Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1932 Ford under seat panel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seabeecmc, Oct 22, 2018.

1. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Are the 32 Ford Roadster Flat Floor Under Seat Pan 1932 all interchangeable? I ask because I want to order one and the prices vary. There is also some variance in the part numbers. I realize I am a frugal piker and wish to purchase the least expensive piece that fits. Ron

2. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. Materguru

Materguru

i believe they are. i bought one for my 32 Cab and it fit well. i suggest one from UAPAC. Thats what i got. same guage metal and they do a good job of correctness.

4. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I have used that piece in your link, and it fits well in a United Pacific floor for a 5w. Roadster pan under seat is the same, 3W couple all together different.

5. Materguru

Materguru

6. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Which frame does the OP have? Gennie frame can use an actual pan that drops down around the K member. A frame with aftermarket trans mount and braces needs to use the flat pan like in the first post. s-l1600 (2).jpg

7. Materguru

Materguru

It fits fine in a 32 frame. Seebeecmc don’t overthink it. I told you what I know. it’s good info. That’s what’s wrong with most of these posts they get out for such a tangent you don’t ever get your original question answered go buy one you’ll be happy I speak from experience if I think about it I’ll send you a picture of that very same one sitting in a 32 frame. Btw, I love the movie about you guys big John Wayne fan

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

seabeecmc likes this.
  8. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I agree. The only reason I mentioned the above pic, is I would like to have that much extra space under my seat, but can't due to the construction of the frame.

9. Materguru

Materguru

Actually CeeBee I still have the back frame part or back floor plan I should say and took as little as I needed to and what I did was get a five window and cut out what I neededof it and it turned out incredibly. I will take some pictures. This is not for the faint of heart though good luck

10. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Appreciate the help. I am using IC's frame legs. They preclude the use of the stock (dropped style) under seat pan in my 5 window project. If I understand correctly only roadster and 5 window aftermarket flat under seat pans will fit. Ron legs.jpg

ct1932ford likes this.
  11. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Yes you are correct. Of the pans that are available, the link to the one in your original post is a good one to choose. Watch the auction site for them, I found mine for almost half of a new one, only had some surface rust on it. Never been installed.