Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects how much do you lie to buy a car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ThisOneGoesTo11, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Damn, it looks no one got your joke. I did. It gave me a chuckle. Hahaha

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

"As you were, Gents! not a moral dilemma, just a light-hearted riff on another thread title....now let's get back to sparks, grease and the occasional band aid. Cheers.;)"

Too late, the Genie's out of the bottle.

3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Lucky guy. A hot rodding gal is just like a lottery win. Good for you.

4. Brenda & I have been married 46 years and I have always been truthful, we are both hot rodders and she enjoys them as much as I do. HRP

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

At least twice if it's less than, say 20 grand. And like I mean it, you know? Any more expensive than that and I get dehydrated and run out of smokes.

6. Some times A potential buyer will state I gotta ask my Wife. I tell them If you gotta ask the wife the answer is always No. And If she by some miracle happened to say yes I wouldn't sell it to you anyhow.

7. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I don’t lie about what I spend on parts, I just don’t tell the whole truth. :D Somebody will get a deal on some things if she sells them for what I said I gave for them.:p

My wife loves vehicles as much as I do. Actually, she’s a better buyer than I am, she’s tough to deal with. Most of the time we agree on buying vehicles, sometimes she tells me if she doesn’t like one to do what I want. She sometimes doesn’t see the vision of the finished product, but will say she was wrong when one turns out better than she thought it would. She’ll also tell me she told me so when I get my butt burned.

Had her 40 years, guess she’s a keeper!

8. Richard Head

Richard Head

You just gotta be in the right place at the right time, and have a rollback truck, to pick up and go before they have a change of heart.

None of the stuff is HAMB friendly, but I usually go in with the belief that if it’s bad enough, then it will just get scrapped. I’ve been pleasantly surprised.

9. topher5150

topher5150

I'm just looking for an old wreck for a parts car

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. I’m usually the dude with facial deformities, sweating with a nervous tick on the front porch of the saloon waiting for his evil villain boss to get off the train...

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. topher5150

topher5150

Mongo only pawn in game of life

chryslerfan55 and clunker like this.
  12. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    The question should not be LIE, but consideration for life’s choices. Why would you lie to buy a car or hopefully never lie to sell a car…liability and all… Your relationship with your wife and family is the key to happiness. Making decisions together is a big part of the whole scheme of things. We have been together since the “flower power” days of the mid 60s, as 20 somethings looking to get along in society and our own lives. “We’ve only just begun…”

Hot rods, family cars, travel, experiences all were discussed before wandering off into the horizon with blinders on your head. Relationships through trust were the groundwork to being together for such a long time. My wife trusts me to no end. when it comes to cars, there is no other person she goes to for advice or knowledge. It is not bragging, but years of experience, research, owning a ton of different cars, working on cars, and driving all sorts of vehicles in all sorts of places.

We had our own cars when we met and then got married. Then from that point on, it was a collaboration of ideas and wishes discussed together for future car purchases. Then, it was out for a cruise to check those wishes out for a possible purchase. She liked her own first car, the Corvair Coupe, but driving that car built up wishes for the next car she would like to own.
    we could have lied when we sold the car, but we did not like a future with bad "juju."

Jnaki

The best example is the decision to get a 46 Ford Woody that we saw in San Diego one year. It was in excellent shape. The wood was in need of refinishing, but with my skills in woodworking, that was not going to be a problem. The motor and drive line was solid with a 283 SBC and 3 speed, LaSalle transmission. The rest of the body was in excellent condition as noted by my wife. No rust, fillers or fiberglass replacements.

The woody was going to be the centerpiece of our fledgling photo business. The woody and price was great, so we were ready to buy. A deal was discussed and made, but the purchase fell through, because we were out of town buyers with a certified local bank branch personal check. Who refuses a certified by local bank, personal check?

So, after much discussion on the drive home, we agreed that another hot rod was necessary for us. So, within the next week, we found and she fell in love with the new/old 40 Ford Sedan Delivery with all of the goodies that met her needs…including A/C ++.

Talking, trust and thoughts on any idea or subject, all go together for a family discussion that has lasted through some tough times. The relationship continues to survive to this day on any subject matter, even cars. But, also, it involves decisions like landscaping our front yard, too. Ha!

Ron Funkhouser and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. I've been married for 36 years and I still buy whatever I want. ;) She has never questioned anything I have bought. Hell, with my cars and bikes, she always knows where I am :)

14. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have no problem with buying stuff....within reason. Her reasoning, of course.

We are long past house payments, saving for kid's college, etc. The only standard is that she doesn't want to see car junk. That means no hoods outside leaning against the shop and no extra cars sitting out anywhere. We live in the country on small acreage but no yard cars for her!

15. raidmagic

raidmagic

My wife is to awesome for that. If I like it and we have the money I buy it.

16. Marcosmadness

Marcosmadness
    from California

A man lying on is death bed used his last breath to say to his wife, “don’t sell my cars to my friends for what I told you I paid for them”!

17. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

"The only standard is that she doesn't want to see car junk. That means no hoods outside leaning against the shop and no extra cars sitting out anywhere."

Yikes!