Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods is there a simple part you can't find?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 13, 2018.

1. I seem to have misplaced my bottle of motivation. Very hard to find a replacement.

Truck64, HOTRODPRIMER and das858 like this.
  2. GuyW

GuyW

This might help some members:

round tuit.jpg :

40ragtopdown and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. Duellym

Duellym

A 42-47 ford 1/2 ton pickup trans crossmember, basically a whole front clip for the same truck and a bed would also be nice.... basically i need a parts truck but all of the jailbars I've found on Craigslist are too nice to part out like that.... i guess i really need to up the fab skills

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. das858

das858

Been looking for the front edge hood trim for my 1964 dodge 330 wagon for 4.5 years. Should be the same for sedans , 440 , Polara.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. I hear you, I looked for almost 6 years for the right front fender trim that was missing and when I found one I bought and it was in worse shape than the existing pieces that was on the car.

Within the next month 6 NOS pieces for a ranch wagon popped up on ebay and I pounced on the buy it now price, with shipping a little more than 500 bucks and they were all nice with just minor shelf scratches. HRP

6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I'll have to dig up a photo of an original one, as I'm sure you are aware; these are a front sump engine, so they are a design all to themselves.
    Here is one I made from a non Chevy II windage tray, does the job but I sure would like to have an original one.

20170903_111043.jpg

7. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I cannot find the front grill surround for a mid 50's Fargo truck. I don't need the horizontal bars but I do need the surround. I don't know if it is one piece or 4 like a '55 Chevy.

Attached Files:

8. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Look for the Y at a welding supply house , I have the same fitting for the same reason on my Power Wagon

alanp561 and XXL__ like this.
  9. Gman0046

Gman0046

FWIW, when I had my 63 Belair 2 door post car, a set of supposedly nice side trim came on eBay with a "buy it now" price of $1800.00. By the next day it was sold. Can't tell you how many ads I've seen of guys looking for this trim. I've even thought of air brushing on this unobtainable trim.

Gary

10. slowmotion

slowmotion

As a post car fan, I'm always looking, and I've seen it done. Some better than others. It's one of those things that 'sounded like a good idea at the time' but I now understand the why of it $$$. :eek:

11. I still have a few good and nos side trim pieces from my girls old '61 Bel Air stashed away just for that reason. Now the car is gone I need to take stock/pics and sell it all.

12. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

The crest is the same but the wood grain is in the way so there is either some sort of roller piece I’m missing or it’s a different emblem all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Danny, I found the switch and you can have it, I can send it out to you in the morning. If you will message me your address I will send it out. Glad to help.

14. XXL__

XXL__

Bumping for some input from the tool pros...

Suggestions on brand and model number of a top quality one, or where to (send my wife to) find one???

I recently "lost" my ancient, quality analog pen style air pressure gauge (and by 'lost' I mean, someone walked off with it!!!).

I'm looking to replace it with a "good" one... and not the crappy plastic chrome ones that Autozone hawks next to the cash register.

I just need car tire pressure range, accurate, well made (metal, made in USA??, whatever), and I have no use for a digital super gadgety one. I just want one of these...

911-682_A.jpg

kbgreen and The37Kid like this.
  15. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I was doing a 65 caddy convert 20 years ago. The rear window motors were stuck from sitting, I tried to find some used or new onesx and everybody said they were special and not available. So I spent some pretty good money having the originals rebuilt, got them back, installed them one worked good the other so-so. A few years later I was heavy into the enduro race car thing and was using 73-77 monte carlos. I was stripping one out and looking at the window motors. I thought those sure look like the ones in the caddy, the motors were the same just had to be swapped right to left. Sometimes you just have to look in a different place to find the part you need.

WTF really and kbgreen like this.
  16. Sporty45

Sporty45

I bought one a couple years ago from NAPA that was all metal. Not very expensive either. It has worked well for me. It was a double ended style though like this one:
    [​IMG]

XXL__ likes this.
  17. WTF really

WTF really

And of course I have 58 lol.

18. kbgreen

kbgreen
    1. Georgia Hambers

I've been looking for the door window frames on a 40 Buick Roadmaster convertible for two years. Just bought another car that has a rust problem just for those parts. Hey anybody wanna buy a hot rod project, it's just missing a few parts!

WTF really likes this.
  19. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Will this work? If you take off the two flare adapters it should leave you with two female 1/8 NPT.
    https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Edel...dapter-Y-Fitting-1-8-Inch-NPT-Red,111225.html

XXL__ likes this.
  20. Fordors

Fordors

I don't know where Milton products are made but you can buy a brass, chrome plated Milton gauge for under $10.

XXL__ likes this.
  21. 49-50 Merc taillight mounting gaskets. Everyone is backordered!

22. WTF really

WTF really

Sweet ride.

23. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

id like a pair of 38 chevy truck door locks in good condition,or in rebuildable condition

24. Been looking for the front inner quarter panel brace for the drivers side of my A. it runs at a 45 degree angle inside the car just behind the door. No luck so far. :(

25. Interesting. I have been looking at them lately. They're on all the usual suspects websites, but you say they are all out? Mmm. I'm not desperate, but after ignoring used originals over the years I'm beginning to think I should have followed the 'buy it when it's in front of you' principal. :rolleyes:

I have had frustrations over the years with brass fittings. I've seen them, I've got an old one, I know they're out there, but where? Sometimes the internet is not as helpful as you would imagine either.

Or, no, I don't want to order 50,000 from China. I just want one.:eek:

One time I ended up finding a domestic plumbing adaptor at a heavy equipment hydraulic supplier.

26. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

the simple part i can't find the most often is "MONEY"

Cliff Ramsdell and Truck64 like this.