Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What is this part worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lpmorgan, Oct 23, 2018.

1. lpmorgan

lpmorgan

Factory 1957 Ford Y block intake valley pan for a dual four setup. It’s in great shape and was recently media blasted. I can’t find one on the internet to price compare it to.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. If it's a Edelbrock # 255 intake about $150.00 without the intake not much. HRP

3. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

After market manifolds did not need the sunken valley center. 150 is about right.

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

If you need the part, or just want it, and there are no others to be had....it’s worth whatever you are willing to pay or the seller wants for it, whichever is less.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018

5. lpmorgan

lpmorgan

It’s just the valley pan but it’s an original piece not aftermarket.

6. metalman

metalman

I hate to admit this but when I have a part I don't need and want to sell but have no idea of value I put it on E-bay. I start with the lowest price I'll sell it for, sometimes no bids, sometimes I find it to be worth much more then I thought thru a bidding war. Regardless, by the time it's over I have a better idea of what it's worth!

Hnstray likes this.
  7. There is one on Ebay for $30 right now. Yours?

8. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

The $30 one is not a dual carb setup. His is $250.

9. My experience is if it's a genuine rare and desirable part, it'll bring the money. A relatively low 'start' price will bring in more bidders, that helps too. Make sure you get the listing title right as that makes a big difference. And this is a restorer part, not something most hot rodders will care about. 'Thunderbird' should feature prominently in the listing...

Hnstray likes this.
  10. lpmorgan

lpmorgan

Thanks for the input fellas. My father in law seems to think it’s worth $250, and yes that is his on eBaythat I posted for him. I was hoping to get some info to help me convince him to advertise it for a more reasonable price.

wraymen likes this.
  11. I'd start it at no more than $100, with the longest listing time available. If it's worth more, it'll bring more....

Hnstray likes this.
  12. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’d post it over at http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/default.aspx. As stated, those are only needed with the factory 2x4’s, but there’s a lot of guys over there running the duals. At least join and point out the eBay listing.

Nobey likes this.
  13. lpmorgan

lpmorgan

Well I gotta give the ole’ man credit, looks like he was right. It sold in less than 24 hours on eBay for the full asking price of $250.

Hnstray likes this.