Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Beware of Last Refuge 1932 - 1934 Ford Bed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34 ford pick-up, Oct 20, 2018.

1. kasselyn29

kasselyn29

You paid money it wasn't good quality I get that, and when after countless hours and smashed fingers ect. you will have the bed all together the first thing your buddies will say is oh wow that was in good shape. Keep the updates coming on your progress.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's too bad. I really like his Cabriolet Pickup body. But by the sounds of things here and previously, it'd be a chancy proposition.

3. I don't mean this to be mean spirited but guys like Norbert stay in business because there are always guys like you who ignore all the warning signs and think it won't happen to me. In no way defending his business practices but this deal stunk from the get go even dealing with a reputable company but it reeked when considering who was involved and you should have jumped ship the minute he offered the original refund.

4. 34 ford pick-up

34 ford pick-up
    from california

Just Wanted to update for anyone who is following this thread. Norbert did text me today and offered to make me a new set of bed sides, he said he thinks his bead roll dies might be old and worn and may need a new set.
    But I already have a friend working on fixing the Beads on these bed sides and the progress is going well ... I felt I needed to speak up on his behalf because he does seem genuine in wanting to make good on the transaction. Just Thought everyone should Know.

porkshop, j hansen, bct and 2 others like this.
  5. 1932tub

1932tub

Even if the dies are old and worn you could still achieve a better turn on the corner than he did.
    Some of mine are well over a 100 years old and still work perfectly.

34 ford pick-up and da34guy like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

People here in business or actually anywhere in Hotrod/Custom have to stand up and take back the fort if they don't deliver...as in the connected world here word travels fast, far and hits hard.

I've seen many step up and make good and as an business rethink their strategy...it's important for their reputation and survival.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    34 ford pick-up likes this.
  7. He always seems genuine that's how he keeps sucking people in. I have yet to hear a single instance where he has actually come through with his promises in a timely manner that did not involve the buyer having to hound him constantly for him to keep his word. Now you are defending him and he has done nothing more than sell you a shitty box for a slight discount and pay you lip service. And the cycle will continue.

fiftyv8 likes this.
  8. 34 ford pick-up

34 ford pick-up
    from california

No , I'm not defending him ... simply being honest , he screwed me over there's no doubt about that , I left Negative Feedback for him on ebay as well , My purpose in posting this ad was that the cycle would Not continue .... But It really doesn't matter what I say anyway because even though some HAMBers feel the same way I do , others feel I got what I deserve ( a shitty box )... I am Simply stating the facts in the case .... everyone else can decide what to do with it.

As for me, I learned my lesson and will Never buy from Last Refuge again. I'm having a friend fix the panels up that I received and I'm never looking back. Some folks on here say he's a nice guy while others say different ... so who do you believe? The ones where everything went perfect and are happy with his product -or- the ones who got burned like me? Makes no difference to me, seems like a crap shoot ... it's a Gamble , but one I will never take again.

Stogy, kidcampbell71, fiftyv8 and 3 others like this.
  9. maninacoupe

maninacoupe

Sorry to see that but I ordered a 31 bed from Norb before Christmas. Ask about turn around time. He said two weeks. Glad to say he delivered on time. And the bed has no flaws that I see.

10. maninacoupe

maninacoupe

He took care of me right on time with a good product. Guess maybe I was lucky or maybe he has some bad help.

11. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

When I ordered some bed parts from him to fab a modified Model "A" bed, we discussed exactly what I wanted, came up with a price, & told him to "go for it". I did not expect perfection, & did need to do some rework, but was happy with the parts he sent me, as well as the price. Yes, I would order from him again!

12. Rich S.

Rich S.

It looks like he came out of the strait away to fast. When he hit the turn, lost it and crashed into the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  13. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

Honestly what do you expect for $275?

14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I believe he got it off Ebay and there was no reserve so I would expect what you would get for full price. Ebay is an auction for product...if your going to get shit for less money state that in your product info sort of like if you get it for less than full price you will get seconds and watch your business thrive.

Like a draw for a car advertise a new car and sell two tickets and switch it out with a used one...

I saw Gas Monkey lose out on a non reserve auction...he lost his shirt but the highest bidder got the same as if he paid more...that is what No Reserve means...highest bidder wins.

This box guy can deliver good product but in this case delivered substandard.

He will feel that delivery of substandard for a long time. The OP should actually get his best replacement for his junk at his own cost and nothing less.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    Rich S. likes this.
  15. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/last-refuge-hot-rods.46511/
    Nothing but junk and there has been a handful of threads re them on here

16. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal