Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jalopy Drags at Beaver Springs 2018

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pajeepman, Sep 24, 2018.

1. pajeepman

pajeepman
    from PA

Anybody here going this year? At Beaver Springs Dragway in Beaver Springs, Pa.
    The drags this is Saturday, the 29th.

I'll be there with my friend and his '40 Chevy powered by a stove bolt 6 of some variety. I can't remember which engine he has now, it's the 4th one since the drags started there.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

2. Sure wanted to make it this year. Just not quite ready. Looking forward to your pictures!

3. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@pajeepman …….does your friend with the coupe have a daughter is now probably close to 20 ? I think I met them at Beaver Springs about 10 years ago. I took his daughter for a ride in my coupe.

4. pajeepman

pajeepman
    from PA

No, but there is another 40 chevy, black running in A class I think, maybe it was that guy.

I loved going on the ride-a-ongs. Went in the Woodsman Shaker, back seat, wheels up. It was running 10's that day.

wraymen and hrm2k like this.

5. Going to try and be there. Waiting for the new drag slicks to get here.

6. I will be there as a spectator again. The FED has not been touched.:(

7. ..............We can have the engine back out of the Austin and into the FED in a couple of hours.:D

8. lol, The 327 in the Austin came out of the FED. I just made it a little more street friendly. One of those use what ya got kind of deals.

9. Hellfish

Hellfish

I was going to go to an event in Pittsburgh, but this is a lot closer. Maybe I'll dust off the '59. Is there a show section, or is it only for race cars? What time does it start?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  10. Yes there will be some show cars there. Make a pass or two if you want and there are camping spots available if you are into that. 8:00 am

11. pajeepman

pajeepman
    from PA

There are a lot of cars that do not race. Its a great little track. I plan on being there when the gates open friday, setting up camp, starting a camp fire, drinking, eating, watching racing for the weekend, and going home Sunday. Good times.

12. Count me in, too.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  13. I sure wish I was going. But there's just to many events to attend in the fall. Like Carlisle, Hershey, Charlotte, etc. Also my wife wants to go to the endless summer show this year at ocean city Md. So you guys have fun, and take lots of photos for the rest of us. ;) Have Beaver Bob, give you a ride down the strip early in the morning. He said it's his wake up call for everyone. Lol Some great memories! Well maybe neat year.:) Ron...

mad mikey, wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. What time is breakfast?;)

lothiandon1940 and mad mikey like this.
  15. pajeepman

pajeepman
    from PA

Well it used to alway be sometime after Beaver Bob's 427 Galaxie pass to wake everybody up Saturday morning. We'll see what happens this year. Burritos with potato, sausage, egg and cheese is on the menu this year

16. pajeepman

pajeepman
    from PA

Beautiful weather. Pics will have to wait till I get home. No cell signal and limited wifi.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. It was a good day and some nice cars showed up. Too bad about all the oil downs of the track but did get to see some great passes. Hopefully my son will post some pics today also.

18. Patiently waiting for those pictures....:D AArZ6ns.jpg

19. Work computer wouldn't upload them, maybe this evening.

20. Looks like its a no go on the photos. I got the same "security error" that I did when I tried uploading them before. I guess y'all will just have to come over and I can do a slideshow presentation on my vacation day trip to Beaver Springs!

21. ... but it will let me post this?
    [​IMG]

22. ........................................:(

lothianwilly71 and loudbang like this.
  23. wheels777

wheels777
    from York, PA

Went....great time!!!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  24. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Thanks to youtube here's Dan White's Ford.

25. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

You guys should also like the video that follows ;)