Register now to get rid of these ads!

Termites and Bowties- Early Chevy Group

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29bowtie, Jan 7, 2009.

1. madmike3434

madmike3434

The box with the plywood is the answer to protection. A correctly made box using plywood is superior to a cardboard one that a lot of people want to use to save weight. Rather float a few more dollars to UPS or Fed-X on weight than take chance on cardboard. Almost drove to get these but looked at the 12 hours one way and amount of gasoline and over nite stay in hotel and figured , nope.

Looks like will be heading over the border again early December to NY state, to get a pair of complete running boards including the metal backing plates , for 34-35 standard coming from Nevada .

The slots in the running boards were filled in with bondo and the rubber mats glued to them........what the hell gets into peoples heads. ????? Bodyman in a can is not the answer for a nice car. With the metal backing plates included they can go to techno strip where the chemical solution will remove all the old rubber and acid bath will remove all the rust right into the tiniest of pock marks. The solution will also remove all the bodyman in a can in the slots.
    mike lynch
    34-35 rb RS metal backer with rubber.jpg 34-35 rb RS with metal backer attached.jpg 34-35 rb RS.jpg RB XXX d.jpg RB XXX.jpg RB XXXa.jpg RB XXXb.jpg RB XXXc.jpg

Turbo57, Fern 54 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  2. Turbo57

Turbo57

3. madmike3434

madmike3434

If you saw the other half you would not say that, ITS WORSE , but I did clean up quite a bit today, still needs more !

mike :)

Turbo57 likes this.
  4. madmike3434

madmike3434

The ones I got from chuck a year or so ago are NOS and stunning .

mike

5. Turbo57

Turbo57

Sorry, it was a bad joke from me, it is sad that people use bondo to repair or hide things :(

6. madmike3434

madmike3434

I got this pair of N O S 1934-1935 chev standard series running boards from Chuck . Have owned my coupe since 1970 and these are only the 2nd pair I have ever seen, and the first for sale.

These are so nice they can go right on my car. Unfortunately the rubber due to age is cracked but they make repo rubber . NOS BOARD UNDERSIDE.jpg RUN BOARD 34 35.jpg RUN BOARD NOS UNDER.jpg RUNNINGBOARD NOS.jpg
    mike lynch

7. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

8. Turbo57

Turbo57

Those are really nice :)

9. madmike3434

madmike3434

SIXBALL............parts are out there and more and more stuff is appearing on ebay motors, because its from all over the USA they are listing items. No more trailering piles of parts to a swap meet and standing over them for 2--3 days hoping somebody wandering around wants what year you have for sale. Swapping is fun but also a grind to do.

On ebay you have hundreds of people buying / looking everyday . I find stuff I never see for sale anymore at local swaps. Like those tail light inside pigtails, single or double contact. Got some on ebay other day and reasonably priced too.

mike lynch

Turbo57 likes this.
  10. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Mike, I agree. It is good for the sellers to be able to reach the guy that needs the obscure piece they have and good for the buyer to be able to find the perfect piece that would never turn up at a local swap. The down side is that the great swap meets are fading fast. The big one around here was the Hot August Nights swap meet every year in Reno. This year it would have fit into my back yard. I bought a lug wrench and a beer. There used to be some pleasure in digging through a bunch of rusty junk and finding that little gem that the owner had no idea what it was. There are still treasures to be found at yard sales and estate sales when one of our brethren checks out and his family just wants to get rid of his junk.

Turbo57 likes this.
  11. Chuck Craig

Chuck Craig
    from Ocala FL

This was also the only set of NOS Running Boards that I have seen also. They came from an older gentleman in S. TN. that was selling his stuff so his family did not have to deal with it. He is also the same one that I got the rear fenders from. (Chuck)

12. IMG_3773.JPG here is a set of N.O.S. 1933 chevy master fenders and running boards that sold at the hershey swop meet. $2500 with the boards and that is the original paint.

nunattax, mgtstumpy, Fern 54 and 3 others like this.
  13. madmike3434

madmike3434

OMG, WOW, HOLY CRAP, BATMAN LIVES, jerry springer guests are not crazy.............2 front fenders, 2 running boards......all ready to bolt on the car in ORIGINAL PAINT.............THE TOOTH FAIRY AND SANTAS CLAUS ARE REAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for only $2500. Be still my heart.

Great price.

I am dumb struck

mike lynch

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  14. Those would look great on my car!

nunattax and tb33anda3rd like this.
  15. madmike3434

madmike3434

whats wrong with whats on your car ???? they look good to me. But NOS is the best when no repairs have to be done.............were you at Hershey and missed them ????????.mike

16. we were about an hour late, i think. they would not fit my car but would have fit Mallomikes 3w.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  17. i did buy a N.O.S. front fender, at hershey, for my 33 standard $500 . still has some original paint on it. when we got home we put it next to Mallomike's master fender to compare the size.
    @TFoch this is the one you sent me the link for, he brought it to hershey. IMG_3847.JPG IMG_3848.JPG IMG_3849.JPG IMG_3851.JPG

nunattax, mgtstumpy, Fern 54 and 3 others like this.
  18. Bowtie Coupe and 31chevymike like this.
  19. Mine aren't perfect, just thought the NOS ones would be nice to have.

Bowtie Coupe, 31chevymike and 34andy like this.
  20. madmike3434

madmike3434

congrats on getting a good one, fender. Makes the trip to Hershey and the grueling search walk, all worth it.

For general interest purposes : A 1933 Chevrolet master fender is for 33 master only, has that stylized V stamped into the front area. A 1933 Chevrolet standard series does not have the stylized V and I would assume is shorter ??? due to wheelbase being shorter.

mike lynch

21. 6inarow

6inarow

@madmike3434 what do you mean "stylized V stamp?? I dont see it on the above black fender.

22. See picture below. Fender.jpg

23. you can see the difference in length in my pictures.

24. this coupe was also for sale, was owned by a plumber. car was very solid, inside and out. no twist to the doors and i did not see a piece missing. way better deal than any over priced ford on the field. IMG_3822.JPG
    IMG_3823.JPG IMG_3824.JPG IMG_3825.JPG IMG_3826.JPG IMG_3827.JPG IMG_3828.JPG IMG_3829.JPG IMG_3830.JPG

25. What was the asking price?

Sent from my SM-J327V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

biggeorge likes this.
  26. $17k........i think.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  27. madmike3434

madmike3434

I think that car was on ebay last week or an almost identical one. Might still be there. Do not remember the pipe or ladder brackets on the fenders. Think $17G is a stretch money wise , unless you want to keep it washed and waxed as a survivor car. ???

Just checked ebay and that car was just relisted at $15.800 buy it now

mike lynch

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  28. they did say they were open to offers and would take less. i saw it wednesday......they were fishing deep.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  29. That would not be too bad if they cleaned it up and put some effort into it. But on the other hand you can get a lot of nice already "finished" 28-31 cars these days for that kind of money. 12K it would probably have sold, 16K they will be keeping it for a long while id imagine. Tempting though as it is such a great body style.

30. WAAAY better deal than this rotted out,parts missing, half suspension, non rocker arm, everyone has one, rusty borefest, of a money pit, turd. only $27k....... IMG_3765.JPG

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018