Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Model A windshield frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Colemire, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I have a model A, 2 dr sedan, top has been chopped. Bought a windshield frame, new alum, and it is a inch shorter in width, 1/2 inch on each side in other words. I have to redo the front post, whoever done it done a terrible job but that won't gain that 1/2 inch. Am I missing something? I'll know more once I get the body mounted and the windshield post and the doors aligned. I can make it fit with some fab work but just wondering what's going on.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Dont have a clue, but could it have some sort of seal that goes in there?

3. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Maybe the new frame was made incorrectly. What is the width of the frame at the top and bottom?
    Can you take a picture of the windshield area so we can see if something looks wrong.

4. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I'll get measurements, done forgot, been working on the chassis and thought I'd get it out of the box and check it out. Got it from Mike's A Fordable parts. Everything else I've got has been great and the customer service is great.

5. BigEd

BigEd

I believe that Model A windshield frames vary in size depending on year and body style.

6. roadster windshields are narrower than closed cars...

7. Your correct there,but they also mount totally different.
    The Wizzard

8. ^ you are correct