Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1932 Ford guys - which Deuce is your favorite?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 28, 2018.

1. I have been obsessed with the Deuce ever since I was a kid and I have been fortunate enough to have owned several different body styles over the years and I currently have the 32 sedan that I am the second owner, it got away for a while but I got it back several years ago and it is a keeper.

upload_2017-9-9_13-21-14.jpeg

But to be totally honest I have to say the roadster was the most fun even when I was half drowned, sun-burnt, damn near froze to death, wind blown, bugs in my teeth, and all the stomach turning scents & aromas from following a truck full of living & dead chickens, hogs and cattle or the notorious diesel fumes, not to mention the small kamikaze bird that crashed into the windshield at speed, blood,guts & feathers! :rolleyes:

Anyway, the Roadster offers much more enjoyable vistas and the pleasant smells when traveling the back roads in the spring & fall. HRP

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Dave Mc, LOU WELLS, mgtstumpy and 9 others like this.
  2. car doctor

car doctor

IMG_20180620_184658.jpg IMG_20180313_154613.jpg I have a 5window and a 2dr. sedan but I still dream of having a 32 cabriolet. Put the top down on nice days and the top and windows up on the bad weather days. I did buy a 34 cabriolet this past spring, couldn't find a 32 in my price budget.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Hmmmm maybe this.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<

car doctor, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've done 6 sedans including my delivery, 3 Five windows, 2 four doors, a Vicky, a B 400, a 3 window, 4 pickups, 12 or 13 roadsters, and 2 Brookville roadster pickups. I've lost track of the customer deuces. I'm 73 years old and as stated before my love affair with the deuce started with the Nov 57 R&C when I was 12 years old. I love'm all. I need to ad that not everything above was finished but most of them were. I never bought a deuce finished by anyone else.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018

5. TERPU

TERPU

Phaeton, any '32 Phaeton!

car doctor and 3W JOHN like this.
  6. Gary,I bought my first Deuce 5 window coupe at 12 years old and that didn't go over too well with my dad.

I have had 3 - 5 window coupes, 2 fordors, 2 tudors, 1- 3 window coupe, 1 roadster and 1 pickup.

I know you have built some nice cars & trucks in the past. HRP

car doctor and 3W JOHN like this.
  7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I want a 5 window, quite badly I do :D
    Don't know if it will ever happen though given the state of the seemingly absurd $ value they are presently at. :(
    Maybe a new UPC body on a new deuce frame with Y Block power and full fenders might make it affordable. :confused:
    At least relatively speaking :D

8. I would like to have a 5-window......with or without fenders. Then again, the Henry Dana p/u sure is tempting as well.

9. FlatheadRods

FlatheadRods

10. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Do you really have to pick one? They are all KOOL! A few I dig are the sport coupe and fourdoor, the reason is a guy just doesnt see that many hotrodded. The only one I have owned is my tudor but I think I could sell it to do another project 32.

11. I thought I was the only one that liked the multi doors, the only problem I have with them are the front doors are short and for a granddaddy long legs like myself they are hard to get in and out, but I still like the look. HRP

upload_2018-9-28_13-58-9.jpeg

upload_2018-9-28_13-58-54.jpeg

Dave Mc, Spoggie, mgtstumpy and 6 others like this.
  12. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

I've owned a lot of '32 Fords.
    My favorite one has always been, the one that is in my garage . . . .

13. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

14. Fordors

Fordors

I have a 5 window and a Fordor so obviously I like those but given the opportunity I would like a Sport Coupe, but the landau bars would have to go.

15. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

16. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

I have a non-hamb friendly Tupperware 3 window...But if a B-400 were to present itself...………...

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  17. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

I have a tudor. And a roadster under construction. But I think my favorite is a B-400 or a phaeton.

18. alchemy

alchemy

I like all the body styles (Ford didn't make an ugly one), so I don't think I can play favorites. But there are some special '32 things that really trip my trigger: early production parts. I'm no restorer, but finding rare early production parts on cars draws me right in. Dashboards, firewalls, hood hooks, hoods, pedals, grille shells, etc.

19. For me, I own my favorites, a Roadster and a Five Window Coupe.:cool: Between them, is difficult decision.:confused:
    At times I think about maybe selling one, but not sure that I could choose. On a perfect day & night you can't beat a Roadster.;) When it gets cold or too hot, then it is the 5 window Coupe. You cannot beat a Deuce Five Window.:cool:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  20. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I like the 3 window.

nochop and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  21. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

22. I had a friend that owned a Cabriolet and I fit in the car dine when the top was up but if the top was down I realized it fit's inside the body and the seat needed to be moved forward and with my long legs it was very uncomfortable. HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  23. Andy

Andy

I bought the second Deuce I had ever seen. A full fendered 3W. It was in 1966. I am just starting to resurrect it.
    I used to stare at it the morning and in the evening when I got home.
    I used to drive it to work every day and use it for business trips. It went everywhere.
    I have had other body styles but the 3W is the king for me.

24. My 5 window is the only one I have ever had. I love it. There are so many chopped and plastic 3 windows around now days that all look the same so I am glad I have a 5 window. But I have always lusted after an unchopped full fendered 3 window. I would still love to own one but they are now out of my price range unless I could trade for one.

25. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I love a 32 two door sedan hiboy. Always wanted one. Anybody want to trade one for a 40 sedan?

26. brady1929

brady1929

5w then 3w then two door sedan. In that order.

27. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

5W but I’d like to have a roadster too.

28. Latigo

Latigo

I don't own a '32 but Have a friend with a roadster and a pickup. I lust after that pickup every time I see it.

29. When I was 13 or 14 my dads cousin (I guess that makes him my cousin also) had a 32 vicky body sitting on blocks behind his garage. Needing to finish an Auburn build he was doing my cousin sold the vicky body to the guy that owned the local welding shop in town. We stuck some 2x4 through the window openings and walked it up on this guys trailer....
    Over the next couple of years I got to watch the progress of the build when we would stop into the welding shop to pick up work or shoot the breeze.
    This was the early 80's and the guy built it into what we call a resto mod today.
    Full fenders (maroon with black fenders) a sbc independent front suspension, some sort of crushed velvet interior. For the time it was a "modern" build. Came out pretty nice...it was fast enough and you could have drove it across the country if you wanted to. He still had the car when I got out of the service but I lost track of it over the years.
    Still the first 32 that i touched.
    So I would say a vicky is my fav... with the 5 window coupe a very very close second
    Chappy

30. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER