Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest What happens around NYC in December??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Norrland, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Me and the wife and junior (9 years old) Going to NYC betvene the 8:th to the 13:th. So i wonder if someone around or just outside Manhattan has some great var or cars to show? Any tips or ideas?

2. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Some times it snows, but I will assure you its going to be cold.

3340, chryslerfan55 and deucemac like this.
  3. oldsman41

oldsman41

Well the lighting of the huge Christmas tree is a big thing if and i mean if the weather cooperates a lot of older stuff up and down 5th avenue.

3340 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. The rhythmic sound of tire chains and studded snow tires.

5. He's from Sweden, I think he'll cope.

Norrland and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

Not car related but if you have time...The Museum of Natural History, Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Guggenheim, etc. Well worth seeing in NYC.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. 5window

5window

Yeah, skip the cars. This should be a family trip. Empire Sate Building, Statue of Liberty, Bronx Zoo,tons of museums, NY food, get a Rick Steves Guide or Lonely Planet.

8. Brownsville or Hunts point are always nice that time of year for a stroll......................just kidding.
    i do not know of any car related stuff going on, but as mentioned, there is always something to see or do.

Norrland likes this.
  9. oldolds

oldolds

The 8th is Santa Con. College age Santas, Sexy Mrs Claus, and elves drink their way thru Manhattan. Interesting to say the least. Open the door to a bar and all you see is red! lol
    If you get down to Brooklyn you might see some cars. I do every time I go there. I am just a tourist. I usually have one or two things I am told I want to see when I go there. ( either GF or business) Then I just wander the area I am in. So I can't tell you more about car things to do.
    Look up McSorelys it is one of the oldest bars in the city. They only sell their beer, dark or light. Good cheap food.

10. Surprised nobody mentioned the Chrysler Building. No organized tours but visitors are free to go inside the ground floor and look around.

11. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Darn. He had to include the dates. I saw the title and was going to say Christmas is in December in NYC.

12. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Have a safe trip to and from.

13. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Eat at Tony DeNapoli's on 43rd Street in Manhatten. It's a 1/2 block off Times Square at 147 West 43rd Street, 212-221-0100. Italian cuisine that is out of this world. You can order individual servings or family style. It's located in the "theatre district" and at Xmas time it gets very crowded. I strongly recommend making reservations about a month ahead of time. I think you can make a reservation from their web site. So you can do it now from Sweden. In fact, I believe the time of year you'll be in the city a reservation is required at their mid town location (43rd street). Not so much for lunch at their uptown location (1081 3rd Avenue between 63rd and 64th streets) 212-888-6333.

www.tonysnyc.com

Way better food than any of the American Italian chain restaurants (Olive Garden, for example) and Carmines. I eat at Tony D's sveral times a year. It's reasonably priced, especially for Manhatten.

14. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

This is car related. Back in the 80s since my wife loves Pontiac we went to see Nunzi Romano in Brooklyn. What a great guy! We spent quite a bit of time there and for dinner he recommended Paulos, a trattoria. It was fantastic, good prices, autographed pictures of many stars, Sinatra, Dean Martin, etc.
    I just read where Nunzi is retired but still active...he's a Pontiac guru!

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

15. The Hayden Planeterium is fun, right around the corner from the famed Dakota apartments (John Lennon was shot there) but one of the coolest pieces of architecture. So is the Flat Iron building. Have a beer or 5 at McSorleys Ale House.

16. Rockefeller Center. See the Christmas show.

Norrland and 56shoebox like this.
  17. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Do they still have outdoors public skating?

18. oldolds

oldolds

Yes, Central Park. Bryant park. Somewhere near Rockefeller center. Prob other places as well.

Norrland likes this.
  19. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Three outdoor rinks in Midtown Manhattan: Bryant Park on 42nd Street and 6th Avenue (Located behind the Library), Rockefeller Center, and Wollman Rink in Central Park (59th Street and 5th Avenue).

Norrland likes this.
  20. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Intrepid museum.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  21. This is my 4:th time in NYC and wifes 5:th time.
    But for junior (9 years old) its the first time. We are planing lots of familj things. Ghostbusters firestation, top of the rock. Iceskate in Rockerfeller center. I know there is not much car related stuff in Manhattan. Just tought someone close by like in Queens or Bronx or Long Island or NJ-side had something cool to show and maybe talk and get some Coffee? Is there any cool to visit Bob Ida??

22. That is in our list

23. That was cool. Wonder if he would like a Swedish Visitor?

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  24. Got snow today here where i live in Sweden

Attached Files:

25. i would bet he would, seems like he likes to show off his stuff.

26. Will try to get a hold of him then.

27. Does anyone now how to get a hold of Lenny Shinner?