Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features So what's on the shop radio?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostone, Oct 21, 2018.

1. If you've got web access in the shop and you're looking for music you haven't heard before from artists you probably haven't heard before give WWOZ from New Orleans a try. :cool:

https://www.wwoz.org/listen/player/

Old stuff, new stuff, dirty ol' blues, some funky R&B, Cajun, jazz, live concert streaming, you name it. Never boring. Never repetitive. :p

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  2. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Silence when I'm concentrating on something-otherwise ol time rock and roll or blues.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I have actually just have been lately going on YouTube and listening to some 80's rock and videos. Sort of cool to relive some of the concerts I used to go to. Funny now I guess but I used to go to a rock concert on a Friday , Cinderella, Motley Crue, then go see the Judd's on Saturday. I can appreciate almost anything unless it's rap. Though RunDMC with Aerosmith combo on one song was okay.

chryslerfan55 and akoutlaw like this.
  4. modeleh

modeleh

I’m on the west coast but I really like the Chubby Howard show on Saturday and sundays out of Xenia, Ohio. He’s a pedal steel player in his 90s who still DJs on the weekends. Some great traditional country and western music. Lots of E.T., Webb Pierce, Jones, Haggard, Willie and Waylon. Tough to beat that kind of music.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. Zepplin and Floyd. Ok, maybe some Greta Van Fleet too.

6. I generally play the more extreme sub genres of heavy metal, most notably but not limited to; Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Napalm Death, Darkthrone, Kreator, Terrorizer, Gorgoroth, Bathory, Emperor, Thy Art is Murder and many many more. I also imagine that 99.9% of you have no clue about what I just typed, but that's ok. :cool:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Just the stuff to cheer a feller up, I can tell.

X38, czuch, wraymen and 5 others like this.
  8. My hearing problems make all music into unintelligible noise, so no radio. Loud pipes still sound good!

9. Check out my previous post about my massive 850 plus old school playlist on Spotify. It's called "American Graffiti on the radio". Let me know what you think!

Nick

Sent from my Pixel XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. The shop radio is a laptop playing youtube-playlists. Lately these have been in the mix:

Nicholas Coe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. VonKool13

VonKool13

Punk Rock, Swing, Psychobilly, some Rockabilly, and classic rock like the Stones. Sometimes early country. Then when the homies come over we break out that 90's gangster rap!!

12. jailbar joe

jailbar joe

dust....just dust

wbrw32, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

...in the Wind...All we are is Dust in the Wind...;)

R-4072026-1354292234-8443.jpeg.jpg

Kansas 1978

Just kidding Joe....silence is golden sometimes too.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  14. Deuces

Deuces

Nope! Not at all.....:confused::rolleyes:

15. I enjoy some soothing death metal on weekends and so do my neighbors and gf.
    Seems like the local enforcement like to come have a listen too.

czuch likes this.
  16. onetrickpony

onetrickpony
    from Texas

I have a $20 FM radio/mp3 player someone posted about here on the HAMB. I piped the output to an old surround sound subwoofer and speakers. Thousands of songs from the 50s thru the late 70s mean I can go weeks without repeats if I want. Rock, blues, and some country but a few comedy routines, also.

17. j hansen

j hansen

Trust me,,I have tried,but it does not work.

18. topher5150

topher5150

lemme guess.......Pantera???

19. bct

bct

I've been on Spotify and enjoy it when it works. Here is one from the cowpunk list that stands out to me.

Ignore the silly graphics

20. mountainman2

mountainman2

Ipod with 5,786 songs of about every genre. '50s thru 2010. Very little from the last 10 years. Have a friend that was a party DJ that let me copy his library and I added my collection of 40 years to that.

21. I have a like new 8 track player I picked up at a yard sale a few years ago for $2. It was an old JCPenney brand and still had JC Penney batteries in it. Also a friend picked up whole case full of 8 tracks for me at a thrift store. I mostly listen to Elvis and 40’s big band music on it. So if you have some Elvis 8 tracks you’re looking to get rid of, I’ll take them.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. Misfits, Dead Kennedys, UK Subs, GBH, Dead Boys, Ramones, Bad Religion, Circle Jerks, Descendants, you get the idea....

23. oldsfrench

oldsfrench
    from France

hello from france..
    no radio in my garage , but when i work on my car , i use a good quality wireless speaker
    and have a playlist from my phone...
    50's rock n roll ,most from sun records
    80's rockabilly stray cats , polecats..
    and sometines i like to hear rockabilly/psychobilly : reverand horton heat is the best..

24. Gavin Tittle

Gavin Tittle

Usually some loud punk rock

Bad religion, Social Distortion, Dropkick murphys, Rancid, Operation Ivy, etc

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Nailhead Jason, Chavezk21 and F&J like this.
  25. Walter Trout, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Stapleton..... sometimes I go to Bob Segar, Wanda Jackson. Willie and Waylon if I am in a country mood.

26. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

DR. DEMENTO!

chryslerfan55 and czuch like this.
  27. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

HAHHAAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I had a Dr. Demento CD in the other day. The wife asked "What the hell is that"?
    I also had Pork, and the Havana Ducks. They're worth a listen if you like funny.

28. Same here.....
    my biddy asked me when the last time I had it on...I told him Last time it was too small as I had gained so much weight

29. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

Commander cody , Merl

30. lowrd

lowrd

As noted in #6,, same old stuff repeated hour upon hour. I'm now hooked into jazz at my local NPR station streamed on the laptop with external speakers. Different styles of good music all day with some news on KNKX out of Seattle.