Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Parts, freight forwarder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skip65, Sep 26, 2018.

1. A shout out to hambers in Europe, Australia, New Zealand. I live in Switzerland and need a freight forwarder in the USA , east coast. Any recommendations?

Thanks Paul

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. Bump

4. 1934coupe

1934coupe

What is a "freight forwarder" ?

Pat

5. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. A freight forwarder is one who is a go between for the buyer & seller. When a seller will not ship internationally the buyer pays seller and gives the forwarder's U.S. address as the ship to address for the seller. Forwarding company receives the item and forwards it to the buyer for a fee. Often the forwarder must repackage for international shipment. I see this often on ebay.
    I have no contact for them but I do know there are some in Florida and likely N.Y. Should be able to find them via Google. Good luck, Jimmie

6. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Thanks Ol. Is it an individual or a company? For example could I help someone out and then they arrange shipping to Europe. Or does the forwarder also do the shipping to final destination?

Pat

7. phat rat

phat rat

My only experience has been with forwarders on the west coast. Generally it's been for Aussies who go in together for a container and use a freight forwarder to put everything together. The last time I sold like this was a Hemi motor and the freight forwarder handled all arrangements for shipping including payment and picking it up at my home. All I had to do was crate the motor

8. I have had many parts shipped by Shipito in the U.S, and have been happy with their service. I have only had one problem, which was quickly sorted out.

9. 55olds88

55olds88

try my friends at West Coast shipping, they have a nice big undercover facility at
    1200 W. Blancke Street
    Linden, NJ 07036

drop Alex an email [email protected] tell him Paul from CFR in NZ recommended to get in touch, they are really good guys can sort most things. I load almost every week from SF to New Zealand with them.

10. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Some gentleman from Sweden wanted me to do it but of course I was immediately leery and passed. Sort of felt bad but in this day and time not worth. If you know people personally then it maybe a different story.

11. Thanks 36roadster I will check them out

12. Thanks Paul from a fellow kiwi Paul transplanted to Switzerland, I will drop Alex a line and see if he can help. I’m not buying much, but sometimes those desirable things pop up, that you just got to have
    Paul

55olds88 likes this.