Register now to get rid of these ads!

History hypothetical question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 5, 2018.

1. vert1940

vert1940

nope...if I sold it I was really ready to get rid of it

2. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

It must have been a case of someone buying something that was fairly nice, then decided to go another direction with it.

Most likely, it's either a "got in over their heads" scenario, or once they started working on it "everything else" around them needed fixing and the new owner could not make time for it or ran out of money....

What a shame... Please keep us in the loop with your progress.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. In over there Head could describe Me at this point. It did need some help when I sold it but Nothing like it does now.
    The Wizzard

4. lostmind

lostmind

The only one I would buy back is in my Avatar. 37 Terraplane.
    It was sold because my son was so uncomfortable riding in the middle ( 3 passenger was
    an exaggeration.) I did see it about 10 years later , sadly deteriated but restorable.
    Best driving " Old" car I owned , out of approximately 130

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  5. oldsman41

oldsman41

Yep there is one for sure i would buy back and the guy promised me when he was ready he would let me know.

6. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No, but if the voice on the other end offered me a 60x100' shop I'd be listening very intently...

7. Yes, within reason I would jump on it......but have to understand that probably is not going to drive and handle and perform like I remember. My memory is for the sunshine moments, not the cloudy ones

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Would love to have back my first hot rod (and what we drove away at our wedding in back in 1981). 1930 Model A 5 window couple on a T-bucket frame.
    "...if the price was right"- he'd have to need the money really bad. LOL :D

9. norms30a

norms30a

Scan0003 - Copy.jpg Whenever I think of stuff I have built, this one is always the one I think of. Haven't seen it for 35 years and I don't know if I would like it the way it was, 35 years later.

classiccarjack likes this.
  10. I'll trade you for my Model A... LMAO! That, my friend, is one amazing ride that you should be most proud of. ;)

11. LAROKE

LAROKE

Is this a trick question?

My '69 Javelin SST fer shure

12. raymay

raymay

Sad to say but I have bought a few back over the years. The 37 in my Avatar is on its second go around with me and my Son bought back my old 37 Chevy Kingcab pickup from the guy I sold it to. I have even gone so far as to recreate one of my old cars. The nice thing is I built models of most of my favorites so when I sell the real car I still get to enjoy looking at the models.

IMG_2374.JPG IMG_6222.JPG

13. Latigo

Latigo

Oh Yea! Most all of them. Feel the same way about old girlfriends.
    Just sentimental I guess.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018