Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1923 t bucket mid 60s built show car

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Movinman, Feb 2, 2018.

1. wvenfield

wvenfield

I'd drive that car all the time with the lights. If someone wanted to snicker, I'd care less because the car is over the top cool.

This fall the city had a citywide bike ride around town. I showed up on my 3 speed banana seat bike. Purple with a sissy bar (an original one from 1967). I'm sure some snickered. Don't care.

2. Dumb and ugly show car with eastern history, and bad proportions; tryin' to pull you out of the snow, guess you don't read much.

3. [​IMG]

4. Movinman

Movinman

So it should be turned into a clone of this? Go back under the rock you crawled out from.

Jibs, EVL401, dana barlow and 2 others like this.
  5. The37Kid

The37Kid

You don't see a Willys front axle on a T very often, I like that. Bob

6. SS327

SS327

I remember seeing that car at either McCormic place or the Chicago Ampatheater at the Rod and Custom shows as a kid. I did not care for it. It just was not my cup of tea. But if I had the chance to own it (If I had the spare cash) I'd sit and polish that chrome till I blew a nut, drive it all over hell's half acres and not change a fucking thing in the process except the oil.

Denny

vtx1800, EVL401, Movinman and 2 others like this.
  7. hotrodhoodlum

hotrodhoodlum
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

fantastic I am green with envy
    do not touch enjoy it

8. wvenfield

wvenfield

I was never a big fan of those flames but if I had this car you can bet I would not change them.

dana barlow, brad2v and cactus1 like this.
  9. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I think the flames make this car stand out from the rest. I know it is a clone of the very first T-bucket. But there is no way in hell would I change anything on the Mint Julip. Just a spitshine is all it needs.

Okie Pete, EVL401 and cactus1 like this.
  10. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

would be a shame to change anything on such a well kept car, looks like it hasn't been touched since the 70s!

11. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Am I the only one....Do they light up???

PBRmeASAP, Sancho and cactus1 like this.
  12. Movinman

Movinman

They do.

EVL401, dana barlow, cactus1 and 4 others like this.
  14. First ride around the block since the early 70's in the "Mint Julep" this weekend... IMG_20180507_001933_941.jpg

IMG_20180507_002054_208.jpg

20180506_225931.jpg

Okie Pete, catdad49, GuyW and 12 others like this.
  15. Bitchin'!

brad2v likes this.
  16. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

Looking good . It cleaned up nice. Bob...........

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  17. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Like it or not, it's a work of art. If you want something else, build something else. This should stay as is out of respect for the artist who created it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

EVL401 and brad2v like this.
  18. You need to bring the wheels back to shiny; just sayin'

SS327 likes this.
  19. yeah. I was thinking that very same thing. just leave it alone. why try to make it a clone of someone else' car? im sure there are people out there that were looking for this car, & may have resorted to cloning it.

Atwater Mike and dana barlow like this.
  20. still digging for info on this t... cant find any old pics at either venue, any other searches for shows or venues that it could have been at? during that period

21. 6sally6

6sally6

Keep the coach lights.......just add another carb on top of the blower! I hate a GMC blower and "single" carb...just looks...weird(like the coach lights, maybe!)
    6sally6

22. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

Any chance if a short inside video of a drive around the block?

23. Although you were warned, it's clear that some of you ate that Brown Acid. Tsk tsk tsk...

SS327, tfeverfred and hotroddon like this.
  24. Personally I think it is ugly with bad proportions, but the fact that it has survived pretty much in tact means I would also leave it alone other than bringing it back to it's original shiny glory. Many ISCA cars, to this day, are horrible - the way they structure their judging is based on points for modifications and NOTHING for style, taste, or looks - so they end up with "Camels" winning shows and their championships. Stuff like this does well with them
    Orange-skull-hotrod.JPG

catdad49 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  25. ^^^ But you know that is what attracts paying customers to their shows; has been that way for a long time. Look at what Jim Street did to the Kookie T.

26. Ahh, the Defibrillator, I remember that car well. Was built by a guy here in Washington State, caused a bit of a ruckus when those love able gentlemen at Hot Wheels sued him for patent/ trademark infringement. In the end he sold the car to somebody on the east coast I think.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

That 'ISCA' decal is akin to 'tramp stamps' nowadays...:eek:

When I put my Dad's '29 roadster in the '74 Autorama in Santa Clara, an Armenian gent approached me, telling me I had to 'adorn' the windshield with this 'ISCA' decal, or be forfeiting points. I declined the decal, but we won second place Street Roadster.
    Not bad, considering the first place winner was Mel Taormina's '34 Phaeton!
    The gent that advised the decal use had a moustache, thick horn rimmed glasses and a largish nose. Naturally, I thought it was a Joe Cardoza ruse, (Bay Area Roadsters 'practical joke') but learned later it was a real person: Noted celebrity and show promoter/manager Harold Bagdasarian, or 'Baggy'! Imagine my surprise.
    We became friends afterward, Baggy got a kick out of my suspecting he had the 'glasses/nose' disguise on...He again offered the decal, I accepted it...It's around here somewhere. But NOT on Pop's windshield!:D

catdad49 and brad2v like this.
  28. glrbird

glrbird

Also in that video is the tweety bird (yellow roadster with out running boards), it is being rebuilt on here as well by original owner maybe he know something?