Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 32 Ford juice conversion clutch and brake pedal return springs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hb32, Sep 29, 2018.

1. alchemy

alchemy

My clutch spring is a stock 32. My brake spring is attached to the pin on the bottom of the new pedal arm, and goes forward to a tab that hangs down from the nut on the front of the chatter rod. The spring came from the hardware store.

2. Dennis D

Dennis D

Through the floor or hanging pedals? D

3. Sorry and should have added more specifics. Original pedals modified for hydraulic brakes so boss relocated to bottom of arm. Clutch is not modified. Thanks alchemy and looked at our local parts store but so many to choose from and questioning the spring strength as well.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I used a medium strength clutch/brake return spring from my local parts store marketed under he HELP line. They seem to be the right length and pull strength. I use the pin with the extra boss on the end a just make an attachment point at the front.

5. alchemy

alchemy

The spring you use for your pedal should basically just hold the pedal up. Try it without the master cylinder in there. If it holds the pedal up, just barely, it is probably right.