Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods bulit proof a columbia rearend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by boo, Sep 23, 2018.

1. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

i just got back my 1934 columbia rear that i had in my 34 back in 1972.i've had 3 other columbia's bullit proofed by a man in tennassee , lastname was Stooksbury [sp], anyone know if he is still doing rears?? how to get hold of him?? don't have use for this rear now but would like to get it done just in case.

2. Bursonaw

Bursonaw

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

Bursonaw, thanks, when i sold the 34 about 1980 ,the buer took out the runningear so the rear has been sold to 3-4 other guy's but never used, so it should still be in good shape, just would like it beefed up.

Bursonaw and kidcampbell71 like this.
  4. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

Found him, Jonny Stooksbury in chattanuga tn., he still does the bullit broofing but doesen't rebuild the complete rears anymore. has done 3 for me , 40 cpe, 27 T cpe, early rdst. pu. still have the T and rdst pu. real happy.

5. uncle buck

uncle buck

John does the bulletproofing and will still do complete builds. He also reproduces many Columbia specific parts

6. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

thanks, these are too different JOHNS,i used jonny in tn. ,I looked up John @ columbia two speed rarts, great to know where to get parts if needed, used to have to rebuild parts or try to find nos.

7. uncle buck

uncle buck

Sorry I didn’t clarify, John Connelly is the other John and he is in Arizona

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. What does this "bullet-proofing" actually entail?

9. Bursonaw

Bursonaw

deluxester and cactus1 like this.