Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Kati Hammett

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 26, 2018.

1. 5window

5window

I am so sorry you lost your friend. Every friend and every moment should be more precious to us. She will live on in the acts of goodness she did and the spirit in which she gave of herself. Thank you for sharing.

chryslerfan55 and BAD ROD like this.
  2. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All I got is I'm sorry man...

3. Special Ed

Special Ed

You've been very fortunate in your lifetime to be able to call some really good people, your friend. A couple of your pals brought me to tears, reading their stories of her hugs. Sorry, man ... :(

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I am sorry for your loss but she is still in your heart and thoughts and that's bitchin.
    My condolences to her family also.

5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Been to Texas many times, Austin a few, but we never crossed paths. My loss that we didn't, sounds like a great friend. Sorry for your loss , Boss.

6. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Fuck.
    I did not know Kati or Jeff well, but just by chance I sat right next to her and across from Jeff at the Salt Lick for the Lone Star Roundup after party . There were a few hundred people in that room but I didn't really notice because I was so focused on talking to Kati and Jeff. I instantly like them both.

My heart breaks for Jeff and the kids.

Go find the ones you love and hug them and kiss them. It could all be over tomorrow.

7. Tanya Olivarez

Tanya Olivarez

Thanks for writing a touching tribute about an amazing human being.
    I still can’t believe this is real...Kati can’t be gone. I was supposed to have lunch with her once the kids were back in school. That was the last message I got from her in late July.
    Kati was a beautiful woman, inside and out. Devoted to Jeff, Dixie and Dash.
    A great friend to all who knew her.
    I wish...
    I shoulda...
    I wish I would have made the time, a regret I will carry forever.

Her shoes will never be filled because she was one of a kind...a true bad ass!
    Love you Kati❤️

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  8. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to Her Family and Friends .

9. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful words Ryan. As with the rest of the Austun Crew, she meant the world to me. Always there, always knows when to call or text.......just incredibly selfless. I thought I was prepared, but wasn’t. Then I thought I’d was over the worst until reading all this. Man, this one hurts....
    Pic by Jeff Woods

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    flamingokid, Big A, Saxman and 3 others like this.
  10. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

My condolences go out to her family and all of you that knew her, such a loss. Aneurysms suck, my Mom suffered one about 20 yrs ago. Thank the good lord for not taking her from us at that time. The thing is if you don't know you have one they can rupture at any moment, truly scary imho.

Thom Mead and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. Aw, man.....she sounds like the kind of person I'd love to have met. So sorry.

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Ryan, I don't read everything you write, so glad and very sad I read about Kati, my condolences to you and all her friends. Bob

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Even though I had never met her Ryan's tribute tells that she was one of the great ones. My condolences to her family and friends.

14. 193257

It's amazing that when your friends hurt you hurt also. I didnt have the pleasure of knowing Kati but know you Austinites well enough that she must have been an amazing person. We never know what the future holds for us so stay strong guys and RIP Kati..

15. brady1929

brady1929

Condolences to friends and family.

16. 392

Bummer, a heavy duty and to the heart thread.

17. Never even heard of her till just now, sad I didn't get a chance to meet her. Sorry for you pain Ryan, sounds like she was one hell of a great person.

18. jchav62

jchav62

My condolences... Sorry to hear... awesome tribute.
    May she Rest In Peace....

19. God speed ! RIP... My condolences to her Family and friends... Sounded like one awesome lady...

20. Only met Kati briefly a long time ago, sure didn't know her. Very sorry to hear of her passing. My thoughts go out to all of her family and friends, and the extended circles of friends we all share.

21. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Beautiful tribute Ryan. I didn't know Kati... but felt the closeness of friendship and great loss in your words. RIP Kati.

22. BelAirToyz

BelAirToyz

She definately brought goodness into your life and from what it sounds like, into all that was around her. Very sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SM-N910V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. Kati and Jeff were two of the first hot rod people I met when my wife and I and our kids we moved here twenty years ago. But they were so much more than that. Salt of the earth. A great pair. It breaks my heart knowing they're apart. My deepest condolences to Jeff, Dash and Dixie. Your mama was good at life. As good at it as anyone I've met. I'm sure she'll give 'em hell upstairs.

24. BLAKE

BLAKE

As another dear friend said this week, Kati was an 'effortless bad ass'. Nailed it.

cactus1 and Javier like this.
  25. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

@Ryan my heart breaks for you guys.

26. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry for the loss of your friend. She sounds like the kind of friend we all wish we had.

27. yep she was a loss in the present but she will be riding with us forever........