check it out & it ran & drove great & struck a deal. We went down to the DMV to transfer papers and it popped up with a stolen car report so I passed on it. I really liked that car.
    Jimmie

5. Devin1950

Devin1950
    from Howell, MI

Thanks for the info Jimmie. It's hard to value these old cars unless it's a complete mess or it's pristine. Everything in between is a mystery! I hope you got your money back on that stolen rig.

There is definitely a V12 in it and that was the stock motor in most of the Lincolns, post war.

6. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

It's really a select market for these.
    Any good 40s car....2-5 K?
    These had lots of do dads and gadgets...power windows stuff like that. To restore a basket case would have to be a labor of love...A love hate relationship...Love car....hate financial security.

Honestly I feel a Ford, Mopar or Chevy of the same year...especially Coupes much much more valuable...or at have a bigger following.

Devin1950 likes this.
  7. Devin1950

Devin1950
    from Howell, MI

I was going to buy it and agreed on a price of 6 grand but my gut was telling me no for all of the reasons (and more) that you stated. So now I got a buddy that's interested in it and i'm trying to help him out. I drove it and it's cool as hell but man that interior scares me. And it's soooo big.

8. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

I would think the motor alone is worth a lot.
    If body, suspension, drivetrain is in good shape even though interior is bad would be the most important. If interior pieces are all there a good upholstery shop could re-upholster it. New that car was way over $4,000, a fortune back then.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Devin1950 likes this.
  9. 48 Lincoln Cropped.jpg My 48 Continental had a Cadillac engine when I bought it in good running condition.
    Be cautious of the wiring, most of it is cloth coated and really dries out. I'm rewiring mine with a Rebel kit but haven't started yet since I'm finishing a 4bar 9" rear axle and 390 FE conversion with a Ford Toploader trans.
    Yes the V12 and especially the OD trans are worth money. The V12 was noted for overheating if you didn't take care of coolant and oil changes. (demise of the bearings)
    Movin/on

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    Devin1950 likes this.