Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Whereabouts of "Fancy Pants" 1965? Riviera??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopdtop, Jun 29, 2009.

1. chopdtop

chopdtop

The Riv was last seen in Denver. Supposedly it was sitting behind a bodyshop on 104th and Federal. Originally the car was white with pink panels, white and pink interior, fender flares and a fake blower. It was built sometime in the mid to late 70's by the Titus brothers.

Before it went to Denver it was in Pueblo and was painted black.

Does anybody know where the car is now and if it's being restored or for sale?
    Does anybody have pictures of the car when it was either white or black? It was in some magazine too, but I don't know when and what magazine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  2. jloktalgst

jloktalgst

I'm not sure if this is it or not, but the link below has a heavily customized pink & white Riv with a blower credited to the Titus brothers.

3. jloktalgst

jloktalgst

4. chopdtop

chopdtop

LOL, just as I was uploading the picture you posted the link. Yeah, that is the car.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009

5. colorado51

colorado51

Hmmm, I am just a few miles from there but have never seen the car.

6. chopdtop

chopdtop

I think this was quite a few years back, something like the late 90's, that it was there.

7. LWolfe

LWolfe

I bought this 63 Riviera from Jerry Titus unfinished. I finished it and campaigned it on Darryl Starbird's Show circuit in the 70's. I traded it for a black 36 Ford chopped sedan from Pueblo Colo. I met the guy in Garden City Kansas, traded cars and titles and I never saw it again. Jerry and I was just talking about this car not long ago and wondered where it ended up or even if it was still around. I had heard it was all black and also heard it had been on fire. I was talking to a guy today from Pueblo and said the car's original white and pink interior is hanging in a garage in Pueblo along with the hood. He said the dummy blower and six 2's were taken off and a different hood was put on. He thinks the car is in Denver now. The picture of the car with the model standing by it was taken in by Darryl and used in his 1979 Show Annual. I would like to see the car again so if anyone has information on it's whereabouts I'd like to know.
    Larry Wolfe

8. chopdtop

chopdtop

Larry, nice hearing from you.

The guy with the interior is a friend of a friend of mine. I guess he took the interior out before it was painted black and put it away.

The friend that heard it was behind a bodyshop has kind of been looking on and off for the car since the 90's. I think the last he heard about the car was that it was behind that bodyshop and nothing else since then.

Strange that nobody knows anything about this cars whereabouts now.

9. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

I saw that car out back of a race shop in Commerce city Colorado two years ago.It could be seen on the west side of the highway next to 88 th av across from the flee market near the tripod conoco gas station.I am sure it was the car.It was flat white at the time.maybe some one there could help you locate it.

10. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

A friend of mine has Jr's upholstery shop near where I saw it last.maybe he knows something about it or who owns the race shop.I will ask him the next time I see him.When I saw it man I was stoked to see it again.I knew it was the same car.

Lone Star Mopar likes this.
  11. LWolfe

LWolfe

I finally got in touch with the guy I traded Fancy Pants to. He thought he knew where the car was. I been chasing it down for the last month. Today I finally got in touch with the guy that was suppose to have the car. Turns out his is a 1970. I asked if his had a full chrome undercarriage and he said it didn't so I guess it's not the car.

12. chopdtop

chopdtop

LOW LID DUDE. Thanks for the info, I'll pass it on to my friend and see what he can come up with.
    LWolfe. If we find anything out I'll let you know too.

13. eddiescustoms

eddiescustoms

Went to commerce city today,talked to Ralph at JR's upholstery ,nice guy and great "car guy " to talk to.He doesn't remember the car ,we snooped all around that whole area and no one remembers the car .So the search continues.

14. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

15. chopdtop

chopdtop

There are a few things that are different on this car than the pictures of Fancy Pants that I can see. But customs get changed and updated all the time so the things that are different could have been changed over the years.

The taillights look to be different sizes,but that's an easy thing to change.

The 1/4 panel vents are different. When it was white it looks to have an actual opening where the stock "vent" indention's are. Stock 1/4 vents could have been patched back in though.

When it was black it appears to have had the rear pan rolled and no bumpers and has chrome strips on the tailing edges of the 1/4 panels. There was no custom surround for the license plate when it was black but that could have been added later. Bumpers could have been added and the chrome strips on the 1/4's could have been removed and filled in.

The chop looks the same and the wheel rear wheel well openings look the same as well. It could be the same car with some changes made to it though. If they changed out the front clip they could very well have modified the rest of it.

I think the only way to really tell would be ask the current owner about the history of his car. And maybe check out some of the areas that changes were made, like the 1/4 vent area and the taillight and trailing edge of the 1/4's.

16. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

May or may not be the same car but here is one I found. the owner does not want to sell right now.<center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  17. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Couple of other differences - Fancy Pants doesn't have vent windows, the gold one does.

Also, the gold car's fender radius is REALLY close to the bodyline, the other one doesn't look quite as close.

Not saying they're different cars, just some things I noticed.

18. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I was talking with Mcphail earlier and he told me that Elden built more than 1 of these early rivieras, looking closer now it may not be the car, but it sure looks like one of eldens builds. guess I jumped to conclusions

19. LWolfe

LWolfe

More pictures including Eldon's 66

Attached Files:

• fp90.jpg
      fp90.jpg
      File size:
      392 KB
      Views:
    • fp7.jpg
      fp7.jpg
      File size:
      287.5 KB
      Views:
    • fp6.jpg
      fp6.jpg
      File size:
      205.9 KB
      Views:
    • fp4.jpg
      fp4.jpg
      File size:
      343.4 KB
      Views:
    • fp3.jpg
      fp3.jpg
      File size:
      252.1 KB
      Views:
    • fp1.jpg
      fp1.jpg
      File size:
      251 KB
      Views:
    • fp2.jpg
      fp2.jpg
      File size:
      383.6 KB
      Views:
  20. LWolfe

LWolfe

I don't think the gold car is Fancy Pants. One thing I noticed was the drip rail on the gold car, Fancy had shaved drip rails.

21. McPhail

McPhail

Hey Larry, I remember seeing pics of a blue? Riviera over at Elden's? was that a previous version of Fancy?.....or did elden build a couple of those? .................I still sometimes think I could just dial Elden and he might answer.......

22. McPhail

McPhail

and I think I might be the tall kid with the ballcap on in one of those pics you posted Larry......do you remember if that was me?

23. 303hotrods

303hotrods

i know this post is super old but my dad owns "fancy pants" he has had since the late 70's-early 80's it is black now no blower. blower was lost in a house fire in new mexico. car is currently in pueblo CO. we were just talking about it today and he was trying to find pictures of fancy pants to show us what it looked like before he picked it up. no real body changes still looks the same just black with no hood and crushed velvet interior.

24. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Oh man! We need pics please!!!

25. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

26. HOLY CRAP! I had heard it was in the Pueblo area....and that it was black....
    Awesome @303hotrods we definitely NEED current photos!

chryslerfan55, OG lil E and Moriarity like this.
  27. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

28. 303hotrods

303hotrods

i asked my dad for pics but hes not to tech savy. plus it is storage right now he is rebuilding the motor. here is the last pic i can find. its from when we made some t-shirts so not the greatest current pic but you get the idea. ill try to get more pics next time i go up to my dads house calz rivi 1.jpeg

stanlow69, chryslerfan55 and Sancho like this.
  29. Thanks for posting what you had. PLEASE get more and post here when you do!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  30. So it got vent windows at some point?

chryslerfan55 and Moriarity like this.