Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Let it Snow,let it Snow, let it Snow

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

weather is what it is - good & bad - don't like what ya get then change your location - but, it is traditional to talk about, condemn & praise weather

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    tb33anda3rd likes this.
  2. b-bop

b-bop

A little snow is good for your Hot Rod
    IMG_0594.JPG IMG_0601.JPG 20151116_163357.jpg 14947383_10154047456156616_6465597937527750353_n.jpg

i.rant, Ron Funkhouser, Jet96 and 2 others like this.
  3. F&J

F&J

woodstove is going for 2nd night in a row. Very unusual "too hot", yes above average hot all summer, now another drastic change. No fall colors either, leaves are starting to drop, but no fall colors on those.

Side windows are rolled up on the hotrod the last few nights.

4. F.O.G

F.O.G
    from Pacific,Mo

Been hotter than the hinges of hell here in Stl, finally cooled off. We went from Winter to Summer, no Spring.
    Sucks.

5. Lake Mead just out of Vegas would have taken every inch of that NC rain and may have had room for more.
    Nevada and Arizona are in a drought.

6. badgascoupe

badgascoupe

Sleddin,Trust me ….. it beats fishin!

Jet96 likes this.
  7. check this out: last fall, drive to a local fishing hole. IMG_1489.JPG

Stogy, Black Fifty, Jet96 and 3 others like this.
  8. same spot later that winter: ice jamb. IMG_1616.JPG

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  9. Rocky72

Rocky72
    from Pa.

I tell everyone up in this part of Pa we have two seasons spring and snow and this year it has rained just about everyday this summer . I'm thinking about moving south maybe Tennessee , I hear that the sun comes out down there every now and then . You know I can almost remember what the sun looks like , this place sucks !!!

10. Finally cooling off on the Island. I closed my pool on 9/15, a little early but the acorns and leaves were coming down. Turned out to be a wise decision. We've had a lot of rain the past 10 days and it is getting colder. Doing tasks on my car and around the house, the summer was hellish for about 10 weeks. It was tough to work outside past 9 am and before 8 pm.

11. Deuces

Deuces

46 this morning in Motown... :confused:

12. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

29 here yesterday morning. Gets rid of the mosquitos! Fall colors are great this year.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  13. I've moved to Arizona from NW Montana have not used a snow shovel since.
    All I miss is my friends and fly fishing.:)

14. 392

I’ll pass on snow but will say St. Louis in the summer is rough. Cooler the last few weeks.

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  15. Wife and I just got back from Cannan Valley State Park near Davis WV after camping for a week. The trees there are just dropping their leaves without turning colors despite the annual Leaf Peepers Festival this weekend.

16. catdad49

catdad49

Just started getting cool here in Va. at night. Actually haven't needed the a/c for last few days, that's good enough for me!

17. It was snowing here again this morning. The roofs are white and the cars have some snow on them, but it melts (mostly) when it hits the ground. The streets are wet but not icy.

18. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

321E80E6-07A9-4DEB-B9AC-DF8413F1EDD9.jpeg We got about 4” of snow in about 2 hours one evening last December, for the first time since I’ve been alive. Really hoping to see a little again this year!

19. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So said Mr. Snow!

jim snow likes this.
  20. Gman0046

Gman0046

Kentucky day time temps still in the high 80's, some leaves just starting to fall but no fall color in them as it hasn't been cold yet. Looking forward to the first day you have to wear a jacket or sweatshirt and to cranking up the fireplace for the first time.

21. Deuces

Deuces

Wayne County is already setting up the Christmas lights for the light fest on Hines Dr..... Can't wait!!
    That and the Christmas music.... :)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. Weather has taken a warm turn up by me. No leaves turning color yet, need the cold nights for that. Have had the AC on in the house after work to cool it down. Most mornings it is between 58 and 66, in the late afternoons 70 to 76. I drove the Ford into work today, but had the vents closed.

23. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Peak Leaf-Peeping season in Central Brrmont.

I'd rather mow than shovel snow...I'd rather mow than shovel snow...I'd rather mow...
    Workin so far, but I don't like where this is goin.

24. topher5150

topher5150

that's why i have a 42" blower for my mower

25. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ahhh...two birds/one stone!

topher5150 likes this.
  26. October 3rd was yesterday and I saw a Christmas commercial on the boob tube, they are getting a little bit ahead of themselves, let's get Halloween and Turkey Day in the books before we hear the Christmas tunes. HRP

Deuces likes this.
  27. 10-15 hr (yes that's hours) delays on the Trans Canada highway yesterday in southern Alberta due to snow. Like I said Fuck the snow.

28. What the hell is "leaf peeping"?! .....Sounds kinky. I don't think it's legal in my county. :rolleyes:

I had lived up north in the rust belt for a while and the habit was to do the new fence, new roof, new shed type projects in the summer. But now that I'm back in God's Country, Texas, I kick back and drink cool beverages all summer (I think ice tea is the state bird or somethin') and do those kinds of projects in the winter.

Speaking of "rust belt", if your car could talk, it would tell you that south of the Red River is where it would pick to live, where "patina" means a bit of chalky paint and doesn't mean rust flakes the size of poker chips.

29. your the one who started it by wanting it to snow.....:D

Racer29 and Speedwrench like this.
  30. Driving around looking at the Fall colors.