Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Anybody have photos of the old Memory Lane and/or Aadlen Bros yards in Sun Valley, CA?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jazzbum, Oct 16, 2018.

1. jazzbum

jazzbum

Hey folks,

I'm working on an article about notable L.A.-area junkyards, and I'm in need of good, preferably high-res digital images of the old Sun Valley locations of Memory Lane and Aadlen Bros auto wrecking yards. Ideally I would want pics of the signs out front, but anything would be better than nothing, which is what I've got now.

If the piece makes it to publication, you will get photo credit if you want it. I realize this is a longshot, especially in the case of Memory Lane which has been closed for quite a while now, but I figured this would be the place to ask if ever there was one--on some level, we're all historians and documentarians here.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. missysdad1

missysdad1

You might want to contact Chip Foose for a Memory Lane contact name. His show, Overhaulin', used to get mock-up car bodies from there. I've bought many parts from Memory Lane in the past and thought about taking some photos, but that was before everybody had phone cameras. Good luck with your project.

3. I hope you include Baldwin Auto Wreckers off of Los Angeles St. in Baldwin Park, Ca. I went there in 1963 looking for a Willys for an A/GS car; all I could see were Model As, '32s, and everything through '48. All too heavy. I wish I had been a little more hot rod focused at the time. But then again I passed on a '58 Ferrari Testa Rossa with a small block Ford in it for $2,500.00. Someone please take me out of my misery; shoot me if I keep talking.

scotts52 likes this.
  4. jazzbum

jazzbum

Thanks for the suggestions fellas. Bump for the evening crowd.