Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown Thanks!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, May 21, 2006.

1. scarylarry

scarylarry

Year # 4, great weather, more cars, more people, more friends...perfect! Let me start by saying I COULD NOT do the show without several HAMBers that donate their time to make several parts of the show worry free for me. One is Lulabelle (and Mrs. Lulabelle) and two is Skate Fink. They man their posts like a couple of maniacs ALL day long. They are the best and I cant thank them enough. Also Johnny Long Hair and the Mrs.,Mrs. Bates, Nappy (hope you fell better), Sumo, the voice of the Showdown, Curt Six for the art year after year, ol' scratch, also my buddies Scott K and his wife April, Jerry Duncan for flaggin', and the big man J.P. also unshakable at his post. And of course my idea bouncin' buddy Clark (I'm glad you got to mud dive). We had over a thousand people, more than three hundred cars, great bands, great vendors, no problems with track time, and now a boat load of money for the museum and our local fire company.
    I also got to thank all the HAMBers that traveled such a long way for our little show, TX, MI, OH, NY, VA, MD, NJ, PA, WI. Hoo da thunk it?...just too cool. We've met so many great friends because of this board, show and car thing. It still makes me smile. A Jalopy Showdown auction will follow shortly.

2. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

A BIG Thank You to You, Larry, for hosting such a great event.....my first time, but now that my Cherry is busted, I'll be back every year!!

Brucie

3. Thank you Larry and all the So What crew, I just rolled in. About 1400 miles and 400 pounds of mud:D

The best time you can have with your hotrod hands down. I can't say enough about the Show and the people and the fun we all had.

I'm tired:cool:

4. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

THANK YOU FOR SHOWING US A VERY GOOD TIME!!!!

We had a blast! It was the first time i was finally able to bring something out to run on the track. I had an awsome time from the time i woke up to the time i left, came home and went to bed! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
    I met some great people, saw friends, saw enemies,..LOL,....no really, a lot of GREAT people there!!!! lord-willing, I'll be back next year throwing mud with the rob I'll be getting started on this fall!

KEEP IT UP!!!
    Jason

5. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

I'm honored to be allowed to be a part of it. The guys I worked with on the gate made it such a pleasure. Traffic flowed in and there was seldom a bottle neck.
    With the exception of a VERY FEW people, I would like to thank everyone for acting responsibly on the highway outside the fairgrounds. With the few houses neighboring the property, it would only take a couple complaints of people burning out to have the show shut down. With all of the positive that this show produces, it would be a shame to see it go away due to the actions of only a couple people. Thanks everyone.
    Hope everyone had a safe trip home and looking forward to seeing you next year. Bring lots of $10 bills!! :cool:

6. plmczy

plmczy

Thanks Larry for another great show my kids had a blast. I'm shootin to have something there next year if everything works out. later shawn

7. chopo

chopo

gotta agree. I big thanks to all that make the show a go. This was my 2nd year to attend and it just keeps getting better. And yes Mr and Mrs Lulabelle are wonderful folks. I need to meet more local members. thanks agian for a great show.

8. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Thanks to Larry and all of the crew, had a blast.

Just got home, 1,058 miles, 17 hours, I'm beat.

B:DB

9. kooldeuce

kooldeuce

And you were beating that clean green machine on the track too!!!!!!!!props to ya.:cool:

10. RustyCoupe215

RustyCoupe215
    from Owings, MD

Thanks Larry & Everyone!!!

This was my first year as well and I had a blast. Dragged pops along and really had a fun time! The bands were awesome, pretty good swap meet turn out, awesome dirt track action!!! CANT BEAT IT! Doesnt compare to "other shows" that were the same weekend....I mean where else can you see gassers & modifieds on the same dirt track? We just got back and The Showdown Ruled the weekend.

Hell I even found the carb I needed from a helluva nice guy in the swap section and shoulda bought those damn buick finned drums!!! *if your reading this pm me lol*
    Still fairly new the the HAMB but I'm slowly tryin to meet people, and put faces with names....WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR WITH THE Coupe!!!

AWESOME SHOW THANKS LARRY!

11. repoman

repoman

Most fun with my pants on in a long time! Next year I think I'll try it with my pants off :D

Hey Caffiene! Thanks for letting Mike and me squat by your van. Sorry about leaving the empty beer cans and busted ass cooler, sorry for scaring your customers, and annoying your girlfriend. I owe you one!

12. sumo

sumo

Always a pleasure Larry.

Great to meet everyone always fun and good times.

now everybody back to work York is just around the corner!!

13. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Speaking of the track and my chevy, does anyone have any pics of me on the track? I sure would like to see some. If you would be so kind to email them to me I sure would appreciated it.

Thanks

B:DB

14. Like the rest I had a great time. Can't wait until next year. I should have the F 100 done and will come up to camp. Go to Goodguys on Friday and Badguys on Saturday. Seeya at York.

15. Spitfire1776

Spitfire1776
    from York, PA

Larry, what you and Kim do, and for the reasons you do it, its an honor to help.

16. Thanks to you and yours....the Museum is cool and a worthy cause.

17. 46mopar

46mopar

Larry, Thanks every year this show gets better. All your hard work shows there is no other show like it. I took my dad with me he couldn't belive all the cool cars and laid back atmosphere. He's areal motorhead and was digging all the different mills. I got him a project and he told me the plan is to have it done for next years Showdown theres no way he can't be apart of this.

18. PIRATEKUSTOM

PIRATEKUSTOM

I would like rain and less washover from goodgays/mini truckers with sweatpants sneakers and attitudes turned hot rodders(and dont forget flat paint on old shine to fit in not because all you can afford is a case of rust-oleum flat black to cover some old rust)... BUT!! what a great show anywayz... Im glade its going so well for ya all,keep up the good work. Ill be there next year pulling a hot rod with my bicycle if I dont have the cash for the gas.. or walking to see the museum and get a t-shirt.. And if I do pull somthing to your show it will be to the front gate not up the street or 20 miles away...ha!ha!

take care, Tim

19. johnnylonghair

johnnylonghair

Oh no thank you ''SIR LAURENCE OF SEVEN VALLEYS and KIMMY". Always a blast...

20. Tony

Tony

Haha..douchebag!

Larry, as ussual a KILLER time was had by all. You, and your faithfull crew never let us down.
    You ALL do a great job and as far as i'm concerned (and all theotehr guy's we come down with) this show is the BEST one to attend period. It's not just the show, it's the people behind it, the one's you go back to hang out with , and the new one's you meet each year that make this gig worth the trip!!

Thanks for a great time!!!!!
    And sorry for waking you up friday night. :D:D:D:D

Tony

21. Spike!

Spike!

Hey Larry,
    Thanks for the great show. Looking forward to next year.

Spike

22. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

thanks larry and the rest of the crew for another awsome year one of my fav shows to go to .

23. Built2Ride

Built2Ride

Awesome set up yet again. Thank You. Like several others said already maybe I'll have my (insert your project here)--> '53 Chevy going for next year!

24. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

Thanks for a blast. Always nice gettign somewhere no matter what chaos leads up to to. Love the venue, the people, and cars. Good luck and let me know if you need help. Larry

25. 53 Kaiser

53 Kaiser
    from York, Pa.

Larry & Kim. It is our pleasure to help. April & I had a great time as always. It was great to see everyone and hope to see you in 2 weeks. I have to come up with a new HAMB name since I change cars too often. Scott

26. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

We Made It Back Last Nite about 11:30 pm made a few stops along the way I have no idea how many miles total ..... maybe 2800 miles.......... worth it!

This is one AWESOME Show!.................

THANK YOU............ Larry and Kim..... and all the So-What Bunch!!

27. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Aren't you gonna tell us about the "Brokeback Mt." award??????
    Inquiring minds wanna know.

B:confused:B

28. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

The trip was worth it, great show man!

29. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

Didnt want to make you jealous Bob.........................

30. gearhead55

gearhead55
    from philly

yes thanx alot larry and another thanx for grabbin my "clearance" draggin plate HA HA HA!!!!

Attached Files: