Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vehicles "For Sale" in the HAMB, cut off date...

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Brians53vicky, Oct 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brians53vicky

Brians53vicky
    from Monroe, MI

Does the cut off date that determines if vehicles are able to be advertised in the HAMB ever change with the passage of time ?

I'm surprised its as far back as it is; 1964. I'd think a car/truck that was built in 1967 for example, being over 50 years old would be old enough to qualify...or if the cut off date doesn't change periodically is this question worth debating ? On a related note, Mustangs & maybe some other models could still be excluded as I agree there are plenty of other sites for them.

This is a great site, not complaining here, just wondering.

Thanks-

2. The cut-off date hasn't changed since the HAMB began.

F&J and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

I can’t think of a single advantage to be gained by changing the cut-off date.

X38, F&J and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. ....................................NOPE.

F&J likes this.

5. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I suspect that this is not true.

I suspect that this is not true either.

6. .........................At almost 68, I guess I'm one of your so-called "old heads". I personally love GTO's and 442's, but that doesn't mean they belong here.

kyotb8, Just Gary, wraymen and 7 others like this.
  7. slowmotion

slowmotion

'65 & older, it is what it is. Open the gates and it'll be flooded with stuff not related to what this forum was purposely built for, which is '65 & older.
    There, I fixed it for ya....

kyotb8, X38, wraymen and 4 others like this.
  8. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There may be a lot of truth in the statement but there is a lot of us "old Heads" who loved the muscle cars as well. I was born in the 50's grew up loving old hot rods and customs and when the factories finally figured that out in the 60's it was great. You could walk into a dealer and buy a rocket ship if you wanted and had the means. Hell my first car was a 1965 Mustang which was 6 years old when I bought it. The fact is there are plenty of other sites for that stuff. This one is and has been about pre 64 cars.

9. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

and this is how '57 Chevies wound up in the "Pre -48 only" NSRA. the only exception is vehicles STYLED before '64 but carried across that date. C10 pickups being a prime example.

10. williebill

williebill

I always check the post count and date of joining of the OP whenever I see posts like this.
    I expect a low count, and a join date of yesterday.
    To the OP, do you read the HAMB, or just look at the pretty pictures?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. MoparTobi

MoparTobi
    from Macon, Ga

What confuses me is the fact that we can post about cars 1965 and older, but can't list a car for sale that is 1965. The rules say 1964 and older unless the same exact body style. I went to list my 1965 Coronet 2dr sedan and then read the rules to find that I can't.

12. Just my two cents. This site is what it is and should not be changed. Period. It was designed , as often said, to spread the gospel of the traditional builds, and I admire Ryan for keeping it that way.
    With that said, I'm with most of the guys above in that my interests expand beyond the '65 limit(or is it pre-65?), (although not into muscle cars). I also think most of the guys here are into OT modifications/builds to varying degrees. So why are we here?? It's the membership. Often mentioned is the fact that there are other sites for other types of builds, but nowhere will you find the varied knowledge, skills, experience so freely shared here on the HAMB.
    Intentional or not, Ryan has assembled a gathering not to be matched anywhere. We know the answers to the questions we can't ask are here on the HAMB, and that's why we're so often reading questions like the OP posted, why moderators are constantly deleting, etc. I believe there is a "solution", should Ryan have the interest, and that's to start another forum as an offshoot of this one. I would think there would be posibilities of major financial gains solely based on the reputation of the Hamb.

kyotb8 and Just Gary like this.
  13. I don't understand the confusion some of the people here have about what this site is really about. OK, how's this, you subscribe to girly magazines because you like girls and because of the current "identity situations", all of a sudden there are nekid men in your favorite pages. Kinda the same thing as here, the rules are in place for a reason, just sayin. Mitch.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    flatheadpete and TagMan like this.
  14. Whats so confusing??? Did you read the rules here before joining?? Maybe your Coronet could be listed on a Trade-a-Plane ad.,,,,,,,.Same difference as I see it..

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I come here because my deep interest in the era Ryan established. The people , knowledge and the technical. As others have stated, we may like other years but this is our vested interest . Why muddy the waters. There are plenty of o/t sites.

16. Pretty true for everyone here .... much appreciation for many things .... but this place is hot rod, custom and thereabouts from 1964 build dating .... but alas' I own a deer strike A pillar 1965 GTO ... that will never be seen on my favorite site. Oh well .... I'll underarm squeeze some fart noise ... sip my coffee or beer ... and revel always in all the great sh#t found right here ... on the HAMB-a'roni. :) Pbbbt ! Ferrrrt' ! Yeeeeeha!

17. pumpman

pumpman

It is what it is, what's it been, the HAMB and still going to be. Pretty clear to me.

Just Gary likes this.
  18. MoparTobi

MoparTobi
    from Macon, Ga

I have read the rules, understood the rules plain and clear. It's no problem there are plenty of other sites to list it on that will sell it. I just didn't understand the one year discrepancy in what we can post about and then list for sale. Like I said it's not a problem!

19. Terrible80

Terrible80

I don't have a current up and running HAMB friendly build. I enjoy the shit outta the forum. If everybody was allowed 1 off topic ride to be included it would be a clusterfuck. Ryan's house his rules, just like visiting a friend --------I respect their rules even if I don't always agree with them.

20. Don't like what's on the shelf here, shop somewhere else. Simple.

21. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

It is what it is and if it is not what you want to see move on as there plenty of other sites that cater to just about every venue. I happen to enjoy this one better that most others but I also like anything with wheels, maybe there is a site for wheelbarrows. It's Ryans' site, he does the hard lifting. It's really not broke so there is no reason to fix it. Thanks!

22. adam401

adam401

I thought they stopped building cars before WW2 so I'm also confused. What are these new cars you guys are talking about? I bet they're super weird.

23. ..............Guess that's all a matter of perspective.:rolleyes:

X38 and wraymen like this.
  24. upspirate

upspirate

https://www.lawnsite.com/threads/lets-talk-wheelbarrows.448889/

25. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

The HAMB ain't broke, so don't try and fix it!

26. (1860s ?)Most of the people on here were born before electricity.;) They lived through it all and are a wealth of information......and me being the kid in most of the meet ups ain't a bad thing either.:)

27. The thing you have to remember is the hamb is not a democracy, I stop short of calling it a dictatorship but in essence Ryan Cochran is the head honcho of the Hamb and since he is the designer & creator it is pretty much the way he wants it.

IMPO at this time I don't know how it could be improved but if any changes are made you can bet Ryan thought long and hard about them before pulling the trigger.HRP

31hotrodguy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  28. Brians53vicky

Brians53vicky
    from Monroe, MI

Thanks for everyone's replies...with the exception of "Williebill" - apparently you didn't check my join date as you wrote you always do. Only because you're so interested, I joined 6 years ago this month. I just never looked to list a newer than '64 car for sale here prior to yesterday. Again, as I wrote initially, this is a great site and bringing this up is simply asking a question, not filing a complaint.

wraymen, GordonC and Texas57 like this.
  29. I think the cut off date is to eliminate the dreaded "Muscle Car/ Pony Car".
    Traditional means hand built not factory built.

30. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Notice guys saying there are all kinds of other sites for 65 and later, I’ve never saw any that compares to here even remotely, I would like to know about them if there are any

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.