Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods It's getting dangerous out there!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monday afternoon I took Brenda out for her Birthday dinner in the Deuce and just before we reached the restaurant there was a new Challenger pulled out in front of me, I was lucky the young girl in a jeep behind me changed lanes when I slowed down and plowed into the drivers door of the Challenge, I turned in and got out to see if I could help.

The girls lip was busted where she obviously hit the steering wheel but she still had her damn cell phone in her hand, the guy in the Challenger needed a ambulance, he was hurt.

I told the policeman what I saw and as I was getting back in my car the policeman's cruiser was rear ended, with all the lights flashing.

I stayed of the main roads going back home, people are just not paying attention! HRP

2. We have some strict cell phone laws and penalties in WA and OR but we still have lots of people using them while driving anyway.

3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

They still haven't put any real teeth in the laws around here, they need to make some examples out of the offenders, kind of like they did in the old days when they put people in stocks in the town square and threw rotten fruit at them.

4. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Glad you came thru unscathed. Cell phones in cars are dangerous for sure.

5. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

What's a cell phone?

6. It's those damn things those idiots are holding in one hand and looking at while they should be paying attention to the road & driving.

Here in our area we see on the nightly news almost every single night where there has been a single car accident with fatality's and alcohol isn't the cause and all the accidents are not caused by deer. HRP

dirty old man, Deuces, F&J and 3 others like this.
  7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Use to be motorcycles that got run into.

8. Holy cow. Danny, were you in a DD or the deuce?

9. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

Back in the 50's in Omaha Nebraska there were several children that suffocated when they played in old refrigerators with the positive door latch. The city council had real balls so they made it a $10,000 fine (enough to buy FOUR brand new cars) if a refrigerator or ice box with a locking latch was found on your property that wasn't in daily use. Number of children lost since---zero. The cell phone problem could be solved if the nutless bitches would grow a couple.

6inarow, fol, czuch and 15 others like this.
  10. Thats why I'm almost afraid to drive my hot rod, everybody's in a dam hurry !!!!!

11. Whattaya mean, getting dangerous?! The I5 corridor in the Seattle/Tacoma/Everett area has been at that point for years; I avoid it like the plague. The times I have to drive it, I'm always amazed there isn't more wrecks given the stupidity levels I see, and it's been like this for over a decade now.

They really need the raise the penalties for cel phone use to the same levels as a DUI, maybe that'll get 'em off the damn phones.

nunattax, Deuces, Ranchero59 and 5 others like this.
  12. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

1st of the week here in Idiot Flats, a law was passed outlawing hand held ''devices''. This'll work ….

13. All new cars should be fitted with a jamming device that blocks the cell phone usage when the car is in motion.

Cosmo49, Jibs, joeyesmen and 26 others like this.
  14. williebill

williebill

It's only going to get worse. I've been behind police cars that have run off the road while talking on their damn personal phone. Their front seats are full of computer screens, etc., and it's still their little phone that causes problems. It's a 4 mile drive for me to get to work every morning. Without fail, every day I see some dumbass who can't stay in his lane from this shit.

15. HellsBells5

HellsBells5

After riding a Motorcycle for most of my life, I sold it this past Spring. Tired of being a target for lazy, unfocused "drivers".

16. BJR

BJR

HRP you got lucky, crashes all around you and you made it through it all unscathed. I can't believe the cop car got rear ended with his fxxxing lights flashing. Hope that a hole gets a very big fine.

17. MRTS33

MRTS33

In New York you get points on your license and a fine. Still doesn't stop people.

18. Yep, I hear that one. I live in a rural area with crappy cel service, so as long as I stay off the main roads I can still ride reasonably safely, but it's getting harder all the time...

19. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad you're OK, Danny. Freakin' people are doing everything but driving out there...............

20. Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
    from Ohio

Glad to hear that you and your wife didn't get hurt Danny. I drove from Charlotte to Charleston after Autofair this past April and it seemed like I couldn't stay out of everyone's way ! It sure seems like they drive faster and more aggressively down there but I think I might be driving more and more like my Dad too ! Lol

21. I live in a community of about 50,000 and I can't make a trip down town without seeing at least one major infraction, such as people running stop signs.
    I was coming home the other day, and was in the busiest intersection in town with a left turn lane with a designated turn signal. The stupidass lady at the front of the line was making the turn on a green light, and stopped in the middle of the intersection to answer her phone. There had to be 20 people screaming at her to put down the phone and get her butt out of there.
    That is when you need a couple of 30mm mounted on the front, triggered by the horn button.
    Bob

22. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

People have become self centered IMO. Now it seems so damned important not to miss that call, message, or text from anybody you may know. The call may be about just so minor stuff but It has to be answered because they are the center of the universe
    Also the new cars and the manufacturers must bear some responsibility. When I drive the '57 I have to pay attention because its a manual trans, drum brake, no power steering car. I'm sure that HRP has to be careful also in his '54 as it does not respond as a new one. The new cars have WiFi, lane detection systems (in case you can't stay in a lane because you are stupid), automatic parking, messaging and text on a big screen that you have to look at instead of looking out the windshield and so on.

czuch, 34toddster, dan31 and 5 others like this.
  23. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

We need to replace brake light bulbs with devices that text "STOP!!!" to everyone within 50 feet. Forward vision is obsolete, plainly incompatible with proper cell phone use.

24. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

California is supposed to have strict cell phone laws. Truckers, autos, bicyclists and everyone one else still use them for texting while going about their business. Really torques me to see it happening.

Glad you weren't involved in the accident.

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  25. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

In California we have strict cell and texting laws, but rarely enforce them and legalized pot, so it's a wash.......

26. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

If it weren't for_______ people, the world would be a wonderful place!
    *************^^^^^^^^ insert appropriate term here.
    KK

27. As I drive my 18 wheeler I always look down at cars passing and probably 8 out of 10 cars the drivers are doing something with their phone. It is very scary and I have a daughter who is about to start driving which scares me even more.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

dirty old man, dan31, j-jock and 6 others like this.
  28. town sedan

town sedan

Will solid core wires and non resister plugs interfere with cell phones?
    -Dave

29. Even though we have strict laws here, the turds still can't free themselves from the damn things! I have air horns on my daily driver, and love giving them a blast through the driver's window, just making it that little bit harder for them to hear. This is how it should be done :

nunattax and 3W JOHN like this.
  30. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Cell phone tickets should be the same as a DUI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.