Register now to get rid of these ads!

Reward for return of Rocky's model A.....pic

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, May 22, 2003.

1. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Yep, that's the one. Thanks Curt.

2. Maso

Maso

May I suggest that you bring this to the attension of the people behind this web site:

http://www.websterautoswap.info/

That would help a lot, I'm sure.

Maso

3. Offy

Offy

Here is the e-mail of a guy that might be of help. I got his card at the Bushnell swap meet this past weekend from the fender of his Model A p/u that was for sale and it says, "Model A Enthusaiast". He is Steve Conte at [email protected].

4. buicksarecool

buicksarecool

Man, I've been off the board for awhile now, but I remember seeing this post over a year ago. I thought for sure something would have turned up for you by now. I just can't believe that there's any way that someone would try and sell that car outright after they yanked it. It's just way too high profile. There's no way to register it and you can't do much without a title. Especially if it went out of state. If you've reported it as stolen then the VIN number is going to be tagged as such. The only problem is that most of the DMV workers are lazy as hell. The DMV requires that antique cars be checked out and verified by the CHP to check for the proper VINs, because the CHP has lists of where the actual factory VIN numbers were stamped. Unfortunately, that almost never really happens. I'd say well over half the time they just come out and check the tag that could be installed anywhere on the car by anyone. It's not like the DMV workers have a clue as to where the actual VIN number is supposed to be. It's as simple as yanking a tag off an old junker and bolting it to the cowl and saying, "There's the tag". Since vehicle records drop off the DMV list after a period of years of inactivity, there's not really any way to know. I really hope they didn't part it out though. I hope it finds it's way back home in one piece.

Count me in, though. I'll keep my eye out for it in the SoCal area. If it's trying to be pawned off, there's a good chance that it might end up here. Best of luck to you.

5. CalifCarl

CalifCarl

6. I got another one here. There is a 1930 Ford Model A p/u for sale in the Feb. 2004 Old Car Trader. Phone # for it is 910-862-4573. It is a b/w photo but it looks like it might be white with black fenders and the bed sides have a section painted black.

7. 910 is the southern part of NC...if it looks promising, I'm agreeable to scoping it out...

Let us know!
    Steve

8. I called. The truck has sold. It belonged to the lady's brother and he died about a year ago. She had it since then but decided to get rid of it.

Said it had been in the family for ages. Said its new home is in New Jersey.

Her story - not mine. Still might be worth check up on if someone in the area could keep their eyes open.

JH

9. Thanks, guys.....those '30 model A's look the same to me...Anybody could repaint and I'd never know the difference. After this long [One year since it's been stolen] I still say the only way I'm gonna get my truck back is when some criminal or swap-meet-buyer tries to register my VIN and the NCIC bells and alarms go off.
    Between friends and family, I'll bet we've looked at 20 1930 ford pickups. The biggest problem is, with the fenders and aprons in place, you can't see the damn VIN stamped in the top of the frame rail! I'll just hafta wait....thanks again..

10. JamesG

JamesG

11. Thanks, 1-Low.....I doubt this is the truck with all those changes made to it..

12. lownrusty

lownrusty

heres the link someone was looking for?

13. snapper

snapper
    from PNW

Since this is out to remind everyone again,

*****Be on the look out in two weeks at the Portland Swap meets *******

Not giving up until its back in your hands...H

14. jangleguy

jangleguy

Wow...I'm still pretty new to the HAMB, and had never seen this thread before. Most of you know I'm Rockys brother, and you can imagine, I just about have tears in my eyes right now, after reading this. When our cousin called with the news that the truck was gone, I got a knot in my stomach that stayed there for a long time. After chasing one false lead after another for the last few years, I finally reached the point where I didn't want to think about it anymore...Then this. Holy shit. The HAMB brotherhood is so amazing, I don't have words for it. "Thanks" seems like a pretty tiny word for how I feel at this moment (I think a lot of repressed emotion is returning right now).

You're all lucky to have each other in this big ol' family. Hopefully some day I can help someone here and earn my way in. Meanwhile, on behalf of my family, thank you all for looking out for my brother AND our truck...

15. glad to see this thread still alive, hard to believe its been 4 years. well with the swap meet season starting once again will be keeping a sharp eye out.

Rocky,anything new to add ?

16. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

BTTT

17. OK, EVERYBODY.....PUT YER PRINTER TO GOOD USE, PRINT SOME FLYERS, AND GET 'EM OUT THERE....ROCKY, YOU DID YOUR PART...NOW ITS TIME FOR US HAMB'RS TO DO OUR PART: FIND YER DAMN TRUCK FOR YA!
    A TIP TO ALL...THE PORTLAND SWAP MEET IS NEXT WEEKEND....FOR ROCKYS SAKE, KEEP YER EYES AND EARS OPEN...THAT GOES FOR ALL THE UPCOMING SWAP MEETS IN THE NORTHWEST. SORRY ABOUT YER LOSS, ROCKY, BUT I GOT A HUNCH ONE OF US WILL FIND IT FOR YOU.

18. LIL' AL

LIL' AL
    from RENO

One Nebr. boy to another,My eyeballs are pealed for this truck!! Heaven help 'em iffin I find 'em! All thieves should die!! AL

19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Why do I think of this everytime I see a model A truck on eBay for sale... Then I pull it up and compare them......

20. Thumper

Thumper

I know this is way after the fact but I'm here to tell ya this ole Ga. boy is lookin for it too. I hate a thief.

21. 49 Fastback

49 Fastback
    from Ohio

22. punch one back to the top for me.

23. steevil

steevil

24. CalifCarl

CalifCarl

25. zgears

zgears

Was this truck ever found? there's a truck listed right now on Facebook Marketplace that I swear looks identical. I'm on mobile with bad service and I can't link to it but it's posted by somebody named Jerry Rat Rod out of Washington State. I've got it saved link to later but maybe somebody else can find it and link to it.

26. zgears

zgears

Castle Rock Washington, $14,500, vintage Washington plates 149-094.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  27. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

28. zgears

zgears

Flathead Parts swap and sell group on Facebook.

29. Bear40

Bear40
    from Minnesota

1930 Ford pickup
    $14,500
    Castle Rock, WA
    Looking for trade possibilities. Post pics if interested in trade. Or $14.500 truck is original and runs great. Has 12 volt upgrade and water heater system for comfortable winter driving.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    +4

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  30. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

here is the pic Rocky posted wayback when it was stolen rocky.jpg

chryslerfan55, Chucky and milwscruffy like this.