Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Who Else Gets To Drive Your Car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TFoch, Oct 20, 2018.

1. oldsman41

oldsman41

The wife loves driving the 51 merc she likes the sound of the flatty with straight pipes.

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I've had my 61 Dodge since 1987 and nobody has ever driven it under it's own power but me since then. my good buddy Jim drove it once when the motor broke while I drove my Cadillac towing it with a rope. that's it.

chryslerfan55 and TFoch like this.
  3. @jim snow My daughter was still talking about it today with a big smile. Definitely made her day!

4. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I must be "stupid" because I would love the chance to drive Almost Funny! :D:D:D

raven, Clay Belt and TFoch like this.
  5. I let my cousin drive one of my cars once..... We're family and all, and he had the same car as I did ( a 66 model), anyways, he pegs the converter, and lay's snake's for 50 yards or so, winds the crap out of it.......He come's back laughing, and I'm saying WTF are you doing? LOL! it was all good, as I got to see MY car do it's thing.....
    I let a girlfriend drive one once..... Banged/chirped second gear all the time..... approaching a stop light, she panics, and skids to the crosswalk...... Cop in the other lane is laughing his ass off......
    Trusted another girlfriend- she was ok and scared shitless by the noise/shake/power....We hit a lil bump in the road, she stopped in the middle and got out. What's wrong I say? Reply= Your F'N crazy to drive this!
    S0- I'm the only pilot of my rides now.

6. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I finished this roadster in '98, and sold it in '06. During that time, I let more than 50 people drive it, at least 5 of them raced it on dirt, and 10 of them decided to have me build them one. It never failed to put a smile on their faces. The current owners are sharing it with the young ones. 2012-12-14 091416.jpg Lon and me.jpg

7. So far, no one. But no one has asked.

If you can handle a three-on-the-tree, take it for a spin!

chryslerfan55, Stogy, F&J and 2 others like this.
  8. robracer1

robracer1

Everyone is afraid to drive mine and that's ok with me or maybe they know something I don't.
    hummmm that could be scary?

Stogy and TFoch like this.
  9. No one has ever asked to climb into the coupes driver seat.:eek::)

Ron Funkhouser, Stogy and TFoch like this.
  10. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

My Son and his Wife, my friends, my customers. This was built to drive and enjoy.

DSC_0806.jpeg

11. Gman0046

Gman0046

My Grandson.

12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's a funny question around here because a big part of this hobby, passion is getting in and getting on it and driving these contraptions with all the quirkiness.

Since a wee tyke I have hopped on rolling things and figured out how to make it go whatever it was and that is no different today. I really like most of you enjoy hopping into stuff and turning the key and going whatever it is...its part of the fun...Standard or Auto...mind you as referred to many old vehicles aren't just a key, shift, and gas pedal...some are like a full time job...:D

13. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Back when I still owned cars that ran anybody could drive any of my cars.
    Right after they bought it.

14. My wife, my life long friend who had a big part in working on it with me over the years..... and the inspection guy. :D

15. Wife and daughter both drove the '26...
    1926Ford004-1.jpg
    I offered to let my nephew drive the banger but he declined. By the smile on his face, I would say that he was enjoying the ride...
    StrayKat 500 2018 (2).jpg

Wife, daughter, grand kids and nephew would be welcome to drive this...
    2.jpg

16. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

17. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

The kid at PJ's auto repair that does the state inspections :(

18. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

My daughter. Oh wait she has to wait a bit longer!!!!!;) IMG_3028.JPG

19. My wife will drive anything but the 1929 A:cool:. She doesn't really understand how to manipulate the spark advance and fuel levers and doesn't care to learn as long as I drive it.

Ron Funkhouser, TFoch and Stogy like this.
  20. The37Kid

The37Kid

IMG_5152.JPG If you can stand on the pedal and steer you can drive a Model T Ford, my Grandson did that when he was four years old.:) Bob

21. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anyone who wants to.
    I make it a point to....you want the youngsters to carry the torch?
    Let them drive it. P1000278.JPG
    Here are folks driving it in the rain at the dirt drags.....

Sent from my XT1254 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

ct1932ford, j3harleys, clem and 5 others like this.
  22. F&J

F&J

x2

....and children seem very attracted to mine, and some you can tell that they want to sit in it ...

DSCN0762.JPG

23. my dad and George Kaplin.

24. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

294DC956-7D91-4AD6-80B8-5CC92C513971.jpeg
    Just went on a 4 day rod run with our 3 cars and I think we had 6 different drivers. I enjoy letting others experience driving our hot rods and sharing the fun , some do it with a little trepidation when they think what they are worth. And the history they all have. But I say its just a car and If you want to drive it by all means do so.
    Who knows we may just spark a new flame.

25. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

That's not a very good excuse :D [and it is H.A.M.B traditional also]

shaggy dog.jpg

26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's good Snoopin...:D...out Cruisin looking for Daisies....Arroooo...Doggie​

27. I let my brother, who raced a modified MGB in VARA races, drive my roadster. It scared him, a little. I probably wouldn't let many others drive it. It goes, corners and stops pretty well, but it's scary quick.
    I'll lend my El Camino out, to friends who will respect it. They do have to be able to row a 4 speed.

TFoch and Stogy like this.
  28. Whale let Beth - my junior high sweat heart - after she asked awhile get behind the wheel of my RM21J and after the movie that night - back in the 80's - it didn't end well at less than 5 mph...not much after that even at the valets.

TFoch likes this.
  29. I let my youngest daughter learn some skills in the truck, got the dance of 4spd no syncro sorted out , then she bought a car with auto trans , LOL .

Clay Belt and TFoch like this.