Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Sorry...............Ford, Chev, Mopar person?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I have always considered myself to be a Chevy guy, but I have owned Ford and Mopar as well as GM's. I always pick Chevy when I want performance at a price I can afford!

robracer1 likes this.
  2. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

I've got a '69 Plymouth, '58 Apache and a '14 F150, so yea...

3. Joatha

Joatha

I do like them all. They are all cool to me. My first car was a 67 Impala and I got to know the Chevy stuff pretty well. But, my next purchase was a 68 Barracuda convertible that I really fell in love with. So, I started down the Mopar path. On top of that, I had several friends that were Chevy types and I realized as we ventured in to junkyards that I was better off going after Mopar parts - less competition for the cool stuff! So, I really got in to Mopar. Still love other brands (be it Ford or GM) but I know Mopar best and that's largely what's in my collection. The exception is my 1930 Ford Model A Sport Coupe but even it will be Hemi-powered. I've got an A833 Mopar 4 speed for it and a Mopar 8.75" rear as well. So, it will be Mopar-powered.

4. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I grew up in Ford's, got away from them after I got married. Owned several Chevy's and Pontiacs, and a Buick, only ones I got any service out of had either a small block or big block Chevy in them, with the exception of a 400 Pontiac I had that was good. The small GM stuff, 4's and V6's turned me against GM, had nothing but trouble out of them. Went back to a Ford with a F150 and never looked back at GM again, although I have strayed into Mopar territory with a couple of mini vans, a PT cruiser {a piece of crap}, and a Chrysler Lazer sports car. My Lincoln had a 350 Chevy in it when I got it, only real reason I took it out was the transmission went out and I had to pull the unit, couldn't just take out the trans due to the crossmember. When I got it out, I decided to try a 302 AOD combo I had sitting just for size, ending up doing the changeover.
    Oh, my wife has had two C4 Corvettes and has a 88 Firebird Formula 350 right now. They were [are] hers, I only got to drive them every once in a while and had to work on them!

5. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Learned to drive in a Ford, first car was a Plymouth. Since then, Chevy, Dodge, Corvair, Fiat, Toyota, Buick, Ford, Pontiac, Plymouth. They all had their pluses/minuses. All got me from "Point A to Point B", and back again. All good!!
    :D

6. 34Larry

34Larry

:eek:Ahhhhhhhh, I don't think I'd a said that, (about one type of lady I mean).

7. I pretty much like them all, the Fords find me.

8. Definitely a mopar guy. All I’ve ever driven. Have a bunch sitting in the yard now.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Perry Hvegholm likes this.
  9. Flogknaw

Flogknaw
    from Texas

I don’t really have much input since being born in 1999, but I was born into a ford family and every other day we’d have issues with one of our ford vehicles, so I really don’t like ford, but the older fords are nice, being a GM and dodge man now it just makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

j hansen likes this.
  10. Studes were first for me although there were plenty of mopars and Studes around....had Stude's got a mopar and another mopar to even out the Studes....then went crazy like my friends and got into SS Chevies.....back to mopars strong for years with my Studes....and Ford's and Ford's.....and now a few Chevies....with my Mopars - Studes - Ford's...gotta luv em'..........

11. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

I consider myself primarily a Chevrolet man, but I like all cars, even many imports. However, both my wife and I drive Fords as our dailys. New or old, I always look at Chevrolets first.

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am brand-loyal to whomever is providing the sponsorship, which in this case, is nobody.

Favoring brands is a form of false tribalism, or othering. It creates false divisions between people, where there should be none.

Ned Ludd likes this.
  13. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Love'm all,had most of them! But you got to know ,that if I'm hearing a super diehard one brand guy going after some other brand lover that dosen't have the comeback skills=well I'll jump in on the guys side that needs help ..............LOL Part of the fun

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bought a 51 Merc in high school that I kept for 32 years, Drove a Metropolitan ragtop the last year of High school and drove a 55 Buick during trade school. my only New car was a 69 Olds Cutlass S that I special ordered when I was in Vietnam in 1968 It probably had the shortest option list of any special order car that Williams and Swanson in Renton Wa ever sold with a list of 4 items. 310 hp 350R M21 Muncie, 3.42Posi and am-fm multiplex radio. Had a 59 Elkie, 67 C10, 69 Baracuda fast back 55 Ford 4 door , my 48, Buick Electra, Freaking 72 Pinto, 63 Impala ragtop, 69 Chrysler New yorker. a Batch of different Cadillacs, 71 GMC several boxes with wheels, BMW.

