Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1932 Ford guys - which Deuce is your favorite?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Gary, have you considered unbolting the sold panels and installing glass, as I recall when Kenneth had his apart for paint the sides were removed to paint.

I don't think it would devalue the car if you hung on to them, That delivery is too nice just to set around. HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  2. Well, since all I could afford was this lowly, pile-o-parts put together by some enterprising rodder(s) back in who knows when, I guess I like Tudors best. But then there are those five window coupes like my friend Sam has.

20180908_080709-1.jpg
    IMG_2946.JPG
    IMG_2944.JPG

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    mgtstumpy, 1947knuck, 3W JOHN and 2 others like this.
  3. Sam has a lot of nice cars. HRP

3W JOHN likes this.

4. Wasn’t there a thread a couple years ago where a guy put a camera on the back of his Deuce Sedan? I think I remember that he wired it up with a small screen on the header panel and left it on continuously.

I’m thinking of doing that to my Sedan. I bet it would help your car as well.

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  5. I've got to go with our Roadster as #1 followed by the 3-window.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Deuces, alfin32, Dave Mc and 5 others like this.
  6. arincee

arincee

I'm happy with my 3 window and tudor sedan but if I get one more it will have to be a Vicky.

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  7. 3W JOHN and Deuce-Deano like this.
  8. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I really do like JC's 5 window.

upload_2018-10-2_12-56-20.jpeg

9. Me Too. HRP

10. Thanks Danny

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. ratrod0

ratrod0

20180905_094936.jpg 20180905_094907.jpg real deal roadster

Dave Mc, mgtstumpy, 1947knuck and 3 others like this.
  12. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

HotRodPrimer. If I were to remove the side panels I would have to do a new interior behind the seat. To much work for what's it's worth.

Fordor Ron and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  13. I guess your right, interior work like Deuces keep getting higher & higher. :rolleyes: HRP

14. you could get one of the small Back up/rearview cameras that wifi to your cell phone. they are small and easy to install. mount it on your license plate bracket or in the back window. i know its not traditional, but maybe an exception could be made in the name of safety and self preservation.. and i hate to think of you not driving that sweet 32.
    Chappy

HOTRODPRIMER and Fordor Ron like this.
  15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'm not a big Deuce fan, but if I could have one, it would be this one.

tomdeuce.jpg

alfin32 and mgtstumpy like this.
  16. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Would love to have a 3 or 5 window but would not turn down a 4 door.

17. Roadster, 5w, and tudor in that order. I've had 4 rdsts 1 roadster pu, 2 5ws and a tudor sedan.

18. Most here probably consider me a heathen, not only for never having owned a '32 Ford, but more so because I openly admit preferring (and rightfully so :D) a '32 Plymouth PB Roadster.

OTOH, my love affair with hot rodding was initially sparked by drooling over some B & W (dirty magazine ?) pictures of half or fully stripped (naked?) pre-war cars with no bumpers, fenders, running board, etc. most of which were '32 or model A Ford Roadsters and all this obviously left a lasting impression (or brain damage ?) to my questionably developed teenager mind.

So I've always enjoyed looking at and/or drooling after "traditionally" (up to early '50s vintage) hot rodded deuce roadsters and if I've made my views about vintage hot rodding and/or cars even moderately clear, it shouldn't surprise anyone that if given a choice of a deuce, I'd not only pick a Roadster, but for me it would have to be an original "Henry steel" body/frame package and nothing but all authentic period correct & - matching build components and parts.
    Call me a purist (traditionalist ?), but no modern creature comforts, (mid-'50s or later?) components or trinkets for me.

I've had couple of opportunities to acquire one over the years, but besides the usual money/timing not being right for the moment, I've also felt the cabin space may not allow enough to accommodate reasonably comfortable driving position for my liking. My PB with longer wb & cabin length seems barely big enough.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. Having spent many hours in the passenger seat of a '32 PB coupe I agree with the interior comfort and the look of the car with it's lowered top from the factory gives it the look of a chopped top, plus the suicide doors also add to the look.

I also understand everyone doesn't want a '32 Ford and that's cool but I have been a sucker for a Deuce since I was 12 years old and the affliction still exist to this day.

I also like other cars but having had as many as I have had I never get tired of the '32 Fords. HRP

TTR likes this.
  20. I also wish to add that if a "right" Deuce Roadster comes along at the right time (=$$) someday, I'll probably get and/or build one to my liking.

*Not to mention the full length hood and (the roadster only) body drop at the windshield, etc were the styling features that gave me the "H@rd-on" I still carry around for PB Roadster. :rolleyes:

P.S. I have nothing against Deuce Coupes or Sedans, I just prefer many other makes and year models in enclosed body styles, most from mid-to-late '30s.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  21. Convertible Sedan "Bathtub".

22. liljoe

liljoe
    from detroit

3E1B44E3-CBAD-4E2B-831E-DE27C3013F11.jpeg Kinda partial to mine.

alfin32, mgtstumpy and 1947knuck like this.
  23. My favorite style would be a 3 window, followed by a b400. But I guess I'll have to settle for mine.

Attached Files:

24. gary kessler 1932

gary kessler 1932

Ive had several of each, the roadster and the 3 window, but my dream would be to have one of each, but at the same time,

25. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have about each one made except for a p/u and sedan delivery but they are only 1/25 scale versions.

26. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

My vote,
    SPark

check2.jpg check9.png

mgtstumpy and 1947knuck like this.
  27. While I can always appreciate a deuce roadster, growing up in wet Oregon though always had me being drawn to 3 and 5 window coupes. Never cared for sedans. Though I have always had a love for 32-34 pickups.

28. My favorite has always been the three window. When I was a little kid it was always the subect of many drawings. I think it is the line of the door that does it for me; it seems so elegant. Anyway I am finally building my dream car. It may be a brookville but it is close enough to the one I have always wanted. My intention is that it will be known has the one I've always had! 20181007_180433.jpeg 20181007_180350.jpeg

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

alfin32, Dave Mc, slug and 2 others like this.
  29. ... Lew Wolffe's 3 window built in '64 ...

Lew Wolff's 32.jpg