Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1960 Oldsmobile convertible to hardtop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by denis62, Oct 22, 2018.

1. denis62

denis62

I know people use convertible parts to make a hardtop into a convertible, but what about the other way around;
    I have a 1960 Oldsmobile 2 door hardtop that I want to restore. Its complete but is pretty rough. I also have a convertible shell that is much better but missing some key ragtop parts(back seat, piston cover, fabric and back window and a few trim)
    How hard would it be to convert the convert to a hard top. With a fixed or removable roof.
    Then I could sell some of the convertible parts to fund the project.
    thoughts? anybody done this?
    Denis

2. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not being a putz denis62 but wouldn't it make way more sense to invest your time and energy in the vehicle that will be worth way more when done? If the body on the ragtop is good enough to consider moving the other top to it must be good enough to fix correctly. I would think locating the missing parts would be easier than swapping tops.

3. BJR

BJR

X2

4. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

Someone would want to fix both of those cars. Make due until you can find the right stuff to fix one or the other, that or swap em for something else.

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Would we call this a ragster? o_O