Register now to get rid of these ads!

Perfect Circle- Doctor of Motors Certificate

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gasserlouie, Aug 14, 2010.

1. JackOfAllTradesRuss

JackOfAllTradesRuss

Mine is hanging on the wall in my new garage.
    Got it in 1961, same year I graduated from High School and enlisted in the US Military. Russ

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine and I think the test is stashed away in a box somewhere around here. I found the envelope that came in the mail, dated Dec 9 1963 in the file cabinet. I think the certificate is with the rest of my certificates in a folder.
    I also have the Gold toned plaque that hung on the wall in the high school auto shop that I was a student in and then taught in. I kept that because I figured that the janitors would thow it in the dumpster when they emptied the shop out to turn it into classrooms.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  3. Got mine freshman year auto shop, that would have been spring of 1968.

4. edward adjetey

edward adjetey
    from ghana

Please fellow H.A.M.Bers, I am an auto mechanic and lover of vehicles, I want to take the Doctor of Motors Certificate corresponding course. could you please help me to the appropriate Authorities. Thanks Edward

5. edward adjetey

edward adjetey
    from ghana

Please H.A.M.Bers, I am an auto mechanic and a lover of vehicles,I want to upgrade my knowledge .could you please help me to take the Doctor of Motors Certificate corresponding course,by directing me to the appropriate authorities. thanks Edward.

6. took my test at wahpeton science school in 1964 still got the student version somewhere that was a tech school after i droped out of high school
    should look for it its in my shop someplace, was thinking on throwing it!

still got my fathers diplomas from Dunwoodie tech school for 1934 I think i treasure them more just found them back:rolleyes:

7. rodbiz

rodbiz
    from Illinois

My dad was a Doctor. Here's his Certificate.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. LGDenney

LGDenney

Hay guys gusee I am an old fart that took "and passed" the Dr of Moters in 1964. Wish I still had the certificate, to many moves it got lost somewhere. I am glad that someone still remembers the good old days of points, plugs and condensers.:cool:

9. 327Eric

327Eric

I got mine in '92 at the local community college. Still got the certificate filed away, and got an 8 inch patch floating around somewhere.

10. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Forgot about that--got mine at Chowchilla High School in 1960--it's somewhere stashed away

11. We didn't have auto shop,class in 1964. Only wood shop. Still have my shelf.

12. burnout2614

burnout2614

My shop teacher probably helped write the course! My certificates don't start til 79 but my shop teacher had his classes "rebuild" a slant six so many times the bolt holes were worn out! peace

SS327 likes this.
  13. Don Jenkins

Don Jenkins

This was my dad's and it still keeps perfect time. I have no idea when he got it, but I remember it as far back as I can remember and I'm 53 now.

Attached Files:

14. that clock has to be rare

15. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Got mine in 78 . It has been a hell of a ride to get where I'm at now . I got certificates for suspension , brakes , electrical , motors . Patches for my jacket also . I was in tall cotton when I went job hunting ,

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

SS327 likes this.
  16. BOBCRMAN

BOBCRMAN
    from Holly

Got mine in 1967

17. brasscarguy

brasscarguy
    from seattle

I still have the 1st clicker torque wrench I got with P/C box tops. That was in 1967 and it still works spot on. I also used Mc Quay Norris chassis parts. We saved those box tops and waited for the regional rep to show up and count them. Once we had the count he would show us a catalog of merchandise we could claim. It always took a few weeks to get what ever we ordered. There were tools and also thinks for wifey.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

18. junior 1957

junior 1957

19. Minnesota Troy

Minnesota Troy

Belonged to my Great Grandfather.

Attached Files:

junior 1957 and Max Gearhead like this.
  20. A221C34B-6288-47EA-AEFF-C2C00C00EB52.jpeg I’ve had this hanging in my shop for years. My favourite was always #6

21. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Love those Code of Ethics. Too bad not all followed the 8 Commandments then and now.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  22. Scott Faris

Scott Faris

23. southcross2631

southcross2631

I got mine in 1964 .I was a sophomore in high school. They made a big deal out of it at our high school.
    Had a Perfect Circle rep make a speech at an assembly and called up the guys who got one . I think there was about 10 guys in our high school auto shop program to pass.
    Our auto shop was supported by the factories by giving us cars to work on plus engines to work on.
    Almost every time the shop teacher would leave the room we would try and bend the tach needle on a 289 we had mounted on a test stand.

24. egads

egads

25. sunbeam

sunbeam

I still use their break in procedure.

26. Eric Crow

Eric Crow
    from Acton, CA

98D17183-CD27-4BC0-9CFA-B6E970A28FEB.jpeg Found my father in laws certificate. My wife said it hung in his speed shop as she remembered. Very cool! 98D17183-CD27-4BC0-9CFA-B6E970A28FEB.jpeg

junior 1957 and egads like this.
  27. D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

My dad's. He passed away alost a year ago. Before he did he asked me what he owned that I wanted. My reply was I want the clock you looked at everyday for 25 years at napa.he says now why would you want that old thing. Because dad if I could have all the time you spent looking at that clock with you I'd be a very happy girl. Its priceless to me.

Attached Files:

28. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

There's a girl that gets her DAD!

Present tense intentional;)

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F likes this.
  29. JWL115C

JWL115C
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I earned my Dr. of Motors certificate in 1959. I have no idea of where it is now.