Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Beware of Last Refuge 1932 - 1934 Ford Bed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34 ford pick-up, Oct 20, 2018.

1. 34 ford pick-up

34 ford pick-up
    from california

20181019_175035.jpg 20181019_174844.jpg 20181019_174815.jpg 20181019_174801.jpg 20181020_152258.jpg 20181019_175035.jpg 20181019_174844.jpg 20181019_174815.jpg 20181019_174801.jpg 20181020_152258.jpg View attachment 4069901 View attachment 4069902 View attachment 4069903 View attachment 4069904 View attachment 4069905 View attachment 4069901 View attachment 4069902 View attachment 4069903 View attachment 4069904 View attachment 4069905 View attachment 4069901 View attachment 4069902 View attachment 4069903 View attachment 4069904 View attachment 4069905 Well, I know this has been discussed on here before ... BUT, after reading that many people had a good experience with his product And that he was getting better with customer service ..... I decided I would probably be safe ordering a 1934 Ford Bed from him .... WRONG !!!

First .... I bought the bed on ebay and actually won the auction for 275 .... with the 240 shipping I thought I did pretty good getting a bed shipped to my door for 515 ..... WRONG AGAIN !!!

I never heard from him at all, so the week it was supposed to be delivered I called ol Norbert up. He proceeded to tell me that since I won the auction so cheap that he decided he would not be shipping it but rather will drop it off at my house on the way to Bakersfield in about 2 weeks. I wasn't thrilled so I told him I already paid 240 for it to be shipped .... he then tried to give me a refund ... ( in which now looking back I should have jumped at ) ... but I said no, its o.k ... I'll wait a couple more weeks don't worry about it. I wanted to be accommodating and If dropping it off helped put more cash in his pocket then no problem ... I'm not a jerk.

Well, I was at work when he dropped it off at my house so I wasn't there to inspect it upon delivery. Needless to say I was appalled at what I saw when I got home. I immediately sent him a picture and asked if he saw the Beads in which he replied " I did not see that" . ... Well it wasn't boxed up or nothing so I don't see how he didn't, For all I know he may be the one behind the bead roller rolling out this crap !

To his credit He did say he would come back by the following Monday in his way back home and pick up the bad panels and send me new ones. But I knew I was in trouble when he replied back " its not a perfect technique , but I can try to get it better". Then that's what he should say on his website and ebay auctions.

Any way ... If I can Help some of you avoid a Huge waste of time and money then its worth it. Hope you all enjoy the pictures of my 515 dollar pile of S@#$ Metal

*** BUYER BEWARE ***

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2018
    loudbang likes this.
  2. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

That's insane. When I do work for someone, I try to look at it as if I were the one paying for it. "Would I pay X amount for this item or workmanship?" I price accordingly. The pics you posted are for sure not to an acceptable standard for bead rolling.

loudbang and CudaChick1968 like this.
  3. That looks like the one I saw posted here a couple of years ago, the product has never been perfect and for the price he sells them for quality control is not a high priority. HRP

4. Budget36

Budget36

Is that the guy in Colorado?

Peter Berghs likes this.

5. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I paid over 1500 for a new bed for my 37 Chevy p/u close to 30 years ago and would have been willing to have made repairs to get one that cheap,not trying to be a A hole but you get what you pay for.

6. drinking and bead rolling don't mix.

LBCD, King ford, Rich S. and 8 others like this.
  7. 34 ford pick-up

34 ford pick-up
    from california

yep, its the guy in Colorado ... Dolores I believe.

loudbang likes this.
  8. 34 ford pick-up

34 ford pick-up
    from california

I understand you get what you pay for , he normally sells them for 750 .... but how was I supposed to know it would be this Freakin Terrible ? ... I wasn't looking for a Perfect reproduction bed ! ... just one I could run on my daily driver ... *** I can't run this one ***

loudbang likes this.
  9. you can fix that with a hammer and dolly, it will still be worth the discount.

Kan Kustom, Blue One and Fordor Ron like this.
  10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

That's some s#/t, doesn't even pass for a factory second!

Stogy likes this.
  11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

That is some rough bead roller work or what ever it can be called but you got it cheap enough so time to get to work,I would rather deal with that instead of a bunch of rust.

12. 34 ford pick-up

34 ford pick-up
    from california

I know I can Hammer and Dolly the corners a bit ... but notice how one side of the bead has a crisp edge while the other side almost tapers off and fades into the bed .... Not sure I want to try and redefine 30 feet of bead roll edge .... there comes a point when it just ain't worth the time .... I'm looking to order a set of bed sides right now from Mac's ... appears that they are Stamped and of High Quality ... and I can't find any negative reviews ( so far anyway ).

loudbang likes this.
  13. clem

clem

True,
    but you shouldn’t have to after paying for a service or goods.
    Not quite sure why he would sell them at $275, if normal retail is $750. Did he advertise it as a poor “second” ?

14. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Was this a complete bed or just sides.

15. 34 ford pick-up

34 ford pick-up
    from california

no, it was on ebay auction with no reserve ... I just happened to be the highest bidder ... I put a much higher max bid , but I won it at 275 because no one else bid above that

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  16. 34 ford pick-up

34 ford pick-up
    from california

he never listed it as a second or damaged ... If anyone is curios , you can go on ebay and type in 1934 ford bed and then go to sold listings and you will see the auction I won , its exactly the same as the other one he has on there right now for 750 ... its just that he didn't put a "buy it now" or a "reserve price" so in those cases the highest bidder wins.

17. 34 ford pick-up

34 ford pick-up
    from california

complete bed .... the same one he sells all day long on his website and ebay.

18. manyolcars

manyolcars

I called him years ago and he admitted his bed is not a duplicate of the original so I didnt want it

loudbang likes this.
  19. 34 ford pick-up

34 ford pick-up
    from california

20. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am not familiar with those years of Ford beds but it looks like it does not come with a floor,tailgate or any of the crossmembers that go under it if equipped,the bed I got for my 37 was complete down to the wood in the floor and all I had to do was bolt it on and drill holes for the fenders. I ordered it assembled.

loudbang likes this.
  21. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

My bet is that because you "won" the bed at such a cheap price, he selectively reached way back in the corner of the shop (next to the scrap pile) and issued you the crappiest one he had in stock. I'd call it a third (scrap) not even a blem second. Are the photos of the ebay ad you bid on detailed enough to prove that the one pictured in the auction you won is NOT the bed he delivered? If so, reach out to ebay/Paypal and raise hell. Lastly, blow him up on ebay feedback.
    It was his mistake listing it w/o a reserve. Then he tries to salvage the sale by offering a refund, deliver it, do a switcheroo.

I can't believe that we continue to see HAMBers continue to patronize shady part vendors after many many years of stern warnings from fellow HAMBers. Last Refuge, Patrick's, Jamco, Howell's, Bumper Boys...

Stogy, 46Chief, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  22. 34 ford pick-up

34 ford pick-up
    from california

Yeah, the only reason I went ahead with bidding on the bed was because I thought he cleaned up his act, he has a 100 percent positive rating on ebay and some of the fellow hambers here said they had a positive experience buying from him and his product was good , if people think this kind of craftsmanship is Good then we are done as a Country ..... I think your right though , probably some reject panels off in the corner just waiting for someone to pawn them off on.... It's just Bad Business on his part, However I think I'm the 1st to post pictures of his bad work , at least I haven't come across any one else's postings of bad bead rolls. If I had I definitely would Not have Bid on his product.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  23. That's Brutal

24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think that image is a 3d Model...they are always perfect...

@34 ford pick-up...I hope you somehow get your money back.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    Rich S. and loudbang like this.
  25. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Since you won it for cheaper than retail I bet he gave you the worst of the o es he had ready. Probably thought you wouldn't mind. Doesn't matter , you have the right to expect an usable product if no description states any defects.

loudbang, CudaChick1968 and Stogy like this.
  26. Must have been a hot day at the "factory" :rolleyes: .

Can,t imagine how he could have 100% feedback. His older ebay profile o_O had terrible feedback.
    Years ago Norbert told me that his factory was big enough to dragrace cars inside. Guess there must be a real big stack of blems by now, all shapes and sizes.

loudbang likes this.
  27. kasselyn29

kasselyn29

I would say he did what he said dropped them off ect. You were looking for a deal on coach worked panels I geuss, not going to happen. Go out and work on them for a couple of hours, make an effort instead of complaining. Its only sheet metal.

28. doyoulikesleds

doyoulikesleds

The reason he still has good feadback is a seller can cancel the order and you cannot leave feedback

loudbang likes this.
  29. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Well, here's your chance to leave less than 100% feedback! I agree with Stogy, in that his catalog/ebay image is a 3D rendering. Too bad you can't upload a photo of your actual bedside to the ebay feedback.

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  30. 34 ford pick-up

34 ford pick-up
    from california

That's interesting !!! only thing I was trying to do here was save other's from having a bad experience like I just did .... Yet you say " make an effort instead of complaining" ... Then why in Aug did you reply to the Discussion Heads up on Anthony Pedrick and say : " imagine how many people get scammed and don't say anything" ... so which is it ? Speak up and warn others ... or quit complaining and Deal with it ???

kasselyn29, Aug 3, 2018

Stogy, loudbang, lumpy 63 and 7 others like this.