Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Old North State Invitational 2018

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MayDay, Apr 11, 2018.

1. This year we will be holding the Old North State Invitational on September 29th. We have some big plans including a new venue.

Our goal is to showcase traditional hot rods and customs. Yes, this is an "invitational" but we rely heavily on our friends and community to help get cars to the show. So if you think you have a vehicle or know about one that fits the bill, please contact us!

And yes. Not all cars will be "invited." If we have had any success with this small-town show, its in big part to the quality of the cars. So please don't think we are snobs (my own truck didn't even make the cut last year). We just have a certain "niche" that we want to showcase.

All spectators are welcome and we hope anyone interested in cars at all will attend and have a good time.

Sent from my VS995 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

BigO and Nailhead Jason like this.
  2. lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Absolutely! Send me some more pix and your mailing address. I will send you an invitation when the time comes.

Send to [email protected]

Thanks,
    Chris M

4. Cnat wait for ONSI again! My favorite day of the year!!. Right on schedule for the 39 too. It will be there loud and proud!

lothiandon1940 and MayDay like this.

5. I think I'll leave Debutante Miss Vicky home this time around and bring Slutty Miss Vicky instead . . . . .

Nailhead Jason and brett4christ like this.
  6. As long as I get an autograph

D-Russ likes this.
  7. Did you get your invite yet?

8. Bowtie Coupe and D-Russ like this.
  9. Question, the opening statement says the 29th but in your signature section it says the 30th. One or both. Thanks, BigO

10. Thanks Big O. It is Saturday, the 29th, from 12-6. I will have to look into the signature thing. It doesn't show up in the mobile version (I dont think)

BigO likes this.
  11. Thanks for confirming. :)

12. Back up, get your Rides ready or make plans to be there. One of the best shows on the east coast! Tell you wife its a wine tasting thing or break up with your chick, whatever you have to do. Show your friends you are in the know on where the cool stuff goes on. Your chick will take you back, she always does anyway. Come see some of the coolest rides and Make some new friends, your gonna need them since you broke up with your chick to go right?

D-Russ likes this.
  13. Well said, Jason

14. Also, does anyone planning to attend have a 4 barrel 351 W intake they want to get rid of? Aluminum would be nice. Cheaper is better.

15. I will look I may have an Edelbrock one, what year is your motor/heads? later ones can interchange with a 302, I think its just the bolt hole size is the difference. I know I have a 302 one.

16. 1969 351 Windsor. Don't thing it will interchange with anything

17. nope that one wont interchange, 77 up 302 and 351 heads are basically the same casting and you can do some swaping around. I'll try and track one down for ya.

18. These are what you really want Herb:
    Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 2.11.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 2.12.08 PM.png

MayDay likes this.
  19. brEad, Nailhead Jason and D-Russ like this.
  20. King Karl

King Karl
    from N.C.

Is the show going to be in Winston or Kernersville this year?

21. it is at the Brewers Kettle in Kernersville NC. here is the address below and a link to the Brewers Kettle website calendar.

https://www.thebrewerskettle.com/calendar-1

308 E Mountain St, Kernersville, NC, 27284

22. Ok people, you have exactly 49 hours and 33 min to figure out how you are getting to The Old North State Invitational. Be honest with yourself, what else do you have to do? cut the grass? spending another lonely Saturday sitting at home eating Cheetos and watching Ancient Aliens all day? Why would you not go? stop making excuses, that's why you get in so many arguments with your chick anyway. Stand up and shout to the world "I AM GOING TO THE OLD NORTH STATE INVITATIONAL, AND NOTHING IS GOING TO STOP ME!" You know there is gonna be a ton of bad ass cars, you'll probably make some new friends cause we all said screw it to the things we need to be doing like washing cloths and cleaning gutters and such. Plus there is beer there.......who doesn't want that, you might even find some hot chick to replace the one that was nagging you about not doing the stuff you need to do and going to another car show.....a chick at car show will not nag you about going to more car shows, you can always tell her it reminds you of when you met her...... So stop being a sally, stop being a door mat to life, dam the man, go to The Old North State Invitational, and regain your independence. And drink a beer.

D-Russ likes this.
  23. and I heard there might be tacos...

24. King Karl

King Karl
    from N.C.

Thank you Sir... And also for the colorful yet motivational speech below it.

25. Who is going? Sound off here and let us know. Come check it out!

D-Russ likes this.
  26. you know you want too.....

27. Miss Vicky got the invite and she's letting me and Bryan Condra tag along to buy the gas and beer. :)

Hurley50 and Nailhead Jason like this.
  28. Im gonna swing through in the beater, none of my cool cars are done

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  29. a couple pics from last year. I have heard from several people that this is rapidly becoming the LA Roadster Show of Forsyth county NC. Get yourself there. 20170930_151403.jpg 20170930_151346.jpg 20170930_151330.jpg 20170930_124355.jpg

Hurley50, Bowtie Coupe and Dog_Patch like this.