Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest It probably will never happen but.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by themoose, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I would wear a new pair of socks everyday!

Bones

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I buy tickets regularly.
    It’s a dream even if it’s a long shot.

I think it would be nice to not have to wonder if your finances will last as long as you do.:D

I’d retire and help my family and donate some to select charities and then build cars for as long as I can still turn wrenches.

Life is good without it, I’m happy either way.:cool:

Chavezk21, chryslerfan55 and The37Kid like this.
  3. Like Jerry Lewis. HRP

4. When my panic attacks about being broke and not being able to feed my family stopped, and my nerves settled a bit, I would have no problem filling my time with old gasoline burning things.
    (Like HRP I would also be a philanthropist, lots of people need help)

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

themoose and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I'd buy my wife some new boobs. Heck, all my friend's wives too. Maybe even the whole town. Could be great for morale, very uplifting.

As for cars, I'd like something really fast, sub 10 second. Probably a Willys, 33 or 40, maybe both. And a 58 Impala, my first car. And a Z16 Chevelle.

6. 392

I’ll bite......It would be a hot rod and a custom that was lights out and spot on after I asked you to work on ideas that you already know what makes and what breaks. I guess I’ll go buy a ticket or 2.

themoose likes this.
  7. mountainman2

mountainman2

I don't need to win the lottery. I just need a good scratch-off to fund a system to HEAT MY SHOP! :( winter is rapidly approaching

8. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

get some patch panels for my av8 roadster ..:)

9. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Take a nice long nap then go out for Thai food.

10. I'd have you photoshop a 5 hole centered pattern .... on this chrome axle .... and if I liked the rendition well enough ..... I'd buy the roadster for you. :)

20180609_133224.jpg

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I think the OP was just following your example.....

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  12. H.R.P. for president!

13. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Most insightful post on this thread and probably, at minimum, one of the best ever!

14. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Be careful what you wish for......

15. OK...Just give me a heads up when it's going to arrive!!!!:rolleyes:

32.jpg

16. I don’t know, man, I kind of agree w/ HPR. I can only read so many hundreds of pages of build and tech threads from people who never participate in any conversation unless it’s in their own thread involving their own car. In fact most of them ignore the “great work!” “Looks awesome” comments and blather on. All fine and good, I’m here to learn what you guys already know, I dig the build threads and use hamb like an encyclopedia, but there’s no harm in some normal dialog on a human level once in awhile, is there. (You see what I’m “alluding” to here? Or has my point eluded you?) ;)

You two old farts are both alright in my book.

17. hallrods

hallrods

I would make sure my family was taken care of. Then my father and I would go on a shopping spree. Willys and hemi's and 3 and 5 window's owe my! I would set my buddy Rick up with the car of his dreams.

18. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have all the tools I’d ever need, tig, mig, plasma, lathe, mill, couple belt sanders and a large Snap-On roll away so full of Snap On tools can’t hardly get the drawers to shut...however, I have a small 1938 sized garage...so...I’d build a nice shop with car lift, and, a 32 3 window coupe....that’s it!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  19. pitman

pitman

Diogenes, searching for a salt-free '33, '32, hell at this point an A will do!

themoose, chryslerfan55 and Clay Belt like this.
  20. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

If the lottery was large enough, I would buy one large parcel of land in the middle of New Mexico. I would fill it with every car I have ever dreamed of. I would build a self sufficient powerstation utilizing solar/wind/water to keep costs down. Then build a lovely work shop and also a small foundry. It is my dream to recreate all the missing parts I CAN'T FIND including learning the art of shaping stainless steel(I have tried to find a expert to recreate the stainless pieces around my Plymouth grille with no success. LOL)...

Then I also have wanted to buy a large lot in Montana. That way I can have a cattle ranch.... And it's purdy there!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. trollst

trollst

Good question asked here, I've had a good life, been working since 13, never finished school, worked my ass off and learned about money and credit till I never needed anyones help, and am now retired and reaping the benefits of that hard life.
    It would be tough to give money away, but I'd give little brown bags to those I know who've had a dark cloud pass over and shit on them, I'd buy a 32 five window, build a bigger shop, my wife would want a new ranch-estate-park like property-look at me stuff, but I'm happy to be alive after two scary life altering moments I'd rather not experience again. Money can't change that.
    Good question though, makes you think, and yes, I did just buy a ticket for the 60 million draw here.

bct, themoose and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. Anything less than a few million would be enough to ruin your life, just my theory. But if I kept it quiet and spend it slow that would work, but get a bigger house and garage at least.

To really win hugely, I would buy a large commercial building or have a large garage built to my specs on my new house property. I could stay around locally, maybe move our towards Montauk and retire. Powerball would allow me to hire craftsmen to do stuff I don't like to do or lack the skills. The shop would have to be at least 40' x 60', heat, AC and a few lifts. A nice loft with a man cave and full kitchen, outside cooking area and a pool.

23. patzfab

patzfab
    from Canada

I have 3 daughters and 11 grandkids, they would be the first beneficiaries. Then my friend, who gives me part time work, (I am retired), in his Rod & Custom shop, would be given a nice shop (on bought property)and all the tools to build even more awesome cars than we build now in a rented shed on a farm!
    Then we, my wife of 50 years and I would build a nice small house with a nice big workshop/ garage on acreage.
    What is left would be donated to charities dealing with special needs kids and adolescents.

41rodderz, themoose and chryslerfan55 like this.
  24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yuppers, I'd be wanting to keep a pretty low profile.
    I'm retired so I don't have a job to quit.
    I would buy/build the dream house with the dream garage/shop. I'd buy enough land that both kids could have a home on the place. I'd also have a separate home for a friend that needs a home of their own on the place.
    All the parts for one of my projects would mysteriously show up at a local rod shop with a note saying "here is what I want".
    Put a hell of lot of miles on one or the other of my rods or customs with a note book to check off the bucket list events as I went. My wife would want to go to Central Texas a lot more often to visit family and that works with some of the car events on the list.
    Pay someone to keep my yard up and keep the weeds pulled. Outside of going and doing that would be the big change in lifestyle. I'd rather be working in my shop on a project than working out in the yard wishing I was in the shop or on a road trip.

25. First up, I'd send a nice chunk of cash to Moose for all the free work he does on the Photoshop thread. One of the Hambs best assets.

Maybe I'd buy a high dollar street rod, spray it Matt black with flames, then flog it as a daily while i tour America.

26. redoxide

redoxide

build and equip a machine shop and workshop employ a pile of retired old guys with skills who are sitting in front of the brainwash box wasting away and pay them well to pass there skills on in a no nonsense government free foundation , Brig in young adults and give them a purpose by learning some skills... and promoting any business ventures they might want to take out with them.. ad while they were all busy learning new stuff, in a small corner of the workshop I would finish nailing together my wee trad style 28 coupe.. which I would drive every single day rain or shine ..

27. OK Jeff ...Now you got me really rooting for you to win big :D

OahuEli, ct1932ford, pitman and 4 others like this.
  28. Whenever I think what I might do if I won the lottery I always ask myself one question, would it make me happy? Answer, no. Why you ask? Simple, while it might be nice to have great wealth, I would donate a good chunk of it to charity and the rest would be divided among my family members.

29. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

After reading what everybody would do if they won the lottery, it made me appreciate things in my life, that I took for granted. One is I’m retired after fifty plus years of working, receiving a union pension, not SS. Have a place to work and store cars and projects. And I get to do as my wife pleases. Wow life is great!

PS- I also have a Mac box full of Snap-on tools with drawers that I cannot shut. ( it’s because I have crap piled on the drawers right now ) Lol
    Bones

30. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

definitly move from the Bay Area. get a big piece of property with a 100+ year old house and assorted outbuildings. I'd get a car hauler with a motor home on it and drive all over the country buying old junk and old cars.
    I'd buy my sister a building so she could expand her day care business, and I would buy a modern septic system for my brothers house. he has been pooping in a hole in the ground for the last 5 years.