Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods It's getting dangerous out there!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I know in the scheme of things with all of lifes' inconveniences this may seem trivial to some but I'm sure people that have lost loved ones to distracted drivers feel just like it was a drunk driver.
    The thing with innatentiveness at traffic lights really has gotten out of hand and it pisses me off because anymore I seem to experience this every time I go somewhere. My wife thinks I'm being rude when I lay on the horn after a five count.
    So I started using a line that my high school pals' truck driver dad used in the late 60's.
    He would yell "It ain't gonna get any fucking greener asshole".
    I always feel better but my wife wants to crawl under the carpet.

2. Mike

Mike

Once again, in your quote of my post, you edited out the part of my post about why I have no issue with cell phone use being singled out. As I said before, I reckon you chucked it because it intelligently and reasonably counters your point.

Like I posted before, you and I will have to disagree about this.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  3. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

We don't have to - you could just admit you're wrong. ;)

4. Mike

Mike

In those situations, the father of an old girlfriend of mine used to yell "What are you waiting for, inspiration?".

5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You guys need to get along. :D:D:D

Posted on my I-Phone while driving to work eating a breakfast bagel sandwich and drinking my morning coffee.
    Oh, and listening to the morning news ;) :D:D

(Just kidding)

Sky Six and 6inarow like this.
  6. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I find the irony of this thread amusing. Most everyone calls out for more laws and more law enforcement while the other police threads continuously bad mouth the police. Name calling, etc., are the norm.

Which is it? Do you want the laws enforced or not?

trollst likes this.
  7. 6inarow

6inarow

the problem is there is too much selective enforcement of the law

Blue One likes this.
  8. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

I have always said that the people who use their phone while driving should have the phone and CAR taken away for thirty days. They should have to pay the fines before they get either back.

9. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Is there no reason to have at least some discretion? Is it your contention that no one can ever take a phone call without risking life and limb? I call BS on that.

Let's take the example of a fighter jock or helicopter pilot. Watching a gazillion gauges. Monitoring fuel consumption checks. Math is involved. Yes, there is a fuel gauge, but it is always prudent to actually check the actual burn rate and see that the indicated fuel quantity jibes with the time spent in the air. They also read maps and navigate, and talk on the radio, switch frequencies all the while flying, many times this is done in the dark while using night vision goggles. Like many things in life it's not what you do but how you do it.

mountainman2 and dirty old man like this.
  10. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

Would you want to bet your life on the attention span of a 17 year old girl, on the phone, vs. a fighter jock or helo pilot?

F&J and LAROKE like this.
  11. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

You just proved my point. Go after the 17 year old girl then, or whoever it is, there's no need to fuck with people who can actually chew gum & walk at the same time. This "one size fits all" BS legislation is just nonsense. There's no discretion involved anymore.

mountainman2 and dirty old man like this.
  12. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Think it's dangerous out there? Try being in Arizona in the winter time where the bluehairs think traffic lights and stop signs are merely suggestions and not required.

Sky Six and F&J like this.
  13. F&J

F&J

now that's funny..

14. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Not limited to Arizona.

seb fontana likes this.
  15. I was the 3rd car in the line , stopped at the red light , driver of the truck that ran into me "didn't see me" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shit for brains . DSCF2791.JPG

16. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

Welcome to Flordia.

17. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

How does one not avoid noticing a school bus with flashing strobes, red lights, reflective markers & signs?

Death toll: Two twin 6 year old boys, 9 year old sister, another child in critical condition. Them smart glasses don't work too good.

IMG_0723.PNG IMG_0724.PNG

18. HellsBells5

HellsBells5

Can't help but think that texting was involved........Many lives changed forever once again.

dirty old man and seb fontana like this.
  19. hotrod37

hotrod37
    from Indiana

The school bus deal was very sad. People either don't care or know they are supposed to stop. It is amazing how many people still try to go around a bus.
    Tragic that the kids had to die to bring this to everybody's attention. But how do you not see all the red light flashing and all??
    Prayers for the families involved. Please be safe.

dirty old man likes this.
  20. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

And how fast do you suppose this cretin was driving, for a few little kids to cause that level of front end damage?

dirty old man likes this.
  21. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

same here in the Emerald Isle

22. johnnymac1

johnnymac1

I was headed to the Syracuse Nationals last year, NY rt 81 south, doing 72 maybe 74 mph, looked in the mirror, car coming fast, I got on the shoulder, the car finally got in the left lane, I looked over, kinda pissed, figured she was on her phone, but no, it must have been ok to be reading a paperback book while doing 78 mph, 2 miles down the road she's doing 50, I got in the left lane, let her know she was # 1 in my book, 2 miles later, she blew by me doing like 85. Not sure what they teach in drivers ed now days. Be safe my brothers, watch out for the young uns, they are in a different neighborhood while behind the wheel.

Truck64 likes this.
  23. Deuces

Deuces

Seen that on the news..... Sad....:(

24. 117harv

117harv

HAMB Facebook, awesome....

25. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

I don't think schools have Drivers Ed. anymore. I watched some idiot, she made a full stop where a highway onramp met the freeway. LOL Really weird watching everything we took for granted collapse all around us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.