Hamb Car wise the 51 Merc, the 48 Chev Pickup, 23 T bucket, the 31 Vic if you can call it a car right now, the boat tail roadster that will be the first of the current ones on the road.
    Obviously even though Chev is in my handle I have played with a bit of everything and the list only includes rigs that I put at least 10K on.

15. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

When I was growing up in the 50's and 60's most people I knew were pretty loyal to one brand of car. My Dad was a Buick guy to the core which explains my passion for Buicks. I had uncles and cousins that were Pontiac, Chevy and Olds guys and even an uncle by marriage that had Cadillacs. Some relatives and neighbors even had Fords, the only Mopars I ever saw were some kin folk of my Grandma's but we didn't see much of them. Over the years I have owned a bunch of GM cars and trucks but always had a Buick as a DD. I even had a few old Fords but not for too long. The only Nopars I ever had were derby cars, not because they were so tuff, because back in the 60's and 70's I could buy them so cheap. ;) The new cars IMHO are use up and junk, I guess that's why we like the old ones!:D

16. LWEL9226

LWEL9226
    from So. Oregon

Been mostly Ford all my life but with a few GM's mixed in... Had a 55' Old's and several Chevys...
    Had a 67 Dodge Dart with a 318 with engine problems....
    Dealer screwed me (twice) on warranty issues. Have not owned another Mopar and not likely
    that I will ever own another Mopar....

LW

17. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I have had Ford's Mach 1, the '27 T at present, V8 Vega basically, Duster, Challenger,GMs of different flavors but I am a Mopar fan. Miss my Challenger the most of any of them.:(

18. Anything other than GM! Not that I think GMs are bad, but it seems everyone else does GM, and I ain't on earth to be the same as everyone else.

low down A likes this.
  19. Primarily Pontiac, Chevy trucks these days. Soft spots for Olds, Buick, and independents.

20. 62rebel

62rebel

Born and raised Ford guy, but I like anything with four wheels or sometimes more. Don't understand the guys who have to piss on everything but THEIR car. Small peckers, I reckon.

21. LongLiveFlathead6

LongLiveFlathead6

Anything American... where ever the deal is... if it looks good and has potential I don't care who makes it as long as it came from Detroit!

Sent from my SM-G928V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dearborn no good?

j hansen likes this.
  23. Terrible80

Terrible80

Started out a Chevy man, then owned Oldsmobiles, now Mopar/Ford.

24. 1962 dodge lancer

1962 dodge lancer
    from joliet, il

simple said mopar or nocar !!

Perry Hvegholm likes this.
  25. LongLiveFlathead6

LongLiveFlathead6

Sorry... shouldn't have single out detroit... should have said American

Sent from my SM-G928V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. My dad bought Pontiacs when I was a kid...maybe that's why I like 'em. Also my high school buddy, Jim in his 56 Pontiac would always nose my 55 olds out in a drag race.
    I worked as a mechanic for fleets most of my working life and we had Fords, Chevys, IHC and Chrysler products. The fords gave me the most grief by far. I once bought a 66 Lincoln coupe that was beautiful. After 6 months, it' had pretty much unraveled to the point I left it on the street and called the junk man to come get it.
    I always put my wife in a Chrysler product...lately the 300 series AWD cars. They're like an anvil. Can't bust 'em.
    For years I've driven Fords with all GM running gear. My daily driver is a little chevy HHR panel. Bought it new and for 107,000 miles it's been bulletproof
    I think my best pickup was a 79 ford shortbox with full Camaro subframe, Pontiac 400/350 turbo and Olds 12 bolt rear. Only ford moving parts were body hinges/latches.

27. Perry Hvegholm

Perry Hvegholm

"My first car" was actually my mother's Olds Delta 88. Drove the sh#t out of it, but it was never really mine. Other than basic transportation, it did nothing for me.

It was my older brother that hooked me up with my first Mopar...a Plymouth Satellite. Been a Mopar man ever since.