Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I can't get out of it!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

If your wife doesn't like riding in it, Hell take your girlfriend!:D

winduptoy and loudbang like this.
  2. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

Looks great. We've watched you picking away at this hotrod for some time. Worth the patience.
    The hood sides must confuse a few not-so-knowing.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Rocky, have you installed a heater yet?

With the average temperatures ranging from 16 to 87 degrees some heat on those cold days will be welcome.HRP

4. AHotRod

AHotRod

So, so very happy for you Rocky, Congratulations brother, and keep driving it everyday and don't stop.

5. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I'll be looking for a ride when I am over next if we catch up. :)

6. bchctybob

bchctybob

Atta Boy Rocky!!! You put in the time now enjoy it as much as you can. Like others have said, it looks great. How 'bout some pictures of the engine? Love that Pontiac and 4 spd combo!

7. dudley32

dudley32

Glad you're enjoying it after such a long wait...

8. Sorry....photo turned out a little fuzzy. 34engine10_18.JPG

AHotRod and Tim like this.
  9. Daddy_O

Daddy_O

Can't get out of it??? Well don't.....keep driving the wheels off of it!!!!
    Great build, thanks for all the information and updates, great looking car.
    Take some video out the windshield while you're cruising around........you can replay and relive them in January when it's snowing, 10 degrees below zero, roads are snow packed, and the wind is blowing. :)

10. bchctybob

bchctybob

Thanks Rocky, that old Pontiac is lookin' good. Now you need a nice snakey set of headers.
    I guess I got hooked on the early Pontiac engines as an impressionable teen all because of the HRM cover showing Walt Kaline's Pontiac powered roadster in green. Are you running the stainless distribution tubes behind those elbows or are you running without them? I heard pro and con both ways.

11. No tubes....and it runs cool.
    drove over to Walmart this afternoon and then stopped at NAPA for some parts. I've been driving it to work on nice days and I park my Ford with Pontiac power right in front of the Chrysler dealership. 34atwork.JPG

12. scoop

scoop

Lonestar Roundup next year?We could swing by and pick you up.

13. Super Streak

Super Streak
    from Florida

That's an awesome coupe, I'd be driving it non-stopped. Enjoy it!!!

14. Sweet & Low

Sweet & Low

Congrats!!! Keep driving

15. mickeyc

mickeyc

Hello Rocky, Mickey C here. I have followed your build of this very
    well executed and beautiful coupe. Your build could be a tutorial in
    determination, problem solving, and the art of balancing life and
    family responsibilities while moving towards your goal. To me the
    best part of enjoying the fruits of your labor is, when you step out
    of your particular unique ride, and the look of amazement expressed by
    most people as they cast an eye on your accomplishment. Invariably
    the question of where did you get that, or who built that will come
    forth. When you can reply "I built it" can be the essence of this hobby,
    Congratulations Sir, you have nailed it indeed!

loudbang and trollst like this.
  16. Thanks, Mickey..maybe if falls under that thread..."you didn't build that!"

loudbang likes this.
  17. Drove the coupe to a local cruise nite this evening after work. It got cold! A very small crowd that didn't include any roadsters. Notice the leaves are off the trees. My neighbor's GMC pickup....it's first time out since a paint job
    34_10 -18cruise.jpg

loudbang, classiccarjack and Tim like this.
  18. Today was a beautiful day! About 72-75, small breeze and mucho sunshine. I just couldn't let the coupe sit in the garage so I took off to go check out a car show out at the SAC [strategic Air Command ] Museum. It's a cool place but I got a late start onna counta I had to watch the Nebraska football game with my son and my car buddy first ...we won. I got some gas and motored out to the little town of Ashland, hung a left and went into the hill country to the museum. I was too late for the show but I took some photos of my car with cool backdrops. The car performed perfectly except for low oil pressure, which I'm gonna fix with a 60 lb Melling pump this winter. AHHhhhhhhh.... The day was like a mental enema. I returned home to have a nice dinner with Mrs Rocky and then we watched TV 'till now. It was a stupendous day! I really can't get out of it.. sacdrive1.JPG SACmuseum2.jpg 34SACmuseum1.jpg 34SACmuseum.jpg SACdrive10_18.JPG

Ron Funkhouser, Stogy, Tim and 4 others like this.
  19. My favorite photo of the day in the parking lot of the museum. SACmuseum2.5.JPG
    Oh, I'm aware the photo would be considered a loser to the photo journalists because of the shadows, the flag poles growing out of the car's top and being on the wrong side of the sun but I just like it.

20. F&J

F&J

Well now..."mental enema"...never heard that one before.....but yea, I sure do get what you meant. Same here..

Stogy likes this.
  21. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

I love when that happens!! Its like we get to be 16 all over again. I think that's why car people stay young looking (ever notice that)..

F&J likes this.
  22. hemi v8

hemi v8

Congrats! Looks awesome!

loudbang likes this.
  23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

24. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would agree with folks that you hit it just right, not a thing to change (at least from my perspective)

I still kick myself for missing out on a 34 five window with a two door sedan parts car back in the 70's:( $500 for the pair.

loudbang likes this.
  25. Thanks, VTX....today was perfect weather so I cruised over to my son's place to visit with the grandkids. I pulled in behind Mrs Rockys luxo-barge. When I get seatbelts I can take the kids for rides. 34atjeremys10_18.jpg

26. It's fall in the Midwest. After a 2 hour drive after work [another 70 degree day!] I parked on the street and picked up the leaves in my front yard..thought I'd click a photo of it with my house in the background... 34falleaves10_18.jpg

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  27. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another screensaver picture! Rocky, your coupe is REALLY photogenic!
    [​IMG]

28. Jeeze...thanks. These smart phone cameras aren't too bad!
    Maybe I'll update my screen saver 34screensaver10_18.JPG

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  29. Weather report says rain from tomorrow until next Tuesday. It's possible today may have been the last day I'll be able to cruise successfully in my ride for a long time. I took it out driving around, visiting friends and running errands all afternoon. Before I took it home I swung by my local carwash and gave it a bath and wiped it down. It was such a beautiful day here with all the leaves turning bright fall colors. Now I regret not stopping to take a few fall photos.
    But I did get a photo at the car wash! 34carwash10_18.JPG

exterminator, loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  30. Rocky, just install a small heater and you can keep driving. Mrs Rocky may even go with you some if the car has a bit of heat. Car looks great, you deserve to spend a lot of time behind the wheel since you spent a lot of time under, over and around the whole car!

loudbang likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.