Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Mike Hoag and Sherm Gunn contact info? M&S Welding, Sassy Gremlin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OrangeCrushin, Aug 27, 2018.

1. OrangeCrushin

OrangeCrushin
    from Austin, TX

Hi y'all,

I'm hoping someone could PM/forward me an email or phone number for Mike Hoag and Sherm Gunn. I hear they're still around Los Angeles.

I own Sassy Gremlin, a car Mike and Sherm did the chassis fabrication on. I'm hoping to talk to them and learn more about the work they did on it (I have a very good idea of everything, but want document the car's original build better), and would like to reintroduce them to the car.

This was Paul Pittman's eventual twin-turbo 1970 Gremlin. It was sold to Carl Smith around 1975, and Carl raced it until 1987 - he retired form S/G competition for health reasons and eventually passed away in 2006.

Attached Files:

Speedwrench and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

PM Pete Eastwood, he will know if they can be reached.

3. OrangeCrushin

OrangeCrushin
    from Austin, TX

Thank you, PM sent!

4. OrangeCrushin

OrangeCrushin
    from Austin, TX

Still fishing for info.

5. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

I talked to Mike, he said they only worked on one Gremlin & it was a pro stock.
    Maybe George Britting ?

6. OrangeCrushin

OrangeCrushin
    from Austin, TX

Gotcha.

Is George on here? The car had extensive chassis work done somewhere around Riverside, CA in 1969-70. Firewall is moved back about a foot, with a dzus-tabbed dash, firewall, and trans tunnel. A 47-54 Chevy truck drop axle is up front with a four-link, Olds 9.3 in back with beefy ladder bars. The rear fenders were stretched, not flared. The cage is well done, too. All looked heliarc'd in the original fabrication, all very well done.