Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest NO REGRETS......YET!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by raprap, Oct 8, 2018.

1. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

Hi all. It's been awhile since I was up here.
    I did sell my '40 Coupe last April and got a good price for all the work put in to it. You'll never get what you had in it but I figure I got that much and more over the last 18 years of enjoyment. I sold it to an older gent that just got rid of several Antique cars. He did not drive them much as they were not that reliable or fixable if you got stuck out of town. I assured him that I have driven to Florida, East coast and returned with only having to put gas in it many times. It was reliable.

So I have been to a number of shows this year and really miss driving in instead of walking in. I really want to get into another vehicle but I'm not sure if I want to go up in years or go back. I've had the whole array in my driving years. Model A's, customs, 50's , 60's, 70's. Muscle cars were fun but not sure I want to go there now. I think I'm in the mind on doing a 2 door wagon. Woody's are always first on the list!
    Any ideas out there?

RapRap

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. 327Eric

327Eric

If you want to cruise the highways, look to the late 50s cars that were built for the interstate

3. Woodies are nice but out of my price range.

We have been happy with our Ranch Wagon. HRP

upload_2018-10-8_12-17-18.jpeg

4. alchemy

alchemy

How about this?

55 wagon.jpg

5. Make a short list of the 'ideal' car for your situation and future lifestyle. Do you think A/C would be a plus or will short trips with wind in your hair and bugs in your teeth be just the ticket? Do you expect to have any physical limitations that suggest an auto trans and comfy, cushy seating, easy in'n'out doors, etc., are on your wish list?
    You're going to be best at answering those questions than any of us. Don't be surprised if your match-mate car turns out to be a truck. Those have filled the bill for many an old timer. :D

6. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Glad you finally sold the coupe.. I know your dilemma.. I ended up with a barn find 38 that I updated drive train and suspension and a little 64 V8 Falcon hardtop with a 4 speed.. For me it's the best of both worlds.. Something old and something to go fast in... You could split your money between 2 drivers and see if you like one better than the other or keep them both.. Would give you an idea if you want something similar to what you had or something totally different and then sell one or both and buy a better version of what you decided you like more.. Does this make any sense????

7. ................Makes perfect sense to me.:)

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  8. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

All,
    Thanks for the replies and really any 2-door wagon might be a cool one to do. Lots to choose from out there. Chevy, Ford, Pontiac, Plymouth, Ramblers. I'm on the HUNT!

Scrap- It sure does! I guess I'll have to come over and drive both of yours to see what I like!

Rap

9. Glad the sale of the '40 all worked out for you. I may have been too enthusiastic with some of my suggestions for change back then, can't really remember. If I was, I apologize. Hope you find something new to drive..........Don.

i.rant and scrap metal 48 like this.
  10. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

It's all good!

11. wicarnut

wicarnut

Happy for you with your sale. Wagons are Kool, IMO, they are all Kool, Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Kustoms. Admire your ambition to take on a project, for myself, no more projects, have the family Midget racer to finish and that's it for me. I still own my Mercury, it's still for sale, I have time on my side, sooner or later the right guy will come along and own it, lots of flipper type guys, dreamers, and just plain obnoxious cheap ass's, many trade offers, but nothing I'm interested in so far, don't really want to trade. Good Luck with your new ride, what ever you decide.