Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Has anybody ever un-street rod an old street rod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikec4193, Oct 12, 2018.

1. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Lots of paperwork history included.
    According to those, engine/ trans was freshened 25k miles ago.
    Runs like a top. High dollar build back then.
    Converted the Vintage a/c to R134.

2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Yeah, some of that fad stuff is ugly. But man, flat black is the most played out too lazy to do a real paint job thing out there.
    Actually I have a hard time stomaching most of the flat anything colors, almost as much as pastel with a neon graphic heartbeat down the side.
    We almost repainted my dads A when all that was going on in the 90s. But then changing interior and such too was just too much. So glad we didn't! 35 year old paint job that only sees sun a few times each summer still looks good, and has just enough wear on it that you know the car is DRIVEN all over

0NE BAD 51 MERC likes this.
  3. Bob K did it with his 47 chevy 2 door. Sorry, I don't have an "after" photo but I'll bet somebody else does. bobknmrbones.jpg

4. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

5. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

This is one car that looks good either way, maybe with the exception of the cloth interior.
    I'm digging the muscular look of the early version.

6. Yeah kind of, my old '26 T. I got rid of the billet, swapped windshields, headlights, tail lights, rear tires among other things...
    Before...
    1 (1).jpg 2aa4_3.jpg 20e7_3.jpg

After...
    1926Ford004-1.jpg 1926Ford006.jpg T-Bucket002.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  7. Some nice transformations in this thread.

I see lots of pastel no chrome tweed Boyd wheels etc cars on my local classifieds and the classic car auction go for 10 cents on the dollar to copy and recreate.

Some you can tell where big dollar jobs when first done.
    Thought about buying a few and with a wheel change and paint you would have a great car for less then half what it would cost to build from scratch.
    Most are the standard 350/350/9” configuration so while not traditional it is a bulletproof configuration and as long as your not going full on traditional, who cares.
    Tweed can be fixed with a seat cover temporarily and your having fun and saved another ride from garage purgatory!!