Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tip...Cell Phone Hamb

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Stogy, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I do quite a bit of Hamb surfing on the smart phone...Not the Hamb App but the Hamb on the phone through Chrome.

I use the phone vertical most of the time. I have always found a shortcoming was not seeing data like 'Share Post' missing and found lengthy workarounds....well low and behold if I turn the phone sideways that data is there...furthermore when in forums showing threads the missing data when verticals shows when rotated...:confused:...so just a heads up this may help those like me who don't get out much...:D...learn a new thing everyday...;)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Tim likes this.
  2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Stogy, the H.A.M.B. app is so much more user friendly.
    What do you have against using it?

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I thought there were certain things it didn't feature in thread and picture handling and the one I use on the cell through Chrome mimics the desktop version. I do like the Google picture www search feature which works with Hamb content which may actually work on the App as well. Perhaps I will give the App another go.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Petejoe likes this.
  4. What's a smart phone?,the old flip phone I have is so dumb it calls the wrong people. :rolleyes: HRP

Stogy and CudaChick1968 like this.

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

That’s because your ass is too big and you Butt dial.

Stogy likes this.
  6. dodgedifferent2

dodgedifferent2

I am still working with rotary dial and I am under 40 ;-)
    I am still hunting for an 8 track i-pod
    41744447_934629200058654_4636603911145259008_n.jpg

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Guys and Gals just because our Hotrods and Customs must be 65 and older doesn't mean your phone has to be a dinosaur...;)

I like to call them stupid phones especially when I'm using it...:D...again when i rotated it sideways many features showed up that I thought were just not shown on the phone version...
    (note your rotate screen feature must be on)

S8_Black_front.jpg

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thats an upgrade from the shoe version...:D

9. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

You just now figuring this out Stogy?:D
    Here's a tip for you: If the screen is too small, you can get one of those cheap tablets that look like a large phone and link it to your phone via wifi or bluetooth. Or you can step up to something the size of a Ipad, they have their own cellular connection or you can link them to a phone.
    And they both work either direction like your phone.:D

10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a desktop at home with a 28" screen but when I'm out and about it's the cell phone...and it's more than adequate...I still was a bit surprised of this information being just hidden in vertical mode and like I said I developed methods of finding post numbers to share and just plain thought the data was missing due to mobile...:D

11. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Some sites do limit data on their mobile version. AFAIK, HAMB doesn't, it looks the same on a mobile device as it does on a home pc.

Don't feel bad about not knowing......I think they hide stuff just to confuse us! I'm only 59, and have been using a smart phone for several years now, and I still can't cut and paste or upload a pic from it!:eek:

Stogy likes this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Speaking of Tech challenged...I wanted to do a screensave in Vertical and rotated to show the difference but don't know how. Perhaps I can take a pic with the Wife's phone...:confused: