Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical ***September 2018 Banger Meet - 4 Cylinder Equinox***

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jiminy, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

3DCCA088-4D88-4421-A238-76CD06BB9DAB.jpeg Ok -I got some sorta good pictures. I pulled the acc. pump nozzle dealy out of its hole, filled the hole with carb cleaner and waited....

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  2. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

06AB27B8-6639-45D8-81F3-7A0DD9A03C2B.jpeg Sure as hell when I looked later the cavity next to pv flange was damp. There's an odd protrusion in that cavity about where the acc. pump transfer passage meets the vertical passage. It's seeping right there. I looked at four other bodies I have and they're all smooth up in that area.

3. callcoy

callcoy

Crazydaddyo:
    Was in your town ( the town I was born in) last Tuesday the 18th, we had a meeting of the "Guys" all that were also born there. Most had family that had orange groves back then. Two slightly older friends, one whose family had a grocery store then other worked at Post Body Shop and helped build their streamliner in the early 50's, was also there.

One of the guys arranged to have the grandson of the Orange Ford dealer, Mansur till the late 50's, drop in with the family scrap book. I have a 29 Panel Delivery that was owned by the City of Orange and I was looking for a photo back then. Mansur was located across Chapman from C W Moss, My shop was located across from them in the 60's.

One of the guys has a B engine for me, had dinner in Anaheim that night an located a B block only, have to figure out how to get them and a 31 running gear with a suicide front end back to Nashville. Had a good trip locating stuff this time.

Crazydaddyo likes this.
  4. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

Ok a follow up- I used another body on my 94 and everthing is A-OK. I hated to swap bodies as the two had the strange brass acc pump towers. I dunno, maybe I thought they were cooler than they were.....

winduptoy and ROCKER77 like this.
  5. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

If you want to see a vid of my roadster on IG. #turnpikecruiser31

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  6. Jiminy

Jiminy

Binger, Jet96 and ROCKER77 like this.
  7. RoadsterDom

RoadsterDom

Hello all,

Looking for a little advice , I’m still slowly reassembling my poor B motor . I have invadvertantly bought (don’t you hate it when that happens. ) two more B sedans. Ones an early (feb) 32 the other is a late (Oct) 33 car.

Now the 33 is the smaller European 14.5 HP engine . Is it likely to have the desirable counter ballence Crank? Also apart from the bore size is the 14.5 hp engine and drive train identical to the bigger more common brother or is it a completly different animal?

Thanks !
    Dom

8. moose

moose

Here's one of my Dodge Fast Fours. This one is completely stock, and is there to set everything up for the built version that's still at the machine shop. I had all the stock stuff, so I gave it a try, and fired it up Friday. It's in a 27 Dodge Brothers Coupe.

The built engine has full pressure oiling, re-ground cam by Edgy, aluminum head, custom manifold that I made, adapted VW distributor, and some other stuff. Should be finished up this fall.

0[2].jpg 0[1].jpg

Jalopy Joker, burl, Jet96 and 6 others like this.
  9. moose

moose

Here's the rest of the car.

IMG_20170911_133403_949.jpg

Jalopy Joker, burl, Jet96 and 5 others like this.
  10. Jiminy

Jiminy