Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features So what's on the shop radio?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostone, Oct 21, 2018.

1. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No sir, none of that Doo Wop shit in my shop! Same thing goes for that surfing crap. Other sixty stuff is cool. Hated the British invasion in 64 but now I love me some Mick and the Stones. Most of the time its classic country or classic rock.

2. poco

poco
    from oklahoma

country & western only

little red 50 and 6-bangertim like this.
  3. topher5150

topher5150

I've been finding my self listening to a lot of late 70s hard rock (Deep Purple, Rainbow, Thin Lizzy, solo Ozzy) and New Wave of British Heavy Metal, and Thrash....Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Grim Reaper, Megadeth, Testament, Metal Church...etc

4. It's Danny Gatton. Not picking on you but he was a local boy and we are kind of fond of him. Probably just a typo anyway.:)
    If you like amazing guitar players check out Mato Manji guitarist for Indigenous.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Static.....horrible reception.

6. RIP Danny Gatton. Such a talent, gone far too soon.:( 51D6eaVFpKL._SY300_QL70_.jpg 51D6eaVFpKL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

7. boring-hop-yard

boring-hop-yard

12 hours of music on a flash drive and tuner set on shuffle.

Stogy and Truck64 like this.
  8. Sort-of-local classic rock station, unless it's not coming. in well that day. Then I'll stream electric blues or classic rock. Sometimes, just the air compressor and grinder.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

10. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

In between the half hour of commercials every hour. As I got older my tolerance for commercials, advertisements, "public service" announcements, politicians et al, is just about nonexistant.

At night 650 WSM out of Nashville comes in booming on the old 1942 Zenith in the garage, that's pretty cool.

11. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

KLOS 95.5 Classic Rock or KFI 640 AM Talk Radio

12. Solar Powered SUN RADIO, KLZT, Austin...streamed over the interweb. Great music!!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. Uuually punk stuff, agent orange, adicts, misfits, black flag and the like. Lot of old country gets played too.

chryslerfan55 and topher5150 like this.
  14. Real country, good early rock, most any blues and a pinch of Jimmie Vaughan here and there.

6-bangertim likes this.
  15. mrchewie

mrchewie

After attending about a hundred loud kickass concerts over the years, all I listen to anymore are soundtracks on Pandora.
    Just like Grampa.
    I like sports radio when I'm splitting and stacking wood..

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Early Pat Benatar; Jimmy Durante; Frank, Dino Christmas albums; 40's songs to remember;
    Southern Culture on the Skids, 38 special, That was yesterday's sound track.

17. j hansen

j hansen

No radio.........I got my Spotify list. Skärmavbild 2018-10-22 kl. 17.11.02.png

18. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

EIB radio network 9-12 am when I'm in the garage in the morning. ( if you know...you know) Then a western movie on the cable TV which I don't watch much but listen to. Anyother time, silence is golden.

19. partssaloon

partssaloon

I have a computer in the garage with a few thousand of the good old stuff and just hit play all!

chryslerfan55, Truck64 and Stogy like this.
  20. squirrel

squirrel

I had a computer in the shop to play music with, then mp3 players got small and cheap enough, I just use one of them. Connected to an old amp and some good size speakers.

Stogy likes this.
  21. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

WOWO 1190 AM in Fort Wayne, Indiana....some of the old codgers might remember way back when when they were pumping out 50,000 watts of power, people in Florida and California could hear them...

22. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

A couple of years ago my local oldies station ceased to play music. I did without for about a year and finally decided something had to be done. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money so I relied on my grandson who brain is computerized and I now have a setup for less than $50 that plays 120 oldies of my choosing randomly thru out the day.I could increase it to 1300 songs but why? If your interested let me know I can go thru it with you .

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    czuch and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

I find myself listening more to cd`s anymore, as stated above the song to commercial ratio just keeps getting smaller and smaller every year, soon it will be 1 song-1 commercial.

Another thing I miss is on air personalities. They used to have some cool dj`s around here back in the day but that's a thing of the past on local stations, kinda like explaining to a youngster what a juke box hero is.

I'm just getting old :)

czuch, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  24. jbon64

jbon64
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

on the CD changer ,its loaded at present with pantera ,coal chamber , hell yeah and saliva . another 5 cart has nothing but clutch. sometimes i listen to XM howard stern only (hey now !) . i may do a sound bar like scotty t so i can listen to my spotify list. lately i've had the TV going on netflix binge watching breaking bad.

chryslerfan55 and Nicholas Coe like this.
  25. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Pshaw... WLW had a license for 500,000 watts in 1934, farmers said the barb wire fences in the area would sing along with the programming, light bulbs in certain homes wouldn't turn off, and they got music requests from the British royal family. They had a cooling pond out front of the transmitter site to keep the final output tubes temperature down. The filaments ran on something like 33 volts @ 250 amps.

http://j-hawkins.com/wlw.shtml

IMG_0705.JPG

26. 392

Country. But usually off because of work. Silence is good.

Stogy likes this.
  27. Crankhole

Crankhole

Robert Johnson on heavy rotation.

chryslerfan55 and Nicholas Coe like this.
  28. 34Larry

34Larry

Radio 30% conservative talk.
    35% CD/Cassette old time classic RR.
    35% CD/Cassette classic country.

tractorguy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  29. jazz1

jazz1

Spotify is usually choice. Tom Petty shuffle today. Sometimes AccuRadio.
    Occasionally ITuner. No news radio, there is no good news that makes headlines