Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SoCal Windshield replacement service?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikelee, Oct 16, 2018.

1. mikelee

mikelee

Hi all, I'm looking to replace the windshield on my '64 Mercury Marauder - already have the glass and seal, but need a reputable person to do the installation properly. My car is in the Torrance/South Bay area and I'm looking for a mobile type service. Any recommendations are most appreciated!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know about that area but around here there are guys who work in a number of glass shops that take on side jobs installing glass for rodders and other car folk at the person's home shop.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. chryslerfan55 and Special Ed like this.
  4. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know if he does off site installs but Riverside Street Rod Glass has always done right for me.

5. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Should be pretty easy for an older shop. Back in the early 80's I worked for a glass shop. We did older cars all the time.
    Two people, some soapy water, a long piece of 1/8" or 3/16" dia. rope...set it in place and start pulling the rope gently, a coupla slaps once in place to seat it...your done.
    Make sure that they know how to install older, rubber mounted glass before they start.

Mike

6. mikelee

mikelee

Thanks 1320GASSER - I called National and they're not doing old stuff anymore.. They referred me to John at C&J Glass who has been at it forever. I called him and he doesn't do mobile service so it looks like I'll be taking it in to him.
    Thanks everyone else for weighing in! IMG_0117.jpg

7. That's an easy one to install, let them look at it first. You may need a gasket.

8. well that's strange that they stopped doing older stuff, they just did front and rear glass on a 55 Chevy for me, guess they only do the old stuff for long time customers? let us know how C&J Glass does if you end up using them