Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Here's a 34 Chevy coupe, I saved, years ago. I found it in a woods. I asked the farmer that owned the land about it. He said, I was welcome to it.:) { A Freebee } I have met some very nice people looking for old tin. But I've also been chased off a few times too! :confused: Lol 459.jpg Ron....

2. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

3. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

4. As Rodney would have said "Looks good on you though"

Rathbone, czuch and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

6. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wonder if that little "winglet" bolted on the back edge of the roof helped keep that mean mochine stuck to the ground at high rates of speed?:rolleyes:o_O:confused:

7. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

Naw, helped keep the rear window clean by a constant flow of air over it.

chryslerfan55 and Thor1 like this.
  8. dartracer

dartracer

9. ^^^Thats not fair! Now I will not sleep tonight.

10. Looks like something that really belongs in the Vintage shots from days gone by! thread.

biggeorge likes this.
  11. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

nightmoves, pat59, mgtstumpy and 8 others like this.
  12. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

13. Mikel50

Mikel50

Here’s a pic from a recent trip to an old junkyard.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. scotts52

scotts52

^^^Im probably in a minority, but I love 38/39 Ford trucks.^^^

15. People can love ugly things, you should have seen my wife....

16. My '38 Ford truck sitting and rotting......was my dad's. He bought it in '42, I learned to drive in it as a kid on the farm. Parked in '76, hasn't moved since. Too many projects.....

DSCN0473.JPG

17. Cool ( long term ) project. I take it you have since removed all the twigs and leaves stacked up on the cowl vent and behind the headlight and dynamo ?

chryslerfan55 and RMR&C like this.
  18. I thought I might comment on your cool vintage photo. It appears at the time that photo was taken. That the yard was trying to save all the coupes and roadsters. Probably the only bodies worth saving, just to sell to the Hot Rod'ers.;) We're probably driving some of them today. Thanks for posting it. I also think that it should be posted on the vintage thread also. I'm one who likes seeing them posted both on places. As it's more likely that I'll see it, if it's on both threads.:) I think when we post the older photos, we could just note it too. I really enjoy this thread. I'll keep posting photos of the new Vintage Tin, when I find it. I'll also let you know if it needs saving. I can post some old'er finds,{ as history } if anyone likes seeing them here too? { So Happy Hunting } Here's an old find. I dug it out of the ground. It's still setting on that rock. Some are just to rough to save.:( Ron..... 2583.jpg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  19. Yes I have to clean it off regularly as it sits under the trees. Working on building a shed to get it under cover.

20. It's there now. ;)

21. That '38 Ford pickup is well worth saving. Hope you can get around to it. I need to do something with my '55 Ford that my parents bought new. I haven't done anything to it in a long time, at least it's under a shed in the dry. That poor '39 big truck could still yield some good parts. The doors are the same as pickup, those doors were bad to rust out under the bottom (like most vehicles of the '30s and '40s). Sometimes you find better doors on big trucks, less rust under the bottom to repair. '38 and '39 doors interchange, '39s have stamped sheet metal inside door panels instead of the laminated fiberboard that was used on '38.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  22. slamnfreak

slamnfreak
    from Washington

Spotted these, recently. According to a guy who used to work on the area, the Charger hasn't moved in 10 years.

Attached Files:

23. I recall seeing these Dodge vans used as U.S. Postal Service vehicles.

24. Yeah, those were used just before I joined the Postal Service, back when "service" was actually practiced there. I think those might be the ones whereby the carrier could stand up and drive.

chryslerfan55 and biggeorge like this.
  25. spurgeonforge

spurgeonforge

9A747829-8FBB-4ECA-88F8-C6B92C609AA0.jpeg Model A on my buddy’s property.

26. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Whats the hold up? Its been sittin pretty there long enough, It needs to be "at least" sittin in somebodys way somewhere in the dry now:D

27. spurgeonforge

spurgeonforge

I’m working on it.

28. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When you get it be sure to post a thread with photos! I love those "digging treasure out of the woods" posts.:rolleyes::)

29. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy