Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features So what's on the shop radio?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostone, Oct 21, 2018.

1. 1pickup

1pickup

@lostone If you are still listening to that crappy 80's music, you need some serious schooling. Tears For Fears, Soft Cell, & The Human League were terrible then & worse now. Try looking up Dale Watson, Hank III, & Junior Brown.

6-bangertim and Ranchero59 like this.
  2. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Lol! I do like the off beat stuff.

F&J I've got to get to your house one day just to watch you grooving to the heavy metal!!

It's a lot more diverse than I expected across the spectrum and a lot of modern technology, hell I was expecting maybe reel to reel and at least an 8 track or 2 !

;)

3. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

My local old school AM station went off the air at the end of May, so I kind of wander between a Salt Lake '80's station and some '70's stuff I have on my phone. Talk Radio strictly verboten.

4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I own what may be the greatest cassette tape player of all time. A 5 cassette carousel. I have it plumbed through my 7 channel surround sound garage system, and I have led zep 1,2,3,4 and Eric Johnson ( white cliffs of Dover) in there currently. Sweet!!!

Chavezk21 and Max Gearhead like this.
  5. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

BONAMASSA man BONAMASSA!!!!!!!!!!!

6. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

LOVE the old time country but to be honest most of the time I'm really not even listening just concentrating on what I'm doing so that means less mistakes I think.

dan griffin likes this.
  7. Koz

Koz

Tunes are everything in here! I listen to rather WVLT Vineland NJ or the Belmonts out of NY city on a net connection. No static or anything but super quality, (better than CD!), on a split system with Bose in the office and Magnaplaners on the shop floor driven by two 1000W Phase Linear amps and an ancient Burning tube preamp. When they are kickin' some jump blues the whole neighborhood knows it.

8. bobscogin

bobscogin

accuradio.com streamed on my computer. 50's, 60's, surf, Beach boys, and some blues depending on my mood.

Bob

9. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Pandora, R.L. Burnside, Jr. Kimbrough, Justin Johnson, Tito an tarantula, link Wray, dick Dale, Slave to the square wave, los straight jackets...etc

Stogy likes this.
  10. F&J

F&J

My roof deck/spiral staircase is just about finished except paint...I hope next summer to have some live music up there too.
    DSCN1914.JPG

I don't play, never tried, but my neighbor was punk as a teen, then was a hard core heavy metalhead...he is getting good at his new guitar hobby....Country Music this time ..
    DSCN1477.JPG DSCN1478.JPG

We have two colleges, but I've not seen any punk or metal girls to invite over:oops:...yet..;).

But... My 32 was video'd by Students in September for a Country Music vid... I haven't heard back from them yet... for a link to when it's uploaded to YT.
    DSCN1528.JPG DSCN1529.JPG

11. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

DooWop off the internet..

Ranchero59 likes this.
  12. Budget36

Budget36

Couple of empties on mine

13. I'll stick with traditional '50s- '60s Bluegrass...gets my 77 year old blood flowin....
    Pandora has some great channels for it....bluetooth thru my phone to my tuner

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    dan griffin likes this.
  14. gene-koning

gene-koning

OK, So I'm going to be the weird guy. The radio is mostly background music in my shop, but the radio is tuned to a modern Christian music station. Some days, I need all the uplifting things I can hear, to overcome some of the things that are not uplifting. Gene

15. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I guess I need to upgrade my combo cassette---radio unit. A local radio station that plays country music. They also have the Classifieds, obituaries and to see who got picked up the night before.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  16. Deuces

Deuces

For me, it's anything from doo-wop through the
    late '70s classic rock....

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  17. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I’ve got a flea market all in one unit, radio, cassette, CD player. Seldom turn it on anymore, but when I do it’s classic rock. Got a couple of decent stations, one in Birmingham, one in Columbus MS, switch between the two to see who’s playing the best stuff that day. Never tried the CD or cassette, don’t own any of either.

18. I lean toward the hard rock stuff but I think the 80s is my favorite era for music. I do end up turning the channel a lot when they start to play some ballad or some namby pamby pop music. A lot of the new stuff isn't really music, is it? Mostly just talking and trying to rhyme with some guy making spit noises in the background.

19. magnus13

magnus13
    from California

I'm in so cal but can't pick up any decent stations where I live. So I stream some good ol American country radio from all over the US.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6-bangertim likes this.
  20. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

Shop radio is on 24/7. Station plays 60's, 70's, & 80's ROCK & ROLL! LOUD !

21. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

When Dad has control of Radio it's Beach boys Radio or Chuck Berry Radio on Pandora. Me or the younger guys it's Breaking Benjamin Radio or Bullet for my Valentine Radio on Pandora. I despise 80's Rock AC/DC and the like, our engine shop foreman likes it and country so sadly he gets his way every so often.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

If I'm Alone it's tuned into CRTV and I'm listening to Louder with Crowder, Gavin Mcinnes, or Mark Levin.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

Classic rock,50s,lots of blues, Joe Bonamassa,Stevie Ray. Stuff like that. Depends on the mood and what I'am working on.

24. No radio in my shop.... Used to have one, but I like Hard/Acid/Blues rock and when turned up enough to hear over whatever racket I'm making, I get to rockin'... then decide to smoke one, and well, that's it for the day... LOL o_O

Nothing more fun than a good rockin' live album turned up to warp speed!

25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Clash, Dire Straits, Led Zeppelin, Love & Rockets, Sex Pistols, The Doors, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Bryds, Johnny Cash, Bauhaus, David Bowie, Beatles, Rolling Stones, The White Stripes, The Pouges, Gary Numan, The Animals, Link Wray, and other Elevator Music...:D

26. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Funny I have two radios in the garage and have not turned them on in 3 years. I can drive and just kick back and listen to my own thoughts.

27. Roger Sundfors

Roger Sundfors
    from Sweden

28. If any of y'all have the Spotify app please tune in to my playlist know as, "American Graffiti on the radio". I have spent over 4 years collecting tunes in my interpretation of our HAMB style. I compiled the list based on this group even before joining! It has over 850 songs. Rockabilly, Doo-wop, and Soul. It is almost exclusively 1955 to 1969. It is a garage and car show favorite.

https://open.spotify.com/user/cureforsale/playlist/77jtwuDU1p26datFI3C3KB?si=Mim62rf8S8mDgDLoZju2KA

Please let me know what you think!

Nick

images-of-record-covers.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  29. bct

bct

30. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

More Cowbell...:D

Cowpunk...ahh

@bct was it you that posted that vintage film with all the old cars and a couple of Hotrods with that moody cool song sung by a woman?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    chryslerfan55 and dan31 like this.