Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 34 Ford coupe nicknamed "Blown Income"

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by GTO_MUSCLE_SS, Nov 23, 2017.

1. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Any updates ???

2. GTO_MUSCLE_SS

GTO_MUSCLE_SS

1934 FORD UPDATE

So here I am sitting at the Stanislaus Sheriffs department in California. Spent the last couple hours talking to a detective and he said they knew very little about it. I gave him a ton of information and pictures and he told me they didn’t know anything about the car leaving Washington. So if Washington said they sent it to California but California doesn’t have the car. Where the hell is it. Anyhow. He told me to talk to a lawyer to be a civil person in the middle to talk to Ron Genasci and try to work something out with him. So a question to everyone. Who knows a lawyer that will take my case. I need someone willing to work with Washington and California and try and get this huge mess figured out. Even the sheriff said nothing adds up and I just want to get the car back or parts. Thanks

Stogy likes this.
  3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a goat rope. Wish I knew someone to refer you to. Hopefully someone on here can help with a referral

4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Sorry your going through this crud. Will be interesting where exactly the car is. Would be nice if it was still in Washington and nothing got moved.

5. GTO_MUSCLE_SS

GTO_MUSCLE_SS

Contacted Washington right after and asked them where it was. The girl who said they shipped it back wasn’t there so I called my other contact and she was going check

Stogy likes this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Belated condolences on the loss of your mother... @GTO_MUSCLE_SS.

I also give support in the way of positive thoughts your way...

This is incredibly hard to stomach especially in light of the fact the law doesn't even have a handle on what's going on...aka where the heck is it? Jeeze...and the info you just posted should nullify the whole process in your favor...

Fingers crossed...

7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Perhaps you have grounds for pain, suffering and costs paid out to fight this farce.

8. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

This whole thing is super fishy. I really hope you get it sorted out. What a gut wrenching experience.

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  9. jimdillon

jimdillon

I can imagine your frustration but you have to quit hoping that things are going to go your way. This is a legal problem and although many people do not have the highest opinions of lawyers in general, you need a lawyer. If someone can suggest a lawyer that is fine but your profile here says NW Washington which does not pin down your area. If you find a firm that specializes in handling disputes with collector automobiles that is fine but they can be pricey.. You may want to ask any lawyer you know personally or through the grape vine as to someone they could suggest.

What I have suggested to others in the past (and I have had positive feedback that my advice has worked, more than once) is that you may have to go to the local courthouse on motion day. It is generally on Friday but you may have to call the local court and ask what day is motion day. Generally in courts of general jurisdiction (Circuit or Superior Court) they have a day set aside where many attorneys have motions set and argue them before the court. If you cannot pick a judge then pick the chief judge's courtroom and there will be some good attorneys arguing. It does not take a rocket scientist after listening to boring attorneys as to which are well prepared and seem to be better than the rest. Not that long ago, I was in court on motion day myself and saw a couple of young attorneys that I felt were a cut above-IMO they are not hard to spot. Dress in decent slacks and shirt, not jeans etc and after you find an attorney that seems to be aggressive and prepared, approach him or her as he or she leaves the court room and ask him or her if you can have a moment of their time. Ask them if they can help or suggest an attorney that will help.

You have to start being more proactive. The car may be sitting in an impound yard and the next thing you will find out is you owe money for all of the storage. As I said this is a legal problem and you have to treat it as one. Guys on the HAMB may feel sorry for you but you need to hire an attorney. They can be local and probably that is advisable anyways as the car may not have left the state.

There may be a competing claim by the ex-owner but don't worry about him now until you hire an attorney and establish your claim as the superior claim. If you do not want to go to court and find your own attorney, try calling the local bar association and asking if they can recommend someone. If I was you, I would find one ASAP. Good luck.

XXL__, loudbang, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  10. catdad49

catdad49

GTO, just catching up and I would like to send my condolences in regards to your Mom. Hopefully, you will resolve your other issue, but please take the time to recover from your loss. Prayers and Best Wishes, Carp.

loudbang, Stogy and Retson the Racer like this.
  11. Wow, talk about a crappy situation.
    Hoping that you get your car back!

12. triumph 1

triumph 1

I can’t even wrap my head around what you’re going through. Belated condolences for your loss. I truly hope you get the car back.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

13. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

I believe as others have mentioned that we can't help you. We want to, but we don't know how to. I truly hope you can find the best bull-dog of a lawyer there is to go kick some ass for you. I believe that will be your best, and likely only option.

ON A SIDE NOTE.... I think this is a good example of using GPS trackers on our rods. You can't trust anyone. Period. My modern commuter has a GPS device.... I parked in a parking lot, return to where I parked a few hours later, car is gone... I go ask the business the parking lot is in - no one knows anything. Find a sign with "We will tow your car..." yada yada yada.... call that number - no one knows anything. Finally the light bulb turns on, and I pull out my phone and check the app.... my car is moving.... a few minutes later, it stops and stays there, so I look at that location.... it's some other fly-by-night tow operation "authorized" (they claim) to tow any and all vehicles out of that lot after business hours (of a bar.... that sells alcohol.... apparently it's cool to drive home drunk but not to leave your vehicle overnight and take a cab/Uber instead). ANYWAY, my point is, without that little tracker, I would have never figured out where my car was.... Or I wouldn't have figured it out for quite awhile. Man I was so pissed about that lol.

Please, please, find the best lawyer you can and get your car back. We may not be able to help you, but we're rooting for you. Keep your head in this and don't give up. This is a time where it's ok to call for help because you need the best help you can get ahold of. Your heart and soul is in that car, and your mother's is as well. You will get it back. But you need legal help to do it. Best of luck to you. On another side note, I would hesitate to post information publicly like this as the "other side" likely sees this as well and will know you know stuff and that sort of thing. I would keep all this between you and the lawyer until the car is back safely in your possession. We will be patient. We can wait.

14. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

You need to find the car! I'd get a good lawyer, that stands to reason but the car needs to be tracked down or you may not have any parts left on it.

loudbang likes this.
  15. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If...when I win the lottery tomorrow night I will make this right for you.

Tim_with_a_T, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  16. uncle buck

uncle buck

Sorry to here about your mom. Have you located the car yet? I'm curious how it would be transferred from Washington to California. Somebody had to file paperwork and there should be a paper / email trail

loudbang likes this.
  17. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I know it'd be expensive but what about hiring a private detective to do some snooping.

loudbang likes this.
  18. redzula

redzula

Sounds exactly like the bonded Iowa title I had to get for my '47 all because the last time it was sold and "titled" was in New York before NY had vehicle titles (1972) and prior to that the registration was your title. Good luck man. I've still got 3 pages to catch up so I'm hoping there is more good news for you in there.

19. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

20. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Any updates on this mess?

21. rpm56

rpm56

Well...Stacy Cobb, Washington State Patrol, Vin Officer- Badge x619 certainly has to know where and by whom he authorized the car moved to.

22. Hogman

Hogman
    from Dallas, TX

23. fordaholic

fordaholic

How's this going ?? thinking about this quite a bit ,I'm sure it's hard to talk about, sure hope it's coming together in your favour, good luck !!

loudbang likes this.
  24. GTO_MUSCLE_SS

GTO_MUSCLE_SS

Well guys. Here is a few updates yet again: so most of you know I sent a registered letter to the old owner of the car and I went to a show in California and talked to the sheriffs office about the 34. Spent 6 hours there and got the police report which was pure fraud and bogus. Well when I got back a week later I recieved a letter from them basically saying that the guy wanted to keep the car, he owned it for 40 years and I only had it for 4. Well at the end of the letter a phone number was givin and then the last page was a photo in it of the Modestobee article that it was featured in (also bogus) and under that was the original 1961 title All framed up on the wall. I was screwed. So I called and called. Over 60 times with many messages left. No answer. Finally the day before thanksgiving I use my sisters boyfriends phone with a 206 area code and their number was 209. I got an answer, asked if it was Janet and the girl says no I’m her granddaughter but here she is. So I spoke with her and she told me she wants me to get the car back and help me get all my money back. So sorry and yadda yadda. Well a couple more phone calls and talking to Ron and seeing what he wants to do, offering to bring him a running car back or get all his old parts back. He says he doesn’t want the car torn apart and that it’s not about money, he’s an honest man and he wants me to have the car. He would trade for another car that was done that he could drive. So I began looking and sent him a few on Thursday, and he said he’d call me Friday. Well no call. Then Saturday night I get a text saying he will take $35,000 for the car. So I say Sunday morning I’ll be there in the morning. So Sunday morning dad, sis and I load up and haul ass to Cali getting to his house about 4 am this morning. We waited in the car till he finally came out at almost 9. There we look at the car. He changed the tires around and had the car buffed, whatever. He unfortunately fired the motor up the wrong way and may have messed it up. I’ll find that out later. Then we ask to see the title from the photo and he tells me. “You’re NOT getting that original pink slip” well dad and I both say bullshit out loud. He tells me the Washington state patrol told him he didn’t have to give it and just a bill of sale and I reply that’s what got me in this mess in the first place. Well he says you can can turn around and go home then since other people have offered him more money. But his wife says well if you have cash. So I call the state patrol and she tells him he has to give me the title if I’m getting the car. So that was a $35,000 piece of paper. So we loaded up and hauled ass home getting home at 1:45am Tuesday morning so I could get to work at 5. Now I’m tearing it apart and getting the motor checked out so I can get it back together and ready to cruise

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  25. GTO_MUSCLE_SS

GTO_MUSCLE_SS

26. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

I hope bad stuff happens to those jerks

scott27, loudbang and kiwijeff like this.
  27. Hombre

Hombre

well damn, Man what a journey you went on with this car. I am glad it is finally over for you and at least in the end while pretty damn bad, it is your car now. I for one just hope it stays that way.

loudbang likes this.
  28. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Still doesn't seem right that they can screw you over like that! Hope that things go smooth for you in the future because you deserve some good karma.

loudbang likes this.
  29. belair

belair

You sir, are a class act. I hope what goes around comes around for you and everyone else involved.

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.