Register now to get rid of these ads!

Beware of "'59Edsel" flake!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 ford custom, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

This, right here, is the mark of a scam. Unless it is truly a friend or family member, do not use “friends and family”. In doing so, you’re skirting PayPal’s payment rules, and giving up any chance of ever seeing your money again if anything goes wrong.

If the seller is too f*ckin’ cheap to pay the PayPal fee, and you really want the part, add the fee amount to your purchase and pay it. He gets the same price, and you get protection.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Oh ofcourse, I was going to pay the fee regardless. I dont do that for many people.

3. '59Edsel

'59Edsel

Well, it seems I've been pretty well demonized here. I'll try to defend myself the best I can.

After many days of constantly repeating myself in the private messages, I was left with no answers from the buyer. He said he couldn't pay full price, I told him name his price. Finally got that out of him. I told him meet me at my local park, I got the run around. I told him I'd meet him after work on my way home in his home town at a park or business. He didn't name a time or place like I asked repeatedly. Finally when we he said meet at the park at 11, he never specified In my town or his. The meeting time was 11 am and I received no messages from him that morning. (Last checking at 10:15) I thought he was the flake and blocked him.

As far as PayPal goes, I asked him to pay me before we met, or I wasn't going to show. And as for the "family" thing, I guess I'm just cheap like you all said. Sorry.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Kato Kings and F&J like this.

4. That is not true. I messaged you that I was on my way as you asked. I also told you I had arrived. I was early by the way and you did not show. That os a fact. You did not even have the decency to even tell me you wouldnt show as my daughter and I waited over an hour.

5. '59Edsel

'59Edsel

I'm sorry you waited. I didn't see a message that you were on your way so I thought you were the flake. I've had people don this to me before. After all the days of back and forth I didn't believe you.

F&J likes this.

6. I'm an honest person and I dont burn people and I keep my word. I gave you my word that I would be there and I was there by 10:45 and didnt leave till a few minutes after 12:00 because I didnt know what happened, if you were running late or whatever the issue might have been.

7. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Will say a prayer for her . I wish you both well.

8. I wasnt giving you back and forth, your window of free time isnt very much and I know everyone is busy and have alot going on. I was trying to work with you and my schedule aswell and it's not that easy.

9. @41rodderz thank you and I really appreciate it! We should know in about a week when her open heart surgery will be.

10. @'59Edsel Nobody is trying to demonize you by no means, just trying to figure out what happened and trying to solve it. I would still like to get the intake from you to get my motor squared away for my 56.

11. Phil P

Phil P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A lot of confusion here, I personally won't try to complete a deal with out an actual phone call to help verify the details and to make sure I'm talking to a real person. Especially with Kijiji.

12. I completely understand and agree.

13. I just sold a pair. for $100. I actually knew very little about them. So I started a thread here asking for info. and for some reason it was locked? I sold one of those intakes to the Hamb Member the Big Red Todd. It cost $75 to ship it to calif. antique headlamps 005.JPG Y block 4 bbl intake 001.JPG

14. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

what we have here is a communication problem....

15. I completely agree and I hope @'59Edsel and I can resolve it.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  16. oldsman41

oldsman41

Seems to me you or 59 should reach out with a phone number talk on the phone and get this done.

17. That's exactly what I wanted to do but apparently he said he blocked messages

18. I wouldn't hold your breath. You are suppose to meet at 11:00 and he says he blocked your number at 10:15 for being a flake because he claims he didn't get a message? Not the kind of guy I would want to deal with.

porkshop and 56 ford custom like this.
  19. Pay me first or I won't show ??
    Wtf kinda crap is that?

I've met countless folks and made just a couple less successful transactions. Cash in person, I understand all of the reasons for meeting in public places and that's fine but pay me first is bullshit

1stGrumpy and 56 ford custom like this.

20. I do agree. I told him PayPal because I have the funds in there. But I wanted to see the intake in person first since it was local. I have taken payment via PayPal even in person with no issues.

21. Oh shit, careful we don't blame the wrong guy!

22. No its '59Edsel

46international likes this.
  23. PayPal right from your phone at the park with the other party right there.
    Not said what the dollar amount is here.

24. I tried tagging him right now and for some reason it wont tag him. Seems like he block Rd d me from that aswell. Just seems like he knows. Pretty messed up.

25. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Uh dude....you're the guy who flaked on me over those lights and made me start keeping a list. This whole thread is comical.

egads, alchemy, Chucky and 2 others like this.

26. I have been asked many times to do the "family and friends" deal with Paypal transactions and have done exactly what David Gersic is suggesting. Most have agreed to this and the purchase has gone thru, if it still doesn't satisfy the seller, a big red flag goes up and I move on. If it looks like a duck and quacks like... well, you know. If it were me, I'd move on even if it does hold up my project. I'm quite certain that Ford made more than one of these... just my 2 cents.

27. Yes you are right but it was in my budget and not to far,didnt have to deal with freight charges.

28. williebill

williebill

Thought this thread got locked a few hours ago.
    As Grumpy said, these intakes aren't that rare.
    Time to move on, N'est-ce pas?

29. I spoke with a moderator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.