Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Power pole + falcon = BAD day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconsprint63, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Boryca

Boryca
    from Detroit

@Truck64 has it right, and keeps this from happening.

Glad you said it! I was going to say the same thing. Seems we all forget this at some point, but I definitely try to put it in practice with any of my old stuff, even though it's a pain what with manual steering... Good habit to have for sure.

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

That really sucks. But let's see if I can put a positive light on this:
    Black and white those pics while photoshopping the late model out of the one.
    BAM! Instant cool pics of an unfortunate accident.

Boryca likes this.
  3. A Boner

A Boner

That would be good for a budget fix.....just paint new hood satin black.

4. From the looks of the pictures, it's still on a downhill. Probably a good thing the power pole caught it or it could have been much worse.

Boryca and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Those fenders can FOR SURE be fixed. My nephew has a 61 Bel Air and was in an accident and HEAVILY damaged the front end, buckled both fenders with creases. After an unsuccessful search for good fenders, the GURU body guy was able to straighten them and the car was painted. Here is the final product:

Attached Files:

50 customcoupe likes this.
  6. I don't normally say anything like this but I DISLIKE this thread, It is a crying shame that you Falcon has been wrecked. :( HRP

7. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Very repairable, find a good "bodyman" . not a body tech

VANDENPLAS and BigDogSS like this.
  8. Finding a good hood would be the only problem, the 63 Sprint hood is a one year only.HRP

9. upspirate

upspirate

Didn't Ford have slipping out of park problems that a .75 cent part would have fixed, but they decided the few lawsuits were cheaper?

10. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

Have talked with the Hagarty adjuster yet but i've sourced most of the parts already. About $3200 assuming the worst for the left side frame and inner structure and assuming othing in the steering system got busted (wheels are caddy whompus now).

@hrp already found 2 hoods on a falcon group. Guys offered to give them to me if i can get them here from NJ or FL. May need a relay if anyone's coming to goodguys next weekend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Hope you get the Sprint fixed fast. I really loved the one i had to sell .
    How about this red one on the left. Auction at TuleLake CA. from 1 to 4 November.
    I circled the British Ford on the right because it,s an oddball in the U.S.A.
    British Ford.jpg

Surfcityrocker likes this.
  12. Man, that is some good news.

I sure loved mine but it got totaled years ago. HRP

13. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

GAZ, do you have a link for this auction?

14. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

that's an earlier car. the radiator support is different on the 63. and it's a REALLY long way from NC. Good eyes thought--and thanks for thinking of me.

I'm still waiting on the adjuster. I think I've source most of the parts already but keep the suggestions coming in case things fall through while I'm waiting on insurance.

15. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

I've been kicking myself for 20 years for selling my sprint. When I bought this one I figured I'd eventually to a v-8 swap--now might be the time.

BigDogSS likes this.
  16. Ford sent out this stupid sticker instead of fixing the problem. I may still have mine somewhere.
    [​IMG]

17. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Hey, that sticker's the 75 cent part!

[​IMG]

Bleach and VANDENPLAS like this.
  18. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Ok I would like a wee bit of education. Is the '60/'61 hood a lot different? Do 60 through 63 grilles mounted (same screw locations? Core supports? I have thought about getting a 60/63 Falcon and a heads up on any body parts if needed would be appreciated so I have definitive info base, if said car appears. Tks

19. samurai mike

samurai mike

YES!

20. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

60/61 hood doesn't have the boomerang but I think it fits otherwise.

Core support is 63 only (i think) but definitely different from 60/61. there are bump outs where the lights mount on the 63 verses the earlier grill recessed behind the hood line. Earlier core supports can be modified to work.

I'll grab a pic once its disassembled.

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. BigDog, Jalopy Joker posted the link on Monday evening. I don,t know how to :rolleyes:. craigslist Sacramento.
    FS63, I noticed your CA plate so figured that was your location.

22. phill

phill

Melvin,s Classic Ford Parts in Conyers GA might be worth a try for parts. I bought quite a lot of early Falcon parts from Melvin when I was in Atlanta during July last year. Melvin was retiring then and his son has taken over the business and moved it across town. Melvin was selling up all the second hand parts ( a warehouse full) because his son was only going to stock new parts. What hadn't sold by the time the warehouse was sold was going to be taken home and sold over time. I don,t know if everything is gone but worth a try. Prices at the time were good enough to make it worth shipping to Australia.
    Phill

23. Boryca

Boryca
    from Detroit

24. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

25. Boryca

Boryca
    from Detroit

26. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Insurance money + extra = no work and have the V8 he really wants.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Boryca likes this.
  27. safetythird

safetythird

If you see anything in my area that might help, I'm happy to look at it for you.

I have a spare fender (not sure what side right now) off a '62 that needs the surface rust knocked off and some minor love. Likely better than yours-it looks straight to me.

You could have it, but we'd have to figure out how to get it down south.

falconsprint63 likes this.
  28. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

@Johnboy34 --here's hoping. lol. I bought this car so I could just drive it while I finish the frame off on the avatar. Hadn't planned on working on it other than adding disc brakes and AC

Johnboy34 likes this.
  29. 6inarow

6inarow

that will buff out

30. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^^^^It took 59 posts but I knew it was coming.

bobss396 likes this.