Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Member from Ontario, Canada

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by roundsy, Oct 29, 2018.

1. roundsy

roundsy

Hi guys, I just wanted to introduce myself (Steven Jr.) as I came across a web search of some of my family's cars and there were a few hits to this page. From glancing through a few threads before signing up, I think a few members will be familiar with some of our collection aka "The Ron Box Customs". I'll list them in order of when we acquired them. We do have a few more cars in the collection, but the Merc, Capri, Impala and GMC are the ones we typically show. You can typically find my Dad (Steve Sr.) cruising locally to Baden, ON on Wednesday nights and local shows on the weekends.

'56 Capri (from Ron)
    [​IMG]

'62 Impala (from Ron)
    [​IMG]

'51 Merc (from Ron)
    [​IMG]

'65 GMC Truck
    [​IMG]

Collection
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    rbrewer and Sum54ford like this.
  2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. WOW, that is some nice rides you have there. How do you find time to work & maintain them after cutting all the wood to feed that huge furnace in the corner? Down here in south Texas I easily get by in my workshop with the small potbelly heater and at age 80 it is a chore to keep up with the firewood for it. At least down here I only need the heater abut 2 months or so a year.
    Jimmie

3. nice assortment of tin(s) and welcome to the board ....

roundsy likes this.
  4. dodgedifferent2

dodgedifferent2

Welcome.
    I am close to your town yearly for moparfest in new hamburg.

I am down towards chatham

5. Hello from the Soo. My wife's from Kitchener, and we're in the area a few times throughout the year.

roundsy likes this.
  6. roundsy

roundsy

Yep that's not too far away, we're located just south of Stratford!

7. roundsy

roundsy

Which shows do you normally attend in the area? I didn't get to as many as I was hoping to this summer.

8. roundsy

roundsy

The furnace actually takes less than you would think. The majority of it is a boiler with a small wood burning chamber. It runs the in floor heat in the shop and across to the house. We sell fire wood so the majority of it is not for us to burn.

9. Haven't attended shows in that area for awhile, usually just down for visits. Had been to Waterdown when I worked in the area. Last time I had my coupe down was last September 2017, when we used it in my son's wedding. He married a girl from Dorchester. Wedding was at St. Mary's Golf Club.

roundsy likes this.
  10. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Welcome from B.C.

11. roundsy

roundsy

Been awhile since I updated this but we added another of Ron’s former cars to the collection.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sum54ford likes this